Gib Reputations with expac 3.

zealex.9410

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Donari.5237" said:I'm not terribly interested in a reputation grind myself, though I'll allow as how there may be ways to implement it to make it fun rather than a chore.

But the title really made me think this was going to be against any reputation system. "Gib" may be cute misspeak for "Give" but I know it as slang for instant murder. http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/gib

I... want gib reputations.Can we have an actual "bounty" set up? Like stealth instance missions we have to get in and go after a specific target without getting spotted and murdering the person in cold blood to get our reward?I would like this.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"Donari.5237" said:I'm not terribly interested in a reputation grind myself, though I'll allow as how there may be ways to implement it to make it fun rather than a chore.

But the title really made me think this was going to be
against
any reputation system. "Gib" may be cute misspeak for "Give" but I know it as slang for instant murder.

I... want gib reputations.Can we have an actual "bounty" set up? Like stealth instance missions we have to get in and go after a specific target without getting spotted and murdering the person in cold blood to get our reward?I would like this.

Eso has the missions you are looking for, and they are not challenging nor that fun ( though they can be randomized in terms of place where to find the target or the booty ). Furthermore we have to take in mind that Eso works in a way that all classes do have "stealth", and that's why they were able to do this.

@Daniel.5428 said:It's a bad idea.1) Will just be a way of brainless grind (eventually forcing you to do the same event over and over again for rep)2) We have masteries for that already, they work like a form of reputation.3) This is not WoW so please don't make Anet copy things from WoW.

1. Events usually have downtime so do boundies etc doing the same one only would be counterproductive if you are farming rep.
  2. Masteries have nothing long term in them u can have all mount masteries and the griffon one in around a week or so.
  3. This is gw2 idd its not wow. But wow took some of the concept that gw2 has and saw big sucess from them are you telling me that we cant see success from systems that the top mmo has if we add them in a good way?

Considering GW1 had a reputation system in the form of titles (reputation style titles were first introduced in Factions but also used in Nightfall and most extensively in Eye of the North) I'm sure Anet are well aware of the concept and made a deliberate decision to avoid in GW2 as part of their attempt to reduce grind.

That reminds me, I should finish the Friend of the Luxons title track sometime, only 5 million points left to go...

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Are we allowed to report for using the word 'gib' in a post title?

Also, no.

I thought it was quite cute personally, reminded me of how my 5 year old niece talks. It meant I read the entire post as if she was saying it.

Archived