Gib Reputations with expac 3.

zealex.9410

Ya, Reputations are imo areally good idea for the game going forward which sadly isnt really in the game yet.

The concept of reputations is quite simple, they are another form of masteries but not quite.

The concept:

Reputations are map specific masteries whichpurpose is to provide a sense of pride andaccomp-- no, its to provide long termengagememt to specific maps for rewards.

The way they work:

Basically unlike other masteries they arentmade with completion within a few days inmind. They are built with the idea that theplayer will comeback every day to the map todo the content of said map (if he wants to getthe goods in least amount of time).

Why not make them normal masteries then?

Because unlike normal masteries where youget exp from matters alot more. Normalmasteries are tied to a region, reputations aretied to their specific maps.

The main way to get reputation is through themap specific dailies which can be done onceand give ALOT of reputation xp.

Other than than completing events on thatspecific map also rewards u with less xp thatisnt timegated.

This would work alongside the maps beingrewarding on their own so doing the eventshouldnt feel like a chore because "gotta grindthem reps"

To start the reputation u need to talk to aspecific Npc for each map.

As with many other features of the expansionreputations could be added to living worldmaps to give them alot more value and keep ubusy in the down time.

ATTENTION:

As i said these are long term. U shouldntexpect casually playing the game to have themunlocked the first week. In theory u will prob beable to unlock them in a week or a week and 3days, but thats gonna be a week and 3 days ofyou playing for 10+ hours on that 1 map.

This is more of a thing u would do over thecourse of a month or so.

Rewards:

Each reputation lvl (like mastery lvls) will comewith its own set of rewards. For each lvl u willbe able to go back to the Npc of which ustarted the rep from and he will have a tieredshop.

U then can go to the tier of which u completedand pick the rewards. (Now the rewads canhave a small currency cost to not just be " oh ifinished it and i got everything from that tier atonce for no gold" but nothing "crazy" like thecost of the griffon ( for early tiers)).

Ofc higher tiers will come with better things foryou to show off with the highest having thebest stuff.

Rewards can be armor skins, weapon skins,tonics, minis ( idk about these), titles etc.The highest tier id wish it could have mountskins and such, but i dont see that happeningso it could have auras and maybe legendarygifts ( for new legendaries if by 2020 we aredone with the hot ones and they decide to sell anew set).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Linken.6345" said:I wouldent want anet to put reputation grind into the game tbh.And even if they did do you think they would put armor weapon and mount skins into the pot?Maybe a armor set over 6 episodes and 6 maps mate and thats a big maybe.

Armor skins not armor sets. Armor skins such as the se3 stuff that are like outfit parts.

As for the grind of in the "minority" that finished pof in the first 5 to 6 days so thats where im comming from.

@"zealex.9410" said:Ya, Reputations are imo areally good idea for the game going forward which sadly isnt really in the game yet.Not sure what this is but, isn't it in the game already known as Karma?

The concept of reputations is quite simple, they are another form of masteries but not quite.Um... already sounding bad...

The concept:

Reputations are map specific masteries whichpurpose is to provide a sense of pride andaccomp-- no, its to provide long termengagememt to specific maps for rewards.And now it's sounding worse than bad...

The way they work:

Basically unlike other masteries they arentmade with completion within a few days inmind. They are built with the idea that theplayer will comeback every day to the map todo the content of said map (if he wants to getthe goods in least amount of time).We're already kind of forced back to certain maps we might not like for dailies, now you want to force people back to certain maps to grind?

Because unlike normal masteries where youget exp from matters alot more. Normalmasteries are tied to a region, reputations aretied to their specific maps.Which makes masteries sound better as it's better to be based on a region than a specific map.I like Auric Basin. I already have the least amount of currency in B... well Brink I have a ton because I was stuck there for what felt like a billion years trying to get mastery points for the glider... BUT have the least amount of currency in the others because I just don't like those maps.

The main way to get reputation is through themap specific dailies which can be done onceand give ALOT of reputation xp.The "main" way? That would mean the main way is based on praying that daily for that map even shows up.This is sounding more horrid the more I go down.

Other than than completing events on thatspecific map also rewards u with less xp thatisnt timegated.So I'm now I'm sitting in a place I hate like Dredgehaunt or Tangled Depths or Desolation to farm events for "less xp" reputation.This isn't sounding like pride and accomplishment. It's sounding like torture.

This would work alongside the maps beingrewarding on their own so doing the eventshouldnt feel like a chore because "gotta grindthem reps"But it IS sounding like a chore. It's a chore.

To start the reputation u need to talk to aspecific Npc for each map.Okay... listening...

As with many other features of the expansionreputations could be added to living worldmaps to give them alot more value and keep ubusy in the down time.Yeah. No. Another map I don't like from Living World is Draconis Mons, Bloodstone Fen, and Istan. I'm getting my value from going to maps I actually like going to, playing, "farming", and whatever.

ATTENTION:You... kind of lost it with some of these suggestions, but I'm listening still.

As i said these are long term. U shouldntexpect casually playing the game to have themunlocked the first week. In theory u will prob beable to unlock them in a week or a week and 3days, but thats gonna be a week and 3 days ofyou playing for 10+ hours on that 1 map.And knowing me, those days I have 10+ hours to bloody waste I WOULD try and do that to get it over with as I don't like this kind of grinding for "Reputation" nonsense.I would want to get them over and done with as it does not sound like fun.

This is more of a thing u would do over thecourse of a month or so.If 10+ hours would get it done in a week... "a month or so" would be let's say 6 weeks. Meaning around 2 hours a day on a single map... that isn't Dragon's Stand and not a map I'm trying to 100% for map completion... yaaaaay?Oh, and I guess Silverwastes too as you can be there for about 2 hours if you do the meta twice.

Rewards:This will be good...

Each reputation lvl (like mastery lvls) will comewith its own set of rewards. For each lvl u willbe able to go back to the Npc of which ustarted the rep from and he will have a tieredshop.Still listening. This part sounds "okay", but eh at the same time.

U then can go to the tier of which u completedand pick the rewards. (Now the rewads canhave a small currency cost to not just be " oh ifinished it and i got everything from that tier atonce for no gold" but nothing "crazy" like thecost of the griffon ( for early tiers)).What currency. Normal copper/silver/gold? Map currency? Unbound/Volitile?Also "nothing crazy like the cost of the Griffon". How "crazy" though?To have to farm the reputation like this much to even unlock this thing it has to be decent.

Ofc higher tiers will come with better things foryou to show off with the highest having thebest stuff.That is the matter of opinion I would have to say. "Better things for you to show off".

Rewards can be armor skins, weapon skins,tonics, minis ( idk about these), titles etc.The highest tier id wish it could have mountskins and such, but i dont see that happeningso it could have auras and maybe legendarygifts ( for new legendaries if by 2020 we aredone with the hot ones and they decide to sell anew set).

And this already made me not interested.The armour/weapon skins sounds nice.

Tonics, unless I can use the humanoid ones with mounts, I don't want anymore. Already regret getting that Kodan one in Bitterfrost as I thought I could've used it on my Raptor when I got it.

Minis I have 0 care for, and to buy titles (NOT GOING TO MENTION THE "I'm rich, you know" ONE AS IT'S STILL ACHIEVEMENT RELATED) sound meh to me.Will all these titles be achievement based too? how much achievement points? how much the cost? Once again, you said "not as crazy as Griffon", but that "I'm rich, you know" one makes the Griffon looks like a 5 slot pouch I can buy in Shaemoor.

I loathe Auras and until I can turn off footprints, I don't want Legendaries.

BUT this isn't about me of course, so once again still for those that do like Auras and Legendaries and Minis and whatever else... need prices. That's all it comes down to after putting a meaningless and pointless grind into the game.

How. Much.

Oh, and just to say. I'm 1,000,000% against this.

Also before I forget, what legendaries, minis, skins, titles can I unlock in Metrica Province? I just want to know. Or Queensdale? Snowden?

this is a video game only !!! only thing Reputations should mean at the very least is they are a game rank and mean noting other wise at all !! and honestly should not ever be in a video game other wise !!!

what op is suggesting oh to the kitten no!!!!!!! no way no how no matter how you spell it say it just kitten no !!!any one that thinks Reputations should mean something in this game should go looking for other games !!!that is not going to fly in this game and never will work !!!!

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:this is a video game only !!! only thing Reputations should mean at the very least is they are a game rank and mean noting other wise at all !! and honestly should not ever be in a video game other wise !!!

what op is suggesting oh to the kitten no!!!!!!! no way no how no matter how you spell it say it just kitten no !!!any one that thinks Reputations should mean something in this game should go looking for other games !!!that is not going to fly in this game and never will work !!!!

Who says that reputations mean anything? lul

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Uhh, I actually think OPs idea is a nice way to bring back relevance to old maps. On the other hand? I just know they won't put in worthwhile rewards. I don't think their team is big enough for it.

Since its next expansion stuff if it get implemented its those expansions maps and maybe the ones going forward.Anet aint going to update all the core maps and 2 expansions thats up in the clouds thinking.

OP if you want reputation grind I hear wow have a ton of them that may be your cup of tea.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Ya, Reputations are imo areally good idea for the game going forward which sadly isnt really in the game yet.Not sure what this is but, isn't it in the game already known as Karma?

The concept of reputations is quite simple, they are another form of masteries but not quite.Um... already sounding bad...

The concept:

Reputations are map specific masteries whichpurpose is to provide a sense of pride andaccomp-- no, its to provide long termengagememt to specific maps for rewards.And now it's sounding worse than bad...

The way they work:

Basically unlike other masteries they arentmade with completion within a few days inmind. They are built with the idea that theplayer will comeback every day to the map todo the content of said map (if he wants to getthe goods in least amount of time).We're already kind of forced back to certain maps we might not like for dailies, now you want to force people back to certain maps to grind?

Because unlike normal masteries where youget exp from matters alot more. Normalmasteries are tied to a region, reputations aretied to their specific maps.Which makes masteries sound better as it's better to be based on a region than a specific map.I like Auric Basin. I already have the least amount of currency in B... well Brink I have a ton because I was stuck there for what felt like a billion years trying to get mastery points for the glider... BUT have the least amount of currency in the others because I just don't like those maps.

The main way to get reputation is through themap specific dailies which can be done onceand give ALOT of reputation xp.The "main" way? That would mean the main way is based on praying that daily for that map even shows up.This is sounding more horrid the more I go down.

Other than than completing events on thatspecific map also rewards u with less xp thatisnt timegated.So I'm now I'm sitting in a place I hate like Dredgehaunt or Tangled Depths or Desolation to farm events for "less xp" reputation.This isn't sounding like pride and accomplishment. It's sounding like torture.

This would work alongside the maps beingrewarding on their own so doing the eventshouldnt feel like a chore because "gotta grindthem reps"But it IS sounding like a chore. It's a chore.

To start the reputation u need to talk to aspecific Npc for each map.Okay... listening...

As with many other features of the expansionreputations could be added to living worldmaps to give them alot more value and keep ubusy in the down time.Yeah. No. Another map I don't like from Living World is Draconis Mons, Bloodstone Fen, and Istan. I'm getting my value from going to maps I actually like going to, playing, "farming", and whatever.

ATTENTION:
You... kind of lost it with some of these suggestions, but I'm listening still.

As i said these are long term. U shouldntexpect casually playing the game to have themunlocked the first week. In theory u will prob beable to unlock them in a week or a week and 3days, but thats gonna be a week and 3 days ofyou playing for 10+ hours on that 1 map.And knowing me, those days I have 10+ hours to bloody waste I WOULD try and do that to get it over with as I don't like this kind of grinding for "Reputation" nonsense.I would want to get them over and done with as it does not sound like fun.

This is more of a thing u would do over thecourse of a month or so.If 10+ hours would get it done in a week... "a month or so" would be let's say 6 weeks. Meaning around 2 hours a day on a single map... that isn't Dragon's Stand and not a map I'm trying to 100% for map completion... yaaaaay?Oh, and I guess Silverwastes too as you can be there for about 2 hours if you do the meta twice.

Rewards:
This will be good...

Each reputation lvl (like mastery lvls) will comewith its own set of rewards. For each lvl u willbe able to go back to the Npc of which ustarted the rep from and he will have a tieredshop.Still listening. This part sounds "okay", but eh at the same time.

U then can go to the tier of which u completedand pick the rewards. (Now the rewads canhave a small currency cost to not just be " oh ifinished it and i got everything from that tier atonce for no gold" but nothing "crazy" like thecost of the griffon ( for early tiers)).What currency. Normal copper/silver/gold? Map currency? Unbound/Volitile?Also "nothing crazy like the cost of the Griffon". How "crazy" though?To have to farm the reputation like this much to even unlock this thing it has to be decent.

Ofc higher tiers will come with better things foryou to show off with the highest having thebest stuff.That is the matter of opinion I would have to say. "Better things for you to show off".

And this already made me not interested.The armour/weapon skins sounds nice.

Tonics, unless I can use the humanoid ones with mounts, I don't want anymore. Already regret getting that Kodan one in Bitterfrost as I thought I could've used it on my Raptor when I got it.

Minis I have 0 care for, and to buy titles (NOT GOING TO MENTION THE "I'm rich, you know" ONE AS IT'S STILL ACHIEVEMENT RELATED) sound meh to me.Will all these titles be achievement based too? how much achievement points? how much the cost? Once again, you said "not as crazy as Griffon", but that "I'm rich, you know" one makes the Griffon looks like a 5 slot pouch I can buy in Shaemoor.

I loathe Auras and until I can turn off footprints, I don't want Legendaries.

BUT this isn't about me of course, so once again still for those that do like Auras and Legendaries and Minis and whatever else... need prices. That's all it comes down to after putting a meaningless and pointless grind into the game.

How. Much.

Oh, and just to say. I'm 1,000,000% against this.

Also before I forget, what legendaries, minis, skins, titles can I unlock in Metrica Province? I just want to know. Or Queensdale? Snowden?

Daily quest like the ones the lw maps have. Every lw map has its one daily quest u do t have to "pray" for the right ones.

@Linken.6345 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Uhh, I actually think OPs idea is a nice way to bring back relevance to old maps. On the other hand? I just know they won't put in worthwhile rewards. I don't think their team is big enough for it.

Since its next expansion stuff if it get implemented its those expansions maps and maybe the ones going forward.Anet aint going to update all the core maps and 2 expansions thats up in the clouds thinking.

OP if you want reputation grind I hear wow have a ton of them that may be your cup of tea.

The idea is to not leave and go to a diff game. The idea is to implement systems that dont hurt some ppl but give value to others.

@zealex.9410 said:The idea is to not leave and go to a diff game. The idea is to implement systems that dont hurt some ppl but give value to others.

It does hurt people, and feed those who have a problem with the game ( i don't have nothing here to do but still i pretend to have something, even useless as farming reputation ). The moment you realize that you are bored, you should stop for a while and try to realize that

1. You don't have a subscription.
  2. You can return whenever you want and be capped and with your previous endgame equipment which still works.
  3. If the game has currently nothing more to give, you should simply take a break from it and do something else.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:The idea is to not leave and go to a diff game. The idea is to implement systems that dont hurt some ppl but give value to others.

It does hurt people, and feed those who have a problem with the game ( i don't have nothing here to do but still i pretend to have something, even useless as farming reputation ). The moment you realize that you are bored, you should stop for a while and try to realize that
  1. You don't have a subscription.
  2. You can return whenever you want and be capped and with your previous endgame equipment which still works.
  3. If the game has currently nothing more to give, you should simply take a break from it and do something else.

That can say i have never met that mind set. Its like telling me "raids hurt ppl who dont do them while feed those who hate the game" or "masteries hurt ppl who dont like them while also feed ppl who hate the game"

1. Not having a subscription is no reason to keep ppl from suggesting ideas.
  2. Id prefer my friends to leave less often if ever to not have to come back more often.
  3. The game often has nothing to give after few days of new content be added.

Archived