Re-crafting precursors

I'm still learning a lot about the game and recently just finished the incinerator legendary. During downtime I wanted to re-make the spark in order to sell while doing other things. Today, after finishing spark experiment and perfected dagger, I find out that I cannot re-create spark because you can apparently only make a precursor once per account. Is there a way around this or did I just waste around 200g trying to re-make it? Also, if it is the case that I did waste my time, why on earth would they allow you to re-purchase the spirit necessary to make another set of precursors that you've already completed then? That seems like an oversight that could be addressed for newer players. Thanks.

I believe some players have had success asking the CS Team to return some mats, when confused about crafting a second Precursor. You can try contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

(The Wiki [link above] is a treasure-trove of information on GW2; it's helpful to research expensive endeavors beforehand.)

Good luck.

It is interesting that it is offered though, especially as there is a specific achievement for creating the same legendary twice. I know we don't want to glut the market with precursors and/or legendaries (or maybe some do) but for those of us not blessed by RNG-sus, this is the only way possible, other than horking over hundreds of gold at a time.

Hmm there seems to have been some stealth patches regarding legendary crafting. Previously you can purchase the chest but can't open it again which meant you couldn't get the additional essence. Additionally for the gen2.5 legendaries it was previously not possible to craft multiple of the same weapon but that limit seems to have been removed since I last checked. Can't tell if it is intentional or a bug.

@Cadaver Material.3162 said:It is interesting that it is offered though, especially as there is a specific achievement for creating the same legendary twice. I know we don't want to glut the market with precursors and/or legendaries (or maybe some do) but for those of us not blessed by RNG-sus, this is the only way possible, other than horking over hundreds of gold at a time.

That achievement is an effect of changes made over time.

When the game was first released the Wardrobe didn't exist, so the only way to dual wield legendaries, or to use them on 2 characters without passing them through the bank all the time, was to make 2 of them. And many people did exactly that.

Then they brought in the wardrobe and those 2nd legendaries became largely redundant (unless you were changing your stats a lot). The title was offered as a kind of compensation for people who had gone to all that effort and now had nothing to show for it.

You may only CRAFT a precursor once. period. finito. You can PURCHASE a 2nd and make 2 of the same GEN 1 legendary. GEN 2-one and done. This is not communicated very well through the tiny text on the crafting screen when you make the precursor. Also the items that are only tied to that legendary only are still craftable! I ran into this situation on my first LEG and got everything but the final crafting done, contacted support and they were very nice and fixed the situation.

• 4 years later...
On 1/16/2018 at 6:29 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

That achievement is an effect of changes made over time.

When the game was first released the Wardrobe didn't exist, so the only way to dual wield legendaries, or to use them on 2 characters without passing them through the bank all the time, was to make 2 of them. And many people did exactly that.

Then they brought in the wardrobe and those 2nd legendaries became largely redundant (unless you were changing your stats a lot). The title was offered as a kind of compensation for people who had gone to all that effort and now had nothing to show for it.

Does this mean that Incinerator can be dual wielded without having to make a 2nd one?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheAlchemist.3795 said:

Does this mean that Incinerator can be dual wielded without having to make a 2nd one?

No, what Danikat is saying is that before there was a wardrobe, you couldn't skin a second weapon to look like your legendary. and thus could not visually dual wield it.  Reskinning a weapon involved destroying two weapons to combine into a new one where you chose the skin, stats, and upgrades to keep.  Nowadays thanks to the wardrobe you can make a second non-Incinerator legendary and use the Incinerator skin to get a symmetric look, or just skin an ascended (or heck, a level one white) if you don't want to go through the effort of crafting another legendary.