Weapons on the ready!

Would it not be cool to have a button for getting weapons ready and having them stay in our hands until we press it again? Like the run/walk toggle button.

We work so hard on some items that look way cooler when we have them in our hands (ex; PVP backpack, legendary weapons). Yet all that coolness can not be admired by the player because they only open up in combat and when you use a skill.And lets face it in combat you rarely look at yourself.To have too keep using skills just so you can admire yourself its stupid.

We already have the button that stows and gets weapon on the ready. Can you not make it so if you press it you keep your weapons in your hands until you press it again?Would be cool for video editing and because some items just look better when they open up. (again example the PVP backpack wing and effect expansion). Would it be so hard to have it in game?

For the ppl who do not want that they can simply ignore that button but for ppl who want it would be cool.Opinions thoughts? I see no way an addition like this would cause harm.

This has been requested since release, and has been ignored for years.

There are many voices to have such an option because many players do not like the 4 legs run animation of Charr and would like to have such option to allow their charr always 2 legs run with weapon drawn.

I was one of those asking for this option.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:I mean, there is an option to draw your weapon. Is that what you mean?

No, what OP asks for is an option to
toggle
drawn weapons, so that once drawn they
stay
drawn until the player chooses to stow.

but you can always just toggle it back on again. It's not that hard to do.Toggle it in hand... move around... it gets sheathed... toggle it back on again.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:I mean, there is an option to draw your weapon. Is that what you mean?

toggle
stay

but you can always just toggle it back on again. It's not that hard to do.Toggle it in hand... move around... it gets sheathed... toggle it back on again.

Lol i wonder how i could not think of that? Because of course i wanna press a button every 20 seconds to play the game in the mode that i prefer. THX!Like come on .... if you do not support the idea just don't comment on it and move on to the next post but things like these are as useless as they come.

toggle
stay

Engineer kit can stay forever, it will be best to have an option for weapon drawn as well. Some race idle animation is extremely ugly, for example human male, sweating and playing with his glove, like a ten year old kid first time on the stage for a public performance. Weapon drawn idle looks so much cooler.

@Blacklust.4638 said:

toggle
stay

Lol i wonder how i could not think of that? Because of course i wanna press a button every 20 seconds to play the game in the mode that i prefer. THX!Like come on .... if you do not support the idea just don't comment on it and move on to the next post but things like these are as useless as they come.

I support the idea as I'm one that uses touch of madness on almost all my characters (actually I think I use it on all of them...)Necro, Guardian, Ranger, Mesmer... wait I don't think Thief can use it.And I usually always trigger myself to keep it out to show it.

I don't do the toggle though as I only learn about it in this topic as I used to just press 1 or use an emote to keep it on forever (can do something like /sit or /dance or /crossarms and the flaming hand never sheaths away).

I just personally never had an issue keeping my weapon out and with this toggle situation, I will be using it now after I find a button to link it with.

toggle
stay

That's .... not very helpful at all.

As to the OP. This sounds like a good addition that I could get behind. I would use this mostly on characters that use a shield. I don't like how the shield stows on your back and removes your backpack.

@Blacklust.4638 said:

toggle
stay

Seems a bit rude toward someone offering help since what you are asking for isn't in the game. Are you referring to useless things such as this post about nothing. Of all the things that should happen in this game, this is one of the very bottom. He never said he didn't support your idea, but you attacked like he did anyway.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

toggle
stay

Seems a bit rude toward someone offering help since what you are asking for isn't in the game. Are you referring to useless things such as this post about nothing. Of all the things that should happen in this game, this is one of the very bottom. He never said he didn't support your idea, but you attacked like he did anyway.

The OP starts with "Wouldn't it be cool if", clearly showing that it's a suggestion to implement something that currently doesn't exist.

They later mentions the current option to draw/stow and how it doesn't do quite what tje OP wants.

A couple of responses along the line of "it's already in game" referring to the option that the OP already mentioned then completely misses the pretty clear distinction between what exists and what the OP wants follows.

When the distinction is pointed out, doubling down on the existing option that the OP has already mentioned and explained why it's not sufficient, isn't actually very helpful - it really sounds condescending.

toggle
stay

The OP starts with "Wouldn't it be cool if", clearly showing that it's a suggestion to implement something that currently doesn't exist.

They later mentions the current option to draw/stow and how it doesn't do quite what tje OP wants.

A couple of responses along the line of "it's already in game" referring to the option
that the OP already mentioned
then
completely
misses the pretty clear distinction between what exists and what the OP wants follows.

When the distinction is pointed out, doubling down on the existing option
that the OP has already mentioned and explained why it's not sufficient
, isn't actually very helpful - it really sounds condescending.

Some people just pop in to read the OP and give advice without reading the rest of the responses, which is why, in almost every thread giving advice has tons of overlap, some even saying the exact same thing as other. That is still no reason to be rude to anyone. Would you act like that to a person's face?

@Klowdy.3126 said:

toggle
stay

A couple of responses along the line of "it's already in game" referring to the option
then
completely
misses the pretty clear distinction between what exists and what the OP wants follows.

Some people just pop in to read the OP and give advice without reading the rest of the responses, which is why, in almost every thread giving advice has tons of overlap, some even saying the exact same thing as other. That is still no reason to be rude to anyone. Would you act like that to a person's face?

If only they took the time to actually read the entire OP before commenting, or at least before responding to having been called out as incorrect...

Note that the rude comment (I read it as sarcastic, not rude, but tone is hard to judge in text and the border between sarcasm and rudeness is quite subjective) is directed not to the inital response, but to Ayumi doubling down on the already twice-refuted suggestion of using the existing option.

"Just use what's already there" is a really bad response when someone suggests a new option and explains why the existing option is unsatisfying. It's ok to miss parts of an argument or suggestion, but when that is pointed out, you either appologise for missing it, or at least don't keep arguing your misinformed point!

toggle
stay

then
completely

If only they took the time to actually read
the entire
OP before commenting, or at least before responding to having been called out as incorrect...

Note that the rude comment (I read it as sarcastic, not rude, but tone is hard to judge in text and the border between sarcasm and rudeness is quite subjective) is directed not to the inital response, but to Ayumi
doubling down
on the already twice-refuted suggestion of using the existing option.

"Just use what's already there" is a
really bad
response when someone suggests a new option
and explains why the existing option is unsatisfying
. It's ok to miss parts of an argument or suggestion, but when that is pointed out, you either appologise for missing it, or at least
don't keep arguing your misinformed point!

True, I have been misinterpreted a few times through text alone. I should apologize for jumping to conclusions. I don't try to be a white knight on the forums, or anything like that, but rude people annoy me to the point of actually saying something. I've been jaded to gamers for the most part I guess. It has actually gotten better since spreading my gaming across multiple titles.

@"Blacklust.4638" said:Opinions thoughts? I see no way an addition like this would cause harm.

The only thing I can think of is that lots of legendaries and armor have tons of visual effects added to them that make other players' screens look awful. It's bad enough during open world events when you have rainbow and black swooshy field of blankness interrupting your view of the boss. Now imagine having that everywhere you roam in the open world. Annoying. Players already "show off" their weapons by jumping around and whooshing everywhere a crowd gathers. Ugh.

Still, if the toggle someone requested in the light show thread elsewhere on this forum is ever implemented, that won't be a problem for those of us who can't stand those weapons.

I wish I had the option to give you a conditional thumbs up. More options and choices are always a good thing.

@juhani.5361 said:

@"Blacklust.4638" said:Opinions thoughts? I see no way an addition like this would cause harm.

The only thing I can think of is that lots of legendaries and armor have tons of visual effects added to them that make other players' screens look awful. It's bad enough during open world events when you have rainbow and black swooshy field of blankness interrupting your view of the boss. Now imagine having that everywhere you roam in the open world. Annoying. Players already "show off" their weapons by jumping around and whooshing everywhere a crowd gathers. Ugh.

Still, if the toggle someone requested in the light show thread elsewhere on this forum is ever implemented, that won't be a problem for those of us who can't stand those weapons.

I wish I had the option to give you a conditional thumbs up. More options and choices are always a good thing.

I get your point. a solution could be an added filter for weapon attack and effects as well.We have a filter for player limit model. could be a small issue true but on the most machines these days gw2 is already outdated in visual quality.I work in IT for HP you would be surprised how many omens are purchased and the quality on the game frame wise and visual allowed plus benchmarks on them.

Archived