What race should i pick for a necromancer (esp. scourge)? (closed)

Lostyx.6035

@Lostyx.6035 said:Please don't derail this topic with talk about what skill is better or worse than another. I wasn't asking for that information, just your opinion on aesthetics and voice.

If you desire to argue about what skill's better in which situation, i suggest you go to the necro subforum and discuss it there.

Apologies. Though even if that skill didn't exist I would still pick Sylvari. Necro has a very green/dark green/black pallete that meshes well with Sylvari skin tones as well as the dark green/purple/red tones of the Nightmare Court. With Sylvari exclusive cultural armor you can make your clothes (which are technically your skin in lore, they grow their own clothing, how weird is that) look like an autumn plant slowly dying, and when winter comes make them look dead.

@Yereton.8647 I've read some chats and forum posts on what fits the lore of the necromancer before and i think many people made solid arguments for the case that every race has good reasons for the existence of necromancers. So i figured the lore wouldn't be a problem in picking a race and just went for aesthetics instead. Thanks for your input nonetheless, it's very appreciated as is every post here for me! :)

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Yereton.8647 said:If you want to follow Lore, the original scourges were Elonians. So in my books Human's with the Elonian customization is your best bet.

But we’re many years past that now and Necromancy is spread far and wide..?

I don’t see how that is “following the lore” at all.

Note that I said scourge,not necromancers in general, which was created by Joko, as seen by the specialization NPC Akesi Xuni. I mentioned scourges due to OP's title. Furthermore, due to Elona being blocked off in one way or another for generations, scourges were all Elonian; at least until the start of PoF, where the PC has that option of specialization. Ergo my opinion about creating an Elonian character.

• Like 1

@Oglaf.1074 said:But Scourge ain’t exclusive either. A none-Elonian Scourge is not “less lore” or anything.

I am not saying it's exclusive, but in my _opinion _Elonian Scourges would be my choice, due to them being the culture that has most of them, and the culture that created them. You don't need to agree with my opinion, but lore-wise my statements have been correct. I never insinuated that Elonians are the only ones that can learn the Scourge specification. In fact that specialization only opened up in 1330, merely a few months from the timeline of LS4 - Daybreak. So most (if not all) core Tyrians would learn this specialization in that time period.

But I digress, and my opinion still stands.

• Like 1

Asura male for the look, and also the perspective/POV. I've always found that Charr can't see a damn thing doing jumping puzzles, for instance, whereas Asura can. And since I'd probably only make either necro or engineers Asura (because melee classes get lost in the visuals), why not take the opportunity to make an Asuran?

@Yereton.8647 My bad, i somehow misread that you meant scourge and not necro in general. In that case, yes, scourge makes the most sense on a human, but for my purposes it is sufficient to just believe my char learned it when he/she entered and explored the secrets of the desert. But thank you for your clarification! ;)

@Eros.6801 That must be the most fabulous Norn i have ever seen! o.O How did you come up with that look? I'm really curious...

Soooo, feb 6 patch has finally dropped and i'm a bit sad about some pve nerfs (sry folks, i only pve, can't talk for any other game mode), but all in all just a small DPS nerf. I don't raid so i don't really care for numbercrunching. And with this, i will absolutely create a necromancer again!Because tomorrow is as early as i can log in, i will let the poll run for roughly another 12 hours and then i will pick the race/gender combo with the most votes (because some cool posts here i will count the 'other' category as roughly 2/3 female norn and 1/3 human whatever). So there's still some time to vote for everyone that still wants to! ;)

And the poll is officially closed! The winner is: MALE SYLVARI!Before I'm going to test some designs in the character creation screen, here are some themes i will try out (before i decide on one specific style as goal, so you know what my ideas were):-A brother to my female Sylvari thief (she is very green and black centered), so he is going to be black(-ish) and green/blue centered-A bloodstone obsessed style with a dark and red colour scheme (and shades as the spirits from bloodstones he is carrying)-A white style for a Sylvari that nearly withered to the harsh sun in the Elonian desert before unlocking his scourge powers. Maybe with a blue spirit glow or a yellow gold/sand glow while is body looks very thin and brittle.

Maybe while testing i will find something very different that fits my desires a bit better, but that's it for now.I want to thank everyone who voted and commented! You are the best! ;)When i hit lvl 80 and settle for a style i will post in the 'post your necromancer' section of the forum to keep you updated!See you in game! ;P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@"CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617" said:Make a Male Charr necro. They can be the cutest looking necros in the game. Isn't my necro, Rotfur Killslash, just the most cute and cuddly thing you have ever seen?

ysXhfIV.jpg

And by cute I mean terrifying, and by cuddly I mean nightmare-inducing!

Hi, it's cool, what skin do you use? I have the Charr necro too. Thanks.

@GhastBlade.3685 said:

@"CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617" said:Make a Male Charr necro. They can be the cutest looking necros in the game. Isn't my necro, Rotfur Killslash, just the most cute and cuddly thing you have ever seen?

ysXhfIV.jpg

Looks like,Bloodstone CrownChronomancers shouldersArah Chest and legsToxic GlovesBoots not visible.

@GhastBlade.3685 said:

ysXhfIV.jpg

Hi friend. It would seem they are using the;Helm: Bloodstone CrownShoulders: Chronomancer's EpauletsChest: Vestments of the LichGloves: Toxic Gloves SkinPants: Nightmare Court SarongBoots: Unsure due to screenshot

• 1 year later...