Question about the griffon mount scavenger hunt

I looked up everything that needs to be done, which is mostly finding some eggs hidden in each zone, buying a bunch of things from heart vendors for 25 gold each, and a few event drops.

My question is, is the whole chain soloable? Outside of the few bounty drops of course. From the looks of things, the only things that won't be doable alone are the bounty drops since those are all group content. But is there any other non soloable stuff I should prepare for?

I just got mine a couple weeks ago and the only group event I had to come back and try a second time was the one in Desert Highlands with Second Spear Nayrim. But even then the event cycled back up quickly enough that it wasn't a problem. Everything else was either soloable or enough people got to it quickly enough that it didn't matter. If you're calling out in map like I was, just remember to mention that it's a quest for the mount. That usually gets people interested. And some of us who already have it are more than happy to help. :)

Warden Jabari / Deadhouse / Elon RiverlandsSecond Spear Nayrim / oasis(?) defense / Desert Highlands

are the only two non-soloable events I can think of besides bounty. Neither needs more than 3 people, but nayrim is comfortable with 5+, and deadhouse is comfortbale with 7+.

Was the champion unbound djinn also for griffon? I forget //Elon Riverlands, that island in the SW corner of the map. If so, that too, again doable with 3 but comfortable with 5+.

@Lexi.1398 said:Warden Jabari / Deadhouse / Elon RiverlandsSecond Spear Nayrim / oasis(?) defense / Desert Highlands

are the only two non-soloable events I can think of besides bounty. Neither needs more than 3 people, but nayrim is comfortable with 5+, and deadhouse is comfortbale with 7+.

Was the champion unbound djinn also for griffon? I forget //Elon Riverlands, that island in the SW corner of the map. If so, that too, again doable with 3 but comfortable with 5+.

The djinn is needed for the griffon. That's the one I did just before Christmas where I started off going to join 1 other person finding the right location and waiting for the event to start, we called in more during the pre-event and by the time the champion spawned there were so many people the commander was asking us to slow down so everyone had time to tag him. When I left a 2nd group was forming ready for the next time it spawned.

I did the rest in early January and I never had the opportunity to try doing them alone - there was always at least a few other people there and usually someone would call it out in map chat which attracted even more. Even people who have the griffon or don't want it will often come because the events give decent rewards (as in it's worth the cost of a waypoint and a few minutes of your time) and some of them have their own achievements associated with them.

Archived