Potent Poison/deadeyes mark bug

babazhook.6805

• 3 weeks later...

@Xtinct.7031 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:I'm amazed this thread hasn't gotten more traction.

Tool tip works. Trait does not.

Because very very few play condition Deadeye

I would've thought it'd be more popular, as it's one of the (very)few Thief Builds that actually has some minor contribution to zergs in WvW with plenty of AoE condition and Might application.

I find the build > @TwiceDead.1963 said:

I would've thought it'd be more popular, as it's one of the (very)few Thief Builds that actually has some minor contribution to zergs in WvW with plenty of AoE condition and Might application.

Quite correct. Overall thief has little in the way of AOE attacks outside SB and Staff vault.You can potentially apply as many as 20 stacks bleed on each of five different people using the DE spec and do this at range. It takes a little doing to cycle through targets to MARK he one best able to provide desirable boons with those applied conditions , but something like 20 stacks of vuln on 5 different players even as portection given to 5 allies is something other thief condition specs can not do.

DE spec Condition thief lacks mobility , but can garner plenty of stealth as protection. This added stealth gives it excellent synergy with p/d builds using SB as alternate.

I’ve been testing and the bug is in both pvp and PvE. Trait active updates the tooltip but only applies 2 poison.

I need to make an in game report but with the skill split occupying a lot of dev attention I’m not sure they don’t know about it or just haven’t gotten to it yet.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 care to comment on whether this bug fix can make it in before/with the skill split patch?

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

I’d also add that condi DE is pretty good in other game modes. The condition application, cc and boons make it effective team support in sPvP if you know how to play it. It also does better on AoE downed cleave because the shortbow poison field actually can build high damage on downed targets and reduce incoming healing with cc more consistently applied per PG field.

A few people I’ve duelled have been like “wth?” after they died to condi against a DE. It’s not weak, although it doesn’t produce the big spikes of 14-28k oneshots that DE is known for.

Archived