So how do you find mesmer now in your respective gamemode?

zealex.9410

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it works for dailies and i use it for crafting. My adaptation to the changes is still in progress, I theorycrafted and tested in the mists three builds for firebrand, soulbeast/ranger, and renegade. And probably i'll give a try to holo and scourge. In WvW now i use mainly my daredevil, but who knows in the following weeks. I changed my hybrid build for my mesmer but i didn't like the results. So yes the changes we suffered made me open my mind and update and create other professions. I'll come back in the next balance patch and i hope it'll be good enough to update my mesmer and recover the good feelings I had playing it.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Overall i feel the nerf, as well as others in my guild. Its def noticeable and i dont know what ppl are talking about with "double mind wrack" talk lol

What nerf?

The one were everyone that was running trailblazer condi or PvP condi mirage can’t stack confusion now has to regear and can’t spam confusion on people with no condi clear?Other than that I can’t think of a big nerf.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Overall i feel the nerf, as well as others in my guild. Its def noticeable and i dont know what ppl are talking about with "double mind wrack" talk lol

What nerf?

The one were everyone that was running trailblazer condi or PvP condi mirage can’t stack confusion now has to regear and can’t spam confusion on people with no condi clear?Other than that I can’t think of a big nerf.

good thing no one said anything about a "big" nerf ;)

@Arlette.9684 said:

@witcher.3197 said:PvP: S+ tier.

Some Phantasms can hit for more than 50% of the average player HP with one shot (and then fire again because chrono) while the mesmer is using defensive stats and traits. It's an unbeatable 1v1 monster.

Mirage is broken too, mostly because it's impossible to CC them and they have thief-like mobility with amazing spammable burst and CCs.

Inclined to agree in many ways right now, but you gotta realize... This is the first major overhaul in GW2 for any class and as such it will take time to balance the scales. A major part of the problem in my personal opinion is that we’ve not gotten a major buff to our defensive stats since launch, whereas damage has more than tripled since.We need a defensive stats overhaul to make PvP in any and all its forms, healthy again.

Defensive stats are fine, just tone all classes down instead. Reduce condi and boon application across the board for a start

@Pyroatheist.9031 I would say that rev needs an overhaul on this level. Their energy and legend mechanics are lazy, and need a real rework. I also think that thief would benefit a lot from a fundamental rework of how their initiative system works

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Overall i feel the nerf, as well as others in my guild. Its def noticeable and i dont know what ppl are talking about with "double mind wrack" talk lol

What nerf?

good thing no one said anything about a "big" nerf ;)

I mean, condition mirage still works without regearing, you just rely on torment instead. It's more vulnerable to condition removal due to lack of condition variety, but it's hardly a non-functional build.

@OriOri.8724 said:

Some Phantasms can hit for more than 50% of the average player HP with one shot (and then fire again because chrono) while the mesmer is using defensive stats and traits. It's an unbeatable 1v1 monster.

Mirage is broken too, mostly because it's impossible to CC them and they have thief-like mobility with amazing spammable burst and CCs.

Inclined to agree in many ways right now, but you gotta realize... This is the first major overhaul in GW2 for any class and as such it will take time to balance the scales. A major part of the problem in my personal opinion is that we’ve not gotten a major buff to our defensive stats since launch, whereas damage has more than tripled since.We need a defensive stats overhaul to make PvP in any and all its forms, healthy again.

Defensive stats are fine, just tone all classes down instead. Reduce condi and boon application across the board for a start

@Pyroatheist.9031 I would say that rev needs an overhaul on this level. Their energy and legend mechanics are lazy, and need a real rework. I also think that thief would benefit a lot from a fundamental rework of how their initiative system works

Upping everyones health in pvp and wvw is easier.

@zealex.9410 said:

Anet spent years removing stat-based defense from PvP gearing. What on earth makes you think that introducing game-wide passive defense power creep could possibly be anything but a disaster?

@luyamaluzihu.4765 said:

@luyamaluzihu.4765 said:can we still play condi chrono after the change?

In what game mode? PvP/WvW sure the focus isn’t on confusion though.

pve, maybe fractals?

There will be someone that can answer that better than I but I think it’s power Chrono, support Chrono, and condi mirage. But I don’t pve

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

pve, maybe fractals?

There will be someone that can answer that better than I but I think it’s power Chrono, support Chrono, and condi mirage. But I don’t pve

Thanks for sharing. That was my feeling...but I am hoping someone may have other ideas.

@luyamaluzihu.4765 said:

pve, maybe fractals?

Thanks for sharing. That was my feeling...but I am hoping someone may have other ideas.

Condie chrono has never been anything other than trash tier in PvE.

@OriOri.8724 said:

Anet spent years removing stat-based defense from PvP gearing. What on earth makes you think that introducing game-wide passive defense power creep could possibly be anything but a disaster?

Agree on both counts, either or is fine with me. From implementation perspective, it’s much easier to tune up the defensive stat. Don’t forget the psychological aspect of having consumers feel like they’re losing damage or anything for that matter, it’s just a bad business plan. So I’d consider ANet going for the defense overhaul , a more probable course lf action.

@luyamaluzihu.4765 said:

pve, maybe fractals?

I don't do fractals, but I feel like Condi Chrono or even condi base mesmer isn't any good in PvE at the moment. Scepter and Staff are just way too weak condition weapons (well they are too weak pve weapons overall tbh) to carry this build.I'm just a casual so don't take it as a fact, but personally I deal more damage with Scepter in PvE on power builds rather than on condi builds lol. It's still kinda poor damage though.Some time ago, you could get okayish single target condi damage on scepter/pistol condi build due to permanent 3 iDuelists. The playstyle was boring, but it somewhat worked on longer fights. However, after the phantasm changes, the build is no more, and so are base Mesmer\Chrono condi builds imo.

Keep in mind these are just my personal observations, so it might not be 100% true, but that's how I feel about it.

@bart.3687 said:

pve, maybe fractals?

I don't do fractals, but I feel like Condi Chrono or even condi base mesmer isn't any good in PvE at the moment. Scepter and Staff are just way too weak condition weapons (well they are too weak pve weapons overall tbh) to carry this build.I'm just a casual so don't take it as a fact, but personally I deal more damage with Scepter in PvE on power builds rather than on condi builds lol. It's still kinda poor damage though.Some time ago, you could get okayish single target condi damage on scepter/pistol condi build due to permanent 3 iDuelists. The playstyle was boring, but it somewhat worked on longer fights. However, after the phantasm changes, the build is no more, and so are base Mesmer\Chrono condi builds imo.

Keep in mind these are just my personal observations, so it might not be 100% true, but that's how I feel about it.

Doing that was absolutely never a good build with chrono because it was literally ignoring the entire chrono concept/traitline/capabilities. You could do it on base mesmer and it was ok, but every since mirage released the base mesmer build was outdated and substantially worse.

Nothing really changed for me I think.

I run two mesmers, berserker GS/sword/shield Chrono in PvE with wells, and shaman's/settler's/dire staff/axe/torch Mirage in PvE and WvW, and all that really hurt is losing the alaclarity from the wells on the Chrono, and some confusion from the Mirage, but after adjusting both of their builds to remove reliance on those things I haven't felt any real difference in how I play or the outcome of any battle compared to before.

Getting rid of the 'put out three phantasms and never touch another key or risk destroying one with a mere clone' gameplay was good.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

pve, maybe fractals?

Doing that was absolutely never a good build with chrono because it was literally ignoring the entire chrono concept/traitline/capabilities. You could do it on base mesmer and it was ok, but every since mirage released the base mesmer build was outdated and substantially worse.

That's kinda what I thought, that's why I wrote "base Mesmer/Chrono". The person asked for condi Chrono, so I answered that neither condi Chrono nor condi base mesmer are good atm.I wasn't completely sure as I don't do high end pve stuff, so thanks for enlightening me.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

Raising it to balance out the dmg that everyone deals will result in something closer to pre hot pvp and wvw. Removing defenses while upping the dmg wasnt a good way to go about it as we all saw and going to each end every skill and rebalanging its dmg amd boon condi aplication is too much work at this point.

clearly clueless person either live in bronze-silver may be beginning of goldback to topic...pve almost havent changed... boon bot which gives much more frustration when playing... previously never had such feeling...some meme'ing with dps ,seems boringin pvp not really much changed for chrono , still wont be seen(most likely) or missed

@zealex.9410 said:

Raising it to balance out the dmg that everyone deals will result in something closer to pre hot pvp and wvw. Removing defenses while upping the dmg wasnt a good way to go about it as we all saw and going to each end every skill and rebalanging its dmg amd boon condi aplication is too much work at this point.

No it won't, it will just stretch out the time to kill someone marginally. Pre HoT PvP and WvW were different because builds couldn't do everything at once like they can now. If they wanted to be tanky they had to sacrifice damage. If they wanted to be a glass cannon they didn't have huge amounts of passive defenses proccing every second. They didn't have dozens of dodges and evades on builds that can pump out tons of damage very quickly.

Simply giving more defense to already existing builds will take us even farther away from where we were pre HoT, because it is giving even more defense to these glass cannon builds. The only real solution is to reduce how capable builds are. Reduce boon and condi output. Reduce how many things some skills are doing at once. Reduce the duration and/or size of some AoEs. Stop putting in so many skills with 1/4sec casts.

Archived