Crafted exotics soulbind????????

Connla Dda.9407

@abelsgmx.7530 said:

@abelsgmx.7530 said:Why exotic gear is soul bound? Kinda annoying spend gold for craft them again for annother characters

only some is soulbound.

All crafted exotic gear is NOT soulbound on acquire. which is what this comment section is about.

I understand from your wording that English is not your first language, however, every single comment in here tells you the answer. So I have zero idea of what you're trying to ask.

you have to physically do something to make it soulbound.

I tried really hard not to be rude... which means i should stop reading the forums.

You're right, english is not my primary language. I am asking about exotic soul boung gear on use, it can't can be shared with other characters in the same account. I play ESO and gear there is Account Bound it mean that gear can be shared with all your characters in the same account. Can you understand this?

Crafted exotic gear is NOT soulbound. It becomes soulbound on USE. Therefore, of you want to use it on a different character you do NOT equip it on any other character.

@"Kitty La Boom Boom.4065" said:There is a way to craft exotic gear that is account bound, and shareable between characters that use the same armor class:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/IneffableThe highest level gear it can create is level 68, after that, all exotics are soul bound on use. If you want account bound gear for level 80, then you move on to crafting ascended.

Not quite. The guild armor introduced with HoT is also account bound along with the weapons but their selection of stats is a bit more limited.

@"Kitty La Boom Boom.4065" said:There is a way to craft exotic gear that is account bound, and shareable between characters that use the same armor class:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ineffable

I wish I had known about this back when I was new to the game!

It's really a shame ANet does not provide any information about the game basics and that you have to figure everything out by yourself, be it via researching the wiki (or other sources) or - more often - stumbling across the information by accident.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Kitty La Boom Boom.4065" said:There is a way to craft exotic gear that is account bound, and shareable between characters that use the same armor class:

I wish I had known about this back when I was new to the game!

It's really a shame ANet does not provide any information about the game basics and that you have to figure everything out by yourself, be it via researching the wiki (or other sources) or - more often - stumbling across the information by accident.

It’s also expensive, especially when you consider that it’s sub level 80 armor and masterwork does fine at that level. The highest level is level 68 and one level 68 insignia is 4.88 gold.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:It’s also expensive, especially when you consider that it’s sub level 80 armor and masterwork does fine at that level. The highest level is level 68 and one level 68 insignia is 4.88 gold.

Well, I have over a dozen characteres, including the two I deleted earlier this year, so that would have been an investment worth paying for. But I had no clue this existed back when I created and leveled all my characters.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:It’s also expensive, especially when you consider that it’s sub level 80 armor and masterwork does fine at that level. The highest level is level 68 and
is 4.88 gold.

Well, I have over a dozen characteres, including the two I deleted earlier this year, so that would have been an investment worth paying for. But I had no clue this existed back when I created and leveled all my characters.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If it's any consolation, Ineffable Gear wasn't introduced until 2 years after launch.

Plus,

• It only improves things for a few levels at a time
  • The lowest level is 18; the highest is 68
  • Until Istan farm, the prices were much, much greater.
  • Even today, having a full set (6 pieces) for each tier for just one weight costs 120g (just for the insignias) and 48 inventory slots.

A more expensive but arguably more useful option are Bloodbound Weapons. Each costs 250 provisioner tokens (minimum 100 gold of mats, max 250 gold if instantly buying the items needed), compared to roughly 37 gold for a full group of ineffable weapons (for L18-64). For 3-7 times the cost, you get a single 'rare' weapon usable by any character, regardless of level.

There is one "almost efficient" use of ineffable gear: if you do key runs regularly. The L18 gear is suitable for an L20 character and delivers quite a boost, speeding up runs. You can't make the cost back by doing more runs, of course. But faster key runs might mean you burn out less quickly.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:It’s also expensive, especially when you consider that it’s sub level 80 armor and masterwork does fine at that level. The highest level is level 68 and
is 4.88 gold.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If it's any consolation, Ineffable Gear wasn't introduced until 2 years after launch.

Plus,
  • It only improves things for a few levels at a time
  • The lowest level is 18; the highest is 68
  • Until Istan farm, the prices were much, much greater.
  • Even today, having a full set (6 pieces) for each tier for just one weight costs 120g (just for the insignias) and 48 inventory slots.

A more expensive but arguably more useful option are
. Each costs 250 provisioner tokens (minimum 100 gold of mats, max 250 gold if instantly buying the items needed), compared to roughly 37 gold for a full group of ineffable weapons (for L18-64). For 3-7 times the cost, you get a single 'rare' weapon usable by any character, regardless of level.

There is one "almost efficient" use of ineffable gear: if you do key runs regularly. The L18 gear is suitable for an L20 character and delivers quite a boost, speeding up runs. You can't make the cost back by doing more runs, of course. But faster key runs might mean you burn out less quickly.

Cost aside the other problem with the bloodbound weapons is time. Each weapon requires a minimum of 21 days. If you started leveling characters and by the time you are through the timegating for one you will probably have several at lv80 already. The other issue with bloodbound is the lack of upgrade slot.

For the ineffable you can make the lv60 version in which case you can get 2 additional keys and repeat that to make back the cost although. There is also the sigil of nullification that would easily help offset the cost. Even using instant buy price it is only 30g to make a full set of weapons, armor and trinkets.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Kitty La Boom Boom.4065" said:There is a way to craft exotic gear that is account bound, and shareable between characters that use the same armor class:
The highest level gear it can create is level 68, after that, all exotics are soul bound on use. If you want account bound gear for level 80, then you move on to crafting ascended.

Not quite. The guild armor introduced with HoT is also account bound along with the weapons but their selection of stats is a bit more limited.

Forgot the Halloween Haunted set and Wintersday Wrapped set is also account bound. Same with the Machined set from HoT.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Cost aside the other problem with the bloodbound weapons is time. Each weapon requires a minimum of 21 days. If you started leveling characters and by the time you are through the timegating for one you will probably have several at lv80 already. The other issue with bloodbound is the lack of upgrade slot.Sure. You'd invest the 21 days (or more) for future characters. This is the sort of thing that won't interest people who insta-level to 80 via tomes or already have tons of L80s; it's for people for whom a primary "end game" is leveling up new toons.

Archived