[OFFICIAL] Updated PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

shadowpass.4236

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

Ranger

Skills

• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only• Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only• Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

Traits

• Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only• Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only• Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

Thoughts?

I am assuming that all other traits not listed in these updated notes are also still in effect? So these:

Ranger

Skills

• Signet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvW
  • Ricochet: Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.8 (+14%) in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Winter's Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5 (+20%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Splitblade: Increased the power coefficient per axe from 0.3 to 0.4 (+33%) in PvP and WvW
  • Instinctive Engage: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 1 (+67%) in PvP and WvW
  • Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Shared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only
  • Ambidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW
  • Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

Overall, I am okay with these changes, considering the scope of this patch and the changes to other classes. The 20 second cooldown on CA does make it sound unfun to play, though. Also, not really sure why they touched mightstacking on core ranger. I am assuming the issue they had was the NM Soulbeast with Fresh Reinforcement due to the easy access to 25 might w/ warhorn, but the core stuff didn't need to be touched in my opinion.

I do hope they re-evaluate some of the passive traits like Shared Anguish just to make them a little more appealing since the CD is even more punishing now. I wouldn't mind if all of those types of traits (for all classes) were completely rehauled for something more interesting and engaging.

Also, just to clarify because the notes didn't specify, Ben did state that it is still the healing coefficient that is being nerfed on Rugged Growth, not the base healing.

Yeah, I understand the sustain changes, but I'm not understanding the might changes.

I mean, I already see Chrono and Mirage dueling builds capable of performing the same sidenode role Druid does, but with much more damage and many more game changing abilities (Portal alone breaks PvP).

I'm genuinely happy with the way the game is moving overall tone wise with the entirety of the balance changes, I think I'm just unhappy that Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast won't be an optimal choice anymore, and I'm also sort of sick of playing something else being the more optimal choice than playing damage on Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast.

It's already sort of the same now, but ultimately I see the lineup going Firebrand>Scourge>Mirage/Chrono>Thief>Holo>Spellbreaker>Druid.

Thief is probably arguable with the other 2 but that's not really the point of the list as much as where Druid is going to end up, which is "7th most viable pick" with Ranger and Soulbeast even lower on the list.

I barely PvP'd for once this season; and I'm just not feeling any excitement about the idea of moving into another season with this list of changes.

Nerfs across the board is fine. If they nerf mightstacking on Ranger (which requires quite some stuff to give up), they definately should nerf mightstacking on other classes as well. The dmg nerf on Solar beam I disagree with. The weapon already has very low dmg potential. They should give something in return (for example improve staff #2 or #4).

I still think that them making CA a 20s CD is just going to make Druid feel worse to play overall without really changing all that much overall. And as Jcbroe said, idk why ranger might stacking is getting the axe when there’s other profs that might stack far better than we do and bring more damage while doing so.

Changing the cool down of Celestial Avatar is not the right choice... It Nerfs druids ability to escape, and it's sustain, but it also guts its capabilities to support.Celestial shadow and druid clarity are the problem.

1. SOLUTION.Keep the cool down of CA as it is right now.Druid Clarity: remove all non-damaging conditions when you enter CA. Every CA skill used while in celestial avatar removes one damaging condition. (in addition to CA#
  2. Celestial Shadow: put down a smoke field upon leaving Celestial Avatar. Gain Clarion Bond upon exiting CA.

This would require the druid to play a bit more around CA, encouraging to actually use its skills, instead of a no-brainer enter-exit use. Also druids would have to manage their pets a bit better to make use of the smoke field...

1. SOLUTIONDo it similar to soulbeast when entering beast mode, or holomith when photon forging. After entering CA, you can't leave it for 7 seconds.Why 7 you ask? Anything less can be easily outplayed by CA #3, CA #4 and maybe CA #5, that wouldnt change a thing.Changing it to not being able to leave for 7 seconds, means the druid has to actually commit to using CA, instead of using it as an easy emergency button...

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Actually I just realized that the only "updates" Anet made to the ranger changes was to make them PvP only. I'm actually completely surprised by the fact that all of our suggestions had been ignored and they actually didn't change a single thing... Is this a joke?

Maybe they are not ready yet. Atleast thats what i am hoping for. Or they just didnt communicated it. Atleast my suggestion threads had some therapeutic use.

i wonder if we might be able to string together a power trap ranger using HS as the main condi cleanse......LOL nah!

I barely played any pvp this season as well, now that i know we're not going to get destroyed in WvW i'll spend my time there.

GS frontline druid may work for zerging. not too sure at the moment if i'll run anything besides marauder power ranger for roaming.

The problem with "Support Druid" in WvW isn't ever going to be fixed be any amount of buffs or nerfs to Druid, because the lack of it being optimal has nothing to do with Druid.

Before PoF, Druid was even considered viable in group play; interchangeable with Tempest.

Since PoF, neither is considered viable, because of the massive amount of utility that is compressed into Firebrand. Firebrand can simultaneously sustain, boon support, condi cleanse, AoE cleave, and AoE CC.

Guardian was ALREADY a WvW staple before PoF because of its completely uncontested boon support on top of condi cleanse, AoE cleave, and AoE CC already, and PoF gave it the capability of doing all of the things it already did even better AND gave it enough healing that it could compete with Tempest and Druid.

Without introducing massive power creep by giving Druid the ability to AoE stability and boon support, AoE low cooldown cleansing, AoE CC and Cleave, all the while retaining its healing output, Druid and every other class just can't compete with Firebrand.

That's part of the reason that the state of the game is considered by most horrendous right now. In any given gamemode (PvE/PvP/WvW) there is only 4-5 optimal classes/builds to play at any given time, and because of power creep those builds are so vastly more powerful than the next best thing that you're objectively better off just playing one of those 4-5 classes/builds. And with the way the patch is shaping up, the only place Druid will have a competing chance is PvE, because in PvP you should be running Firebrand/Scourge/Spellbreaker/Mirage/Holo and in WvW you should be running Firebrand/Scourge/Spellbreaker/Herald unless you're roaming, in which case, who cares, you're insignificant (not an insult, the gamemode is just designed that way).

So yeah, don't waste your time. Just accept the "fun" year ahead of us as ANet continues to push those 4-5 classes to the top while the rest of us stay locked in at the bottom.

Archived