Mailing gold

So after reading that the amount of coin you can mail between paid accounts is tiered, what exactly is this time frame & amount at each time? My boyfriend and I bought the game on the 2nd of this month and we can't even mail 1 gold to each other yet. ONE GOLD! This is just ridiculous.

For new accounts it takes a few days until they are able to send gold or really influence the economy in any way. This is to figure out goldsellers before they can cause any damage. As far as I know the time until these restrictions are lifted is not fixed but rather depends on your play-style. As soon as ANet's algorythm says you're not a goldseller (usually takes about 3 days) the game opens up. Afterwards the limit of gold you can receive via mail each week is 500 gold. There is no limit on the amount you can send.

@gaymer.1648 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Why do you need to mail gold in the first place just buy the thing of the tp and mail the item?

Salvage kits and various things like waypoints.

new account needs money for those things.. why as soon as you step onto new map and kill a few mobs you have enough copper to buy your salvage kit.... except you cant even use tools until a few lvls up so something is not adding up with this thread imo.Plus if your mailing to your own toons.. why cos coin is account wide. Mailing gold to others.. now things might start to unravel I think.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Why do you need to mail gold in the first place just buy the thing of the tp and mail the item?

Salvage kits and various things like waypoints.

new account needs money for those things.. why as soon as you step onto new map and kill a few mobs you have enough copper to buy your salvage kit.... except you cant even use tools until a few lvls up so something is not adding up with this thread imo.Plus if your mailing to your own toons.. why cos coin is account wide. Mailing gold to others.. now things might start to unravel I think.

We bought the expansions back on the 2nd of this month and although I've been leveling up other characters, I did use my boost on 2 characters. I've bought gems & converted some to gold on both my account and my boyfriend's account so we could have some gold. I've bought crafting materials for me to craft gear for both of us so MY account is kinda drained on coin at the moment while he has like 75g on him. Because I do all the crafting, I'm the one that needs the salvage kits to salvage the items I make that aren't needed. If salvage kits weren't account bound, I'd just buy them on his account & mail them to me. I'm not trying to mail my own characters gold because I know gold is shared between all characters on your account. As far as the waypoints go, at 80 it costs like 2s per waypoint travel and when you've got less than 50s on you, you can't travel that often.

You should park any Boosted characters, and level up one (or more) naturally. Except for crafting Ascended, perhaps, in the future, I would not bother crafting gear, you will just replace it with drops, or the aforementioned Ascended (unless you are leveling your crafting discipline, of course). This game certainly isn't a race to L80. The leveling process is some of the best of the game. It all works out: Gold, materials, gear, knowledge; if you just take your time leveling a few characters.

Good luck.

See the ranger I boosted I had played naturally to 45 and understood the class fairly well. Since then I've ran various hearts with my boyfriend on that ranger or other characters and I've been catching up on my personal story before I venture off into the Season 1 recap & then 2, 3, etc.

@"gaymer.1648" said:So after reading that the amount of coin you can mail between paid accounts is tiered, what exactly is this time frame & amount at each time? My boyfriend and I bought the game on the 2nd of this month and we can't even mail 1 gold to each other yet. ONE GOLD! This is just ridiculous.

Here you can find info about mailbox

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230430967-Wealth-Transfer-Restrictions-Mail-Guild-Bank-

It was done to prevent goldselling, but they forget that there's no limit to items which are worth way more than the gold limit per week ( 500g ), so yeah it's definitely useless ( I don't know why they didn't think about this possibility during GW2 development ).

To make an example

And also let's not forget about almost unique items used for goldselling through TP, which ANET still don't remove from the game because... I don't really know what to think about ( maybe they prefer to monitorate them in order to see who purchases them and then ban those accounts? ).

sQVaPFI.jpg

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"gaymer.1648" said:So after reading that the amount of coin you can mail between paid accounts is tiered, what exactly is this time frame & amount at each time? My boyfriend and I bought the game on the 2nd of this month and we can't even mail 1 gold to each other yet. ONE GOLD! This is just ridiculous.

Here you can find info about mailbox

-

It was done to prevent goldselling, but they forget that there's no limit to items which are worth way more than the gold limit per week ( 500g ), so yeah it's definitely useless ( I don't know why they didn't think about this possibility during GW2 development ).

To make an example

And also let's not forget about almost unique items used for goldselling through TP, which ANET still don't remove from the game because... I don't really know what to think about ( maybe they prefer to monitorate them in order to see who purchases them and then ban those accounts? ).

sQVaPFI.jpg

See that's just the thing. On my boyfriend's account, he couldn't mail me more than 1g at a time after our account was fully unlocked after purchasing it (still can't send more than 1g at a time either). Nobody else has sent me gold & I haven't sent anyone gold either so I'm well under the 500g limit for the week. THAT is what I don't understand.

On new accounts there's a gold cap for sending and receiving even taking from the guild bank. I bought a new account with the recent HoT sales only to find for a long time afterwards I wasn't able to get the full gold cap from my guild bank. It's something like 5g when the first cap is unlocked, 20g at the second unlock, and more from there. But slowly.

Archived