OP and UP classes top 10

@Legatus.3608 said:Sorry but I can't take you seriously when you complain about deaths judgement and mobility of deadeye at the same time

On the one hand, you have an ability that is probably the largest tell in all of gw2, it basically screams at you to dodge and gives you plenty of time to do so. Like if you get hit by this you deserve to get hit for 40k

Then you have probably the most immobile build in gw2 literally it roots you to the ground if you want to use dj

Let's um... idk... let's just be real about this honestly.

I could probably comment on other stuff, some of it was true and some just bleh

Sorry, but i can't take you seriously when you think in team fights everyone is saving up dodges and facetank everything just in case deadeye will focus them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:List of OP (overpowered) classes from the strongest to the weakest according to me:1) Druid - in the hands of very good player druid is unkillable. It can 1v3 all day on the point, it heals for tons, deals moderate damage and have incredible mobility.2) Soulbeast - similar to druid, but less healing and more damage. Still require a very good player to shine.3) Power mesmer - only class who can down in literally a second, from stealth, without you even knowing which mesmer and which one is clone. Faceroll class.4) Spellbreaker - you hit him = you lose. Can't be more toxic for pvp than that.5) Power holosmith - can crit for 10k in one normal hit, can stun for days, extreme mobility, lots of healing.6) Power deadeye - only class who can one-hit you from 1200 range, and repeat it on every single player who comes into its sight.7) Power weaver - can deal 30k damage in 2 seconds, but it is more like one trick pony.8) Condition scourge - lots of aoe damage and lots of barriers, but can't do anything when focused.9) Condition mesmer - lots of condition damage, stealth for days, impossible to kill without lots of help from teammates.10) Power guardian - high burst and high self-healing.

List of UP (underpowered) classes from the the weakest to the strongest according to me:1) Minionmancer necromancer - minions die in a single aoe, minions deal nearly no damage, minion skill are pretty much useless, minions have too long cooldowns.2) Condition herald - low damage, low healing, low everything.3) Condition engineer - low damage, good healing.4) Power non-weaver elementalist - average at everything.5) Reaper - was created to be slow, strong and hard to kill. But turned out as slow, weak and easy to kill.6) Condition berserker - you can either have good damage, good self-healing or good mobility. You can have only one.7) Condition thief - good mobility, but average at everything else.8) Renegate - quite good during team fights, but very bad at 1v1 fights.9) Scrapper - good at pretty much everything, but not great.10) Condition ranger - if you want to be good at anything, then you are forced to take druid or soulbeast.

Hmm...ok :-)

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@Legatus.3608 said:Sorry but I can't take you seriously when you complain about deaths judgement and mobility of deadeye at the same time

On the one hand, you have an ability that is probably the largest tell in all of gw2, it basically screams at you to dodge and gives you plenty of time to do so. Like if you get hit by this you deserve to get hit for 40k

Then you have probably the most immobile build in gw2 literally it roots you to the ground if you want to use dj

Sorry, but i can't take you seriously when you think in team fights everyone is saving up dodges and facetank everything just in case deadeye will focus them.

You're fighting a team with a one man advantage until the deadeye does something and you can't save a dodge? Can't LOS or block or reflect or interrupt?

Bottom line there is not really an excuse for being hit by a deaths judgement. I can't think of any attack in gw2 with a larger telegraph than deaths judgement.

@Legatus.3608 said:

You're fighting a team with a one man advantage until the deadeye does something and you can't save a dodge? Can't LOS or block or reflect or interrupt?

Bottom line there is not really an excuse for being hit by a deaths judgement. I can't think of any attack in gw2 with a larger telegraph than deaths judgement.

What advantage? Deadeye is up there somewhere shooting at people, he is in the fight. And how many dodges do you have? Can you dodge 4 massive hits one after another while still fighting someone else? And yeah, fighting at the point you clearly can LOS, block and interrupt for whole fight and deadeye can never just switch the target.Bottom line there is no excuse for ability like Death Judgement. And i can think of loads of attacks with larger telegraph: Dragon's Tooth, Full Counter, Grasping Darkness, Deflecting Shot, Prime Light Beam, Mirror Blade, Phase Smash, etc. And have you noticed that nearly none of them can be used from stealth to deal 16k damage from 1200 unit range??

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

What advantage? Deadeye is up there somewhere shooting at people, he is in the fight. And how many dodges do you have? Can you dodge 4 massive hits one after another while still fighting someone else? And yeah, fighting at the point you clearly can LOS, block and interrupt for whole fight and deadeye can never just switch the target.Bottom line there is no excuse for ability like Death Judgement. And i can think of loads of attacks with larger telegraph: Dragon's Tooth, Full Counter, Grasping Darkness, Deflecting Shot, Prime Light Beam, Mirror Blade, Phase Smash, etc. And have you noticed that nearly none of them can be used from stealth to deal 16k damage from 1200 unit range??

Did you notice that none of those require marking your target first? And they don't require you to sit down before firing? Lol

If you're trying to tell me those attacks are more telegraphed than having a giant fucking Mark twirl around your character and then a red line going from the shooter to you then I don't think we will ever agree on this

@Legatus.3608 said:

Did you notice that none of those require marking your target first? Lol

To play devils advocate, with the over the top effects we have currently in a 3v3 at mid it’s easy to miss the visuals.

Do I believe deaths judgement is healthy? By no means. It’s just another class standing off point pew pew’ing. It needs the coefficient turned down because there’s no risk for the reward.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

To play devils advocate, with the over the top effects we have currently in a 3v3 at mid it’s easy to miss the visuals.

Do I believe deaths judgement is healthy? By no means. It’s just another class standing off point pew pew’ing. It needs the coefficient turned down because there’s no risk for the reward.

The risk is that you lose the game because you're playing a terrible build tbh

To answer your question no I don't think it's healthy when a spec becomes overly effective against noobs. However there are bigger offenders in this regard and as far as noobstomping goes this one is absurdly easy to spot and learn compared to say, mesmer, where even after you learn it you still have trouble fighting it.

@Legatus.3608 said:

That depends. If you’re oneshotting people at mid consistently(you will because they aren’t expecting 1200 range one shot same with Gs shatter) your team is going to, or should, win all fights. If on the off chance you aren’t filling that role... you should play a different class.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

That depends. If you’re oneshotting people at mid consistently(you will because they aren’t expecting 1200 range one shot same with Gs shatter) your team is going to, or should, win all fights. If on the off chance you aren’t filling that role... you should play a different class.

Anecdotally speaking... whenever I have a rifle deadeye on my team, I lose. Whenever there is one on the other team, I win. Almost invariably. Plus, I HATE when the opposing team's thief is better than my thief. Man do I hate that (which, again, is almost always the case when I have a rifle DE and they've got an s/d thief who knows his role)...

@"Lilyanna.9361" said:Okay, now we ALL know this has to be silver...

He said Soulbeast is the second most OP thing

oMEGALUL

Mesmer and S/D thief would like to have a word with Soulbeast.

Southeast is good and very top 100 viable. It's better than rev as a class imo after seeing somebody use it that actually knows how to play it.

All the POF specs are good in the right hands except renegade which for some reason was a massive downgrade overall to rev and only boosted the damage of the non threatening condi spec.

Honestly I can't even say how good soulbeast is because I've seen less than a handful of people playing it "properly" though it was more than enough to show that most people that play ranger are somewhat clueless...

I think tempest is UP.. and would like to see them strength it more on the offensive side. And although spellbreaker does seem to be pretty good, on the tempest side of things, they suffer from issues the ele core suffers from also and struggles outside of playing support.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Okay, now we ALL know this has to be silver...

He said Soulbeast is the second most OP thing

oMEGALUL

Mesmer and S/D thief would like to have a word with Soulbeast.

If only soulbeast you meet are from silver and can't play their class, then i get why you think that they are bad. Even with ridiculous burst mesmer can compare against professional soulbeast.

Responding to your list:

1) Druid - Druid is the most problematic thing in GW2's PvP right now. It's not unkillable though. If you have two good damage players you can kill them. But it's just not worth it time wise most of the time. When you see a druid show up to a point you're trying to cap, the right play is almost always to just give it to them and go somewhere else. I don't really know what I want done about druid because I like the roll it's playing right now. I like the idea of a great druid holding two other less skilled or damage orientated players at bay. I like that Druid and spellbreakers spread the game to across all three points by default. It just has too many ways to reset the fight and break away. Stone signet lasts far too long. A class this tanky shouldn't be able to stealth away from any engagement that goes wrong.2) Soulbeast - I've never had any problem with Soulbeast at all. They're super glassy and free kills especially if you have the terrain to LOS them.3) Power mesmer - Power Mesmer is the perfect skirmisher class and no class should be perfect. They have top tier burst capability, access to stealth, and amazing mobility and portal is one of a kind. I disagree with calling them a face-roll class as the best plays requires portal and that has to be used strategically. The boon spam Mirages and Chronos are far more unhealthy to the game than Power Shatter Mirages though. I just think anything that passively gets 25 might and randomly spams out as much aegis and stability is just extremely unhealthy for the game, and that's not even talking about the sheer ridiculous number of phantasms they spit out.4) Spellbreaker - They are definitely strong. I hate the Defy Pain trait and would like to see it removed in general. Full Counter has an obvious tell, and even if you do trigger it the windup for the counter attack gives plenty of room for evading it. There are some things I would like changed but overall I wouldn't call them terribly overpowered.5) Power holosmith - Holosmith is strong but I'm fine with it. All of it's attacks have very clear wind up and tells. I think it's the perfect elite spec. Just compare all the instant cast stuff that Mirage and Scourge have compared to all of Holosmith's skills. I do hate the fact that it's completely subplanted Scrapper. Scrapper is a tanky, bruiser / support hybrid. If it isn't top tier in PvP then it has zero place in the game as a spec. Imagine Spellbreaker before the recent buffs to power damage. There was zero reason to use it outside of PvP and Scrapper doesn't even have that anymore from what I can see.6) Power deadeye - I had one game last season where a rifle deadeye rushed me on the point and managed to permastealth himself until he could ohko me while being unable to predict when or where he is. But other than that I just didn't see that many of them and the ones I did see ended up dead pretty quickly. Pistol Pistol deadeyes are a nonserious jokey meme build.7) Power weaver - Power Weaver is basically a mediocre Power Mirage. They don't have stealth. They're no where near as mobile. They don't have portal. I actually really like that some people are playing them because I feel like the default role for Elementalist should be huge crit damage.8) Condition scourge - Scourges have never been anywhere near as overpowered as the player base thinks. They do need to have all of their shade abilities get very clear, easy to read, anticipation frames so that players can more easily deal with them. I don't know how I feel about the blood variants that and pickup teammates extremely quickly. Also at this point Firebrand support is the bigger part of the problem with scourges than the scourges themselves and you didn't even mention them. I'd call them overpowered before I called Spellbreaker and Holo overpowered.
9) Condition mesmer - I only saw one or two condition mesmers post patch and they weren't really all that scary anymore. Boonspam Mirage and Chrono is far, far worse.

Regarding underpowered, I think Elementalist as a whole needs to be stronger. I want them to be a fantastic damage carry like a crit based Scourge with less survivability and more mobility. I also really want to see Greatsword Reapers running all over the place. Revenants are in an absolutely disastrous place and need major serious buffs and reworks every class should have at least one great PvP spec and Revenants and Elementalists don't really have one. Scrapper should also be a top tier PvP spec because it has nothing else it can provide in this game. Condition thieves are doing okay. Regarding thieves as a whole I think that core thief being meta over a daredevil variant of the build is extremely problematic. The other builds you mentioned I just kind of think "Who cares?" Like aside from Minion Masters from a thematic aspect, I don't see why I should care about these builds in particular when the classes already have other fantastic PvP specs.

@pah.4931 said:

Anecdotally speaking... whenever I have a rifle deadeye on my team, I lose. Whenever there is one on the other team, I win. Almost invariably. Plus, I HATE when the opposing team's thief is better than my thief. Man do I hate that (which, again, is almost always the case when I have a rifle DE and they've got an s/d thief who knows his role)...

I believe role is not defined by class but their build, a good rifle DE can support you in a team fight while burst down an important target.The difference between S/D thief and rifle DE is that a bad S/D can still do something while bad rifle DE will just sit there being useless.

Then again, most of people who plays rifle DE is bad.

Archived