Why isnt KDR a bigger part of the war score in wvw?

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:LOL. No, I'm not on Maguuma. You are ignoring what people are telling you. Mag does the same thing in T1 and nobody there wants to deal with it either. Your "solution" of rewarding that with higher warscore would encourage more servers to play like that.

You say that but BG always takes Mag's precious SM lol.

Good job necro'ing a thread from a month ago to try to obfuscate a discussion.

• Mag with T1 coverage would T3 BG's EBG keep and spawn-camp BG there, prompting some BG players to post qq threads on this forum about it.
  • BG took refuge from Mag by playing in EOTM to the point where BG dropped to T2; no BG didn't "always" take SMC.
  • Mag still focuses on playing primarily in EBG even after losing their T1 coverage which prompted the OP to create this thread.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Chaba.5410" said:

• Mag still focuses on playing primarily in EBG even after losing their T1 coverage which prompted the OP to create this thread.

to explain this^Mag plays in EBG because they don't have pugmanders and they only have NA guilds. All those guilds run private raids and most of them only raid twice a week. The pugs have no one to follow so they sit in EBG afk waiting for something to happen hence the all day 20 man ebg queue.

people will call this "tanking" or w.e but the truth is outside of the occasional someone who decides they want to tag up there is really no one leading the rest of the server to do anything except sit in ebg.

And for those that say mag just wants easier fights; Mag has had the same consistent high KDR from T1-T4. Mag is the only server to match/some times surpasssing BG's KDR in Tier 1 and higher than any other server thats been in T1 probably in the last year. T1 isnt hard fights...

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:LOL. No, I'm not on Maguuma. You are ignoring what people are telling you. Mag does the same thing in T1 and nobody there wants to deal with it either. Your "solution" of rewarding that with higher warscore would encourage more servers to play like that.

• Mag with T1 coverage would T3 BG's EBG keep and spawn-camp BG there, prompting some BG players to post qq threads on this forum about it.
  • BG took refuge from Mag by playing in EOTM to the point where BG dropped to T2; no BG didn't "always" take SMC.

They left MAG because MAG is trash. BG has always been top except for JQ/TC double team. MAG K/D was trash too lol. We just kept taking Mag's SM T1 or T3. They only get t3 during Ghost time. They stand no chance primetime.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:LOL. No, I'm not on Maguuma. You are ignoring what people are telling you. Mag does the same thing in T1 and nobody there wants to deal with it either. Your "solution" of rewarding that with higher warscore would encourage more servers to play like that.

If MAG is so good then tell them to come T1 again so that we can farm them again. Mag was so afraid of going back to T1 that they kept tanking. It's sad. Come to T1 for Fights. Fighting against low pop servers and they think that they are good. If Mag likes fighting so much then stop tanking and come to T1. We're bored for being the top server for the past 6 years.

They left MAG because MAG is trash. BG has always been top except for JQ/TC double team. MAG K/D was trash too lol. We just kept taking Mag's SM T1 or T3. They only get t3 during Ghost time. They stand no chance primetime.

I like how BG forgets about the days of SoR or JQ being on top. Memory is short or just choose to remember the post stack/bandwagon days.

@Dralor.3701 said:

I like how BG forgets about the days of SoR or JQ being on top. Memory is short or just choose to remember the post stack/bandwagon days.

I remember when SoR was on top but JQ was never on top. They and TC double teamed BG during Leagues. Who said that we don't admit? SoR was only good for the first couple of months when people were getting use to the game. Once everything was figured out SoR became hot trash because their Zergs couldn't carry them anymore.

the last time mag was in T1 they had a higher KD than BG but ok.. damn that trash k/dweek of 2/16/2018 — 2/23/2018Mag: 1.316BG: 1.171SoS: 0.661

@Dralor.3701 said:

JQ being top lol. They got destroyed in Leagues were only topping in the regular season because nobody cared. Once League happened they kept losing and called for TC to help. Learn your history mate. Your account probably wasn't even made during Leagues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/240px2/the_temporary_great_truce_between_jade_quarry_and/ Here is the link and proof. Look at the images, they were together in a blob not fighting each other. They even admitted on this post that BG was far superior and it required both servers to team up. Speak with facts mate. I knew that SoR was top for the first couple of months because we grinded through that and took them down. BG has been strong all of these years because we don't leave our server just because we lost. We come back stronger. KnT left because they wanted to become stronger for WvW when servers go away so don't scrutinize them. You're a late bloomer who doesn't know anything. JQ being top server lmao. That has never happened. They were worst than Mag and Mag was only good for like 1 month.

If MAG is so good then tell them to come T1 again so that we can farm them again. Mag was so afraid of going back to T1 that they kept tanking. It's sad. Come to T1 for Fights. Fighting against low pop servers and they think that they are good. If Mag likes fighting so much then stop tanking and come to T1. We're bored for being the top server for the past 6 years.

what farm? we had a higher k/d than BG last time we were in T1. mag's best guild didnt even raid

@MadBomber.3719 said:

what farm? we had a higher k/d than BG last time we were in T1. mag's best guild didnt even raid

Your 1.3 K.D is higher than our 1.8 last time we faced each other? lmao what a joke. Man i'm trying to find out last match during March just to prove you wrong. You're lucky that they don't show K.D. history.

Your 1.3 K.D is higher than our 1.8 last time we faced each other? lmao what a joke.

You had a 1.171 learn to read

JQ being top lol. They got destroyed in Leagues were only topping in the regular season because nobody cared. Once League happened they kept losing and called for TC to help. Learn your history mate. Your account probably wasn't even made during Leagues.

Here is the link and proof. Look at the images, they were together in a blob not fighting each other. They even admitted on this post that BG was far superior and it required both servers to team up.

I was on SoR until it exploded and was working for Anet at the time. I assure you I was very much aware of the goings on in the game. :/

If zds hadn’t carried the server BG wouldn’t be anything today because you wouldn’t have gotten all the transfers.

As the OP would suggest I think the way you and other servers measure success varies quite drastically. Most of us want large scale PVP and don’t pay attention to ppt.

There are also plenty of good players on different servers. I would bet many of the small havoc/fight groups in the lower tiers would stomp the blobbers in T1 given equal numbers. The game has been so uncompetitive at the top for so long I’d be surprised if you even know how to fight against a skilled group.

Your 1.3 K.D is higher than our 1.8 last time we faced each other? lmao what a joke. Man i'm trying to find out last match during March just to prove you wrong. You're lucky that they don't show K.D. history.

we never matched up in marchTier 2 Match 2/23/2018Tier 3 Match 3/2/2018Tier 2 Match 3/16/2018Tier 2 Match 3/30/2018

keep trying to make up shit

@MadBomber.3719 said:

@"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

we never matched up in marchTier 2 Match 2/23/2018Tier 3 Match 3/2/2018Tier 2 Match 3/16/2018Tier 2 Match 3/30/2018

keep trying to make up kitten

http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups/history/1437

Stop embarrassing yourself please. Now that we know that you're lying because you didn't even know that MAG was in T1 during March.

Stop embarrassing yourself please. Now that we know that you're lying because you didn't even know that MAG was in T1 during March.

ok i stand corrected i guess the site im using skipped that week /shrug

https://wvwstats.com/history/1005/1

@Dralor.3701 said:

Here is the link and proof. Look at the images, they were together in a blob not fighting each other. They even admitted on this post that BG was far superior and it required both servers to team up.

I was on SoR until it exploded and was working for Anet at the time. I assure you I was very much aware of the goings on in the game. :/

If zds hadn’t carried the server BG wouldn’t be anything today because you wouldn’t have gotten all the transfers.

As the OP would suggest I think the way you and other servers measure success varies quite drastically. Most of us want large scale PVP and don’t pay attention to ppt.

There are also plenty of good players on different servers. I would bet many of the small havoc/fight groups in the lower tiers would stomp the blobbers in T1 given equal numbers. The game has been so uncompetitive at the top for so long I’d be surprised if you even know how to fight against a skilled group.

I know that there are plenty of good players in other servers, but we weren't even talking about that. We're talking about WvW and which server was the best during what year. You said that JQ was the best during a certain time period. If they were the best then why couldn't they beat BG 1v1? I don't know how you stumble upon talking about individual skill. We're talking about WvW, not 1v1, 5v5 or PvP.

@MadBomber.3719 said:

ok i stand corrected i guess the site im using skips weeks /shrug

ok i stand corrected i guess the site im using skips weeks /shrug

You're using a site that doesn't even use correct stats please. Go check the official GW2 leaderboards. You don't stand correct. You're just in denial. Look at the server ratings. They're all wrong on that site alongside the history of scores.

I know that there are plenty of good players in other servers, but we weren't even talking about that. We're talking about WvW and which server was the best during what year. You said that JQ was the best during a certain time period. If they were the best than why couldn't they beat BG 1v1? I don't know how you stumble upon talking about individual skill. We're talking about WvW, not 1v1, 5v5 or PvP.

Okay let me clear that up. JQ had some better guilds than BG back then, SOR was best IMO but JQ gave us better fights. :)

You're using a site that doesn't even use correct stats please. Go check the official GW2 leaderboards. You don't stand correct. You're just in denial. Look at the server ratings. They're all wrong on that site alongside the history of scores.

i said i stand corrected which means you were right that we matched up in march. what does the leaderboards tell me? BG #1 i knew that already. congrats on having more people than any other NA server. no one is denying BG is #1.

and that site isnt wrong the ratings are the exact same as gw2stats.com. it just happened to skip that week idk why.

Mag has some regular pugmanders, Molassas, Jak, Riddle, Destro(he ragequit pugmanding), Choi(ragequit over the weekend), Bilbo on open raids, sometimes Packit and Snoop, then there's a couple others trying with Cook. The bag farming guilds, what's left of them, only raid a couple nights depending on the match they may not raid at all, and only tag up when they want some extra pugs to handle map blobs that may occur but typically doesn't last long.There's barely anyone that will ppt, CTH Cook SFD maybe.

Most times players will stick to ebg because

1. They don't have a commander to follow most times on bl's, and most enemy groups on there during the day are just map hopping ppting flipping stuff, the bag farm guilds on all servers don't log on till NA prime. You go there for roaming or small group havoc. Most times you will only get multiple commanders running during prime time.
  2. Fights die pretty fast on borderlands especially when opposing forces are more interested in ppt and map hopping. So to get consistent fights you have to be in ebg, just last night we had like an hour+ of defending db's keep from both db and cd, it was constant back and forth between the east and west open walls, same thing that goes on with smc usually, that's the fights a lot of us look for.
  3. Barely anyone wants to go defend a keep then have to wait in line for ebg again all the while putzing around ppting dead bls. People will move if the enemies are there for a while and a commander calls out for a legit rally. Know how many times I've went to defend on homebl only to get one fight and then enemy runs off to ppt some other bl, only so much chasing gonna bother with. If you want to fight we can fight, if you want to map hop ppting empty towers, then... bye.
  4. When we're red, barely anyone wants to play on desert, cept for like CTH, and the bag farmers when they're desperate for a fight.
  5. People queue up EBG constantly because if nothing else there's usually a cloud fight happening somewhere around smc.

So the only point to your posting is to make off-topic brag talk out of a discussion about why kills aren't a bigger part of the score? Good to know....

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:If MAG is so good then tell them to come T1 again so that we can farm them again.Calls out a t3-4 sized ppk server with no link, to come fight the overstacked t1 server...

Mag was so afraid of going back to T1 that they kept tanking. It's sad. Come to T1 for Fights.Mag was so bored of going back to T1 they kept tanking. Mission completed btw.

Fighting against low pop servers and they think that they are good.Apparently doesn't know their server has the biggest population of all, is always fighting lower pop server than themselves, think that they are good.

If Mag likes fighting so much then stop tanking and come to T1.Still thinks Mag is actively tanking for more than a year. Maybe BG should send a PPT assistance guild over to help bring them back to T1.

We're bored for being the top server for the past 6 years.Gee I wonder who's fault is that.

Archived