Has anyone an idea how the forum Rankings Work?

The time requirement for 4 stars is definitely 6 months, because they started appearing exactly 6 months after the forum opened. The post count is less clear but I think it's around 500 posts.

As far as I can tell there's no connection between forum rank and number of badges/points and therefore number of thumbs up and helpfuls. Other than as you post more you'll gradually gain more reactions so there's probably some rough correlation - the people with the most reactions are likely to also have the most posts.

I hit veteran today (3 stars). I’ve been on the forums since day one, so I must have long since met the timing requirement. I posted a comment (my 65th), but it wasn’t until someone responded to it that I went up to veteran, so it looks like it was reaching 42 helpfuls or 35 thumbs up that did it (my comment got one of each so can’t tell which).

@"Stitch.1794" said:I hit veteran today (3 stars). I’ve been on the forums since day one, so I must have long since met the timing requirement. I posted a comment (my 65th), but it wasn’t until someone responded to it that I went up to veteran, so it looks like it was reaching 42 helpfuls or 35 thumbs up that did it (my comment got one of each so can’t tell which).

All of those marks are odd ones to trigger 3-star (Veteran) off of... 42 or 35 or 77 (42+35) or 65th post or reply to 65th post. Did you recently earn the "Photogenic" badge, or did you add an avatar photo a long time ago?

With respect to 4-star (Elite), it looks like it's a 500 post count that does it along with account age. @InsaneQR.7412 has >500 posts but a very similar total for Helpfuls and Thumbs Up (if they're additive) to myself.

@crashburntoo.7431 said:

@"Stitch.1794" said:I hit veteran today (3 stars). I’ve been on the forums since day one, so I must have long since met the timing requirement. I posted a comment (my 65th), but it wasn’t until someone responded to it that I went up to veteran, so it looks like it was reaching 42 helpfuls or 35 thumbs up that did it (my comment got one of each so can’t tell which).

All of those marks are odd ones to trigger 3-star (Veteran) off of... 42 or 35 or 77 (42+35) or 65th post or reply to 65th post. Did you recently earn the "Photogenic" badge, or did you add an avatar photo a long time ago?

I set a picture back on day one. The only change is 1 post, 1 helpful, and 1 thumbs up.

Archived