Why Engineer have but getting nerfs all over the years, and they were never OP

Tzozef.9841

Engineers were never really that bad, and I've been playing since launch.

The ONLY build people really QQ'd about was Turret build in PVP when Pre-HOT core was available, otherwise Engineers have been fairly balanced.

Engineeer has become the most watered down profession out of all professions, what happened Anet?

I'd still give rev the award for most watered down... and i remember people QQing about condi engi back in the day.Holo is only a threat when in melee range and can't stay in holo mode indefinitely. Sword is still not potent enough for pvp/wvwI fear that upcoming changes will only make it all risk and no reward (i figured this will happen eventually, so why was it even part of the original design philosophy for holo is beyond me) Engi still has junk traits that are not even worth considering. (Health Insurance in alchemy, for instance)I think these changes will make the pvp scene more burst oriented. Core guard, thief, mes, ele and to an extent ranger have that. Spellbreaker is a better brawler than holo or scrapper.Maybe a SD core engi will see a comeback.As far as wvw goes, roaming-wise i have far better results while roaming with thief or soulbeast than holo because holo really needs to be melee to be effective.As a Soulbeast vs holo i just have to kite them and i'll win, same with thief - burst and disengage.In any case we'll see in less than a week.

@Zaraki.5784 said:Back in the old days, Scrapper was totally OP, stealth to disengage and loads, loads, LOADS of CC.

Part of that though was that engineer's OP'ness was an accident. The CC from final salvo was generally not triggered by the engineer, but the enemy doing too much damage to the gyro. That inadvertently caused CC hell to anybody who tried to focus the scrapper. :tongue:

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Tzozef.9841 said:Engineeer has become the most watered down profession out of all professions, what happened Anet?

Define watered down in this instance?

I’d define it as Core and Scrapper has been over nerfed to near uselessness and looks like Holo is about to walk on the same path.

And no Joke there

Competitive play per spec:

Core : XScrapper: X, (With people saying it will be PvP playable upon bug fix, yet to be seen).Holosmith: PvP, PvE.

If current changes go in, and Scrapper reamains bugged, then.

Core: XScreapper: XHolosmith: PvE.

Archived