Isgarren and Wizard’s Tower

Zola.6197

I completely forgot this existed until yesterday when I did the daily JP.

Do you think Isgarren and the tower will ever come into play? Maybe as a raid or something we’ll explore in the Living World story?

Is there any lore about him beyond the wiki, or any lore about “wizards” in Tyria?

It’s just so mysterious and a little foreboding. Maybe it’s just meant to be a cool mystery we never learn about but I’m so curious.

When a mystery extends for too long without any change around, it stops being a mystery and becomes just a gimmicky background detail: boring.Mysteries needs to be updated too, hinted in new ways or replaced by a greater or deeper one.

As Brandon Sanderson says, when talking about his masterful mystery plots: "There's always another secret".

@"Ardid.7203" said:When a mystery extends for too long without any change around, it stops being a mystery and becomes just a gimmicky background detail: boring.Mysteries needs to be updated too, hinted in new ways or replaced by a greater or deeper one.

As Brandon Sanderson says, when talking about his masterful mystery plots: "There's always another secret".

Sometimes they do - for example the identity of E, which ran its course of mystery (and relevance) a long time ago. Some mysteries enhance with age and the Castle is a good example of that

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Ardid.7203" said:When a mystery extends for too long without any change around, it stops being a mystery and becomes just a gimmicky background detail: boring.Mysteries needs to be updated too, hinted in new ways or replaced by a greater or deeper one.

Sometimes they do - for example the identity of E, which ran its course of mystery (and relevance) a long time ago. Some mysteries enhance with age and the Castle is a good example of that

You have the right to your opinion. I think both of them equally time-faded. In fact, at least E produces some speculation in the lore forums from time to time. The wizard castle only produces this exact argument every single time... the wiki quote from Athrenn.9468 is the most interesting piece of wondering I have ever seen around this "mystery".

Would like a sea of sorrows map nearby to include it within its borders - maybe accessible, maybe not, but at least let us get closer. Underneath it, fly close by, whatever. A few more hints. Are there hostile forces in the water beneath or the air around? Is anything at all going on?

Archived