Should i trust Metabattle?

Malafaia.8903

if any of you want to try a realy mean build i will say try condi mirage and you can melt both players and bosses everywere. if you fihgt other players sneek in some confusion and just watch kill them self from useing skills its funny has heck to see everyone killing them self for fighting a condi mes.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:I wouldn't use this build as a new player in sPvP. Carrion Ineptitude is still probably the best 1v1 build and is less punishing.

Chrono Disenchanter is now the best dueling build.

It loses to Carrior Mirage and Carrion Mirage is still as good as it was in previous season as far as 1v1s are concerned. Mostly because of the Druid nerfs that could shut it down previously.

@MikeL.8260 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:I wouldn't use this build as a new player in sPvP. Carrion Ineptitude is still probably the best 1v1 build and is less punishing.

It loses to Carrior Mirage and Carrion Mirage is still as good as it was in previous season as far as 1v1s are concerned. Mostly because of the Druid nerfs that could shut it down previously.

Well thing is you need axe now since confusion got butchered.

Also Carrion Ineptitude is actually not tanky, and I wouldn't exactly call it noob-friendly either. Chrono Disenchanter is tank and has ridiculous faceroll and lets the Phantasms do your job for you.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

Also Carrion Ineptitude is actually not tanky, and I wouldn't exactly call it noob-friendly either. Chrono Disenchanter is tank and has ridiculous faceroll and lets the Phantasms do your job for you.

you dont need axe. Sword still works with it.

@"Kundry.1249" said:That's not Condi Mirage. It is a power Phantasm build, which is the main meta build at the moment.

Condi Mirage is the "Carrion Ineptitude" build here: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Carrion_Ineptitude

It's now considered obsolete, but Helseth is still playing it (when he does play GW2), so check his streams.

Is not Helseth playing a different build with Chaos instead of dueling ? ( it is really really strong becouse staff traited now is really strong ( double illusion on staff 3 ) and cd reduction .... and all the chaos line is really really good ( everyone knows this i think )

@Abelisk.4527 said:

Bunker Chrono is not easy to play, you have to micro manage your skills with CS to get the best out of it and missing Gravity Well immidiately cuts your effectiveness in half.

@PierPiero.9142 said:

@"Kundry.1249" said:That's not Condi Mirage. It is a power Phantasm build, which is the main meta build at the moment.

Condi Mirage is the "Carrion Ineptitude" build here:

It's now considered obsolete, but Helseth is still playing it (when he does play GW2), so check his streams.

Is not Helseth playing a different build with Chaos instead of dueling ? ( it is really really strong becouse staff traited now is really strong ( double illusion on staff 3 ) and cd reduction .... and all the chaos line is really really good ( everyone knows this i think )

He uses Dueling Ineptitude. Im sure of it.

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

He uses Dueling Ineptitude. Im sure of it.

now for me chaos is much better .....

@"Curunen.8729" said:Try this if you want something non-meta and more in the line of condi mirage:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAnfWnsnBlph1qBGMDMMjlZDzv+1/CglBgbTywcEsCaJA-jJxHQBA4JAsj9HQZZAldKAAA

Hey, thanks a lot! After playing that power meta build (sucessfully, i must say), i feel that playing condi is WAY FUNNIER.The only problem i see is losing the mobility on sword :(

@Malafaia.8903 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:Try this if you want something non-meta and more in the line of condi mirage:

Hey, thanks a lot! After playing that power meta build (sucessfully, i must say), i feel that playing condi is WAY FUNNIER.The only problem i see is losing the mobility on sword :(

Between IA, Jaunt, traited Blink, traited phase retreat and traited axe 3 you do have a ton of mobility anyway, as well as the detarget, nevermind all the reflects to protect you at range. :)

Also freel free to swap portal for either Signet of Inspiration (if totally solo/not organised for the swiftness - not really that important in pvp compared to wvw but still can help with general movement/rotating), Sand through Glass (if you intend to sit in the teamfight and focus burst people with axe then StG is a decent skill to have especially given the nerf to EM and weaker energy sigils in pvp compared with wvw - you can jaunt or axe 2 to get through the mirror depending on position if trying to hold a point) or anything else you like. Hell I've experimented with Mimic to double up on Blink and IA, although both their traited cooldowns are low so it doesn't have quite the impact as with higher cooldown utilities.

Besides this is hybrid - you can get nice crits off axe 3 and F1 in addition to the condi stacks so very good at bursting down squishy opponents such as power mesmers.

Between IA, Jaunt, traited Blink, traited phase retreat and traited axe 3 you do have a ton of mobility anyway, as well as the detarget, nevermind all the reflects to protect you at range. :)

Also freel free to swap portal for either Signet of Inspiration (if totally solo/not organised for the swiftness - not really that important in pvp compared to wvw but still can help with general movement/rotating), Sand through Glass (if you intend to sit in the teamfight and focus burst people with axe then StG is a decent skill to have especially given the nerf to EM and weaker energy sigils in pvp compared with wvw - you can jaunt or axe 2 to get through the mirror depending on position if trying to hold a point) or anything else you like. Hell I've experimented with Mimic to double up on Blink and IA, although both their traited cooldowns are low so it doesn't have quite the impact as with higher cooldown utilities.

Besides this is hybrid - you can get nice crits off axe 3 and F1 in addition to the condi stacks so very good at bursting down squishy opponents such as power mesmers.

Ok ok, back to this thread after trying that build and YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.I'm having a lot of funs playing it and having a lot better results.

Love how now i can kit Scourges with staff, build some condi, some phantasms/ illusion, and if they let the health drop to like 50% i can swap to axe and burst on them with axe3 + F1. I was having a bad time against Scourges with the power build.

I was thinking i would lose on disengage, but man, that traited blink is fucking awesome!This night i had the best moment on my pvp life because of this trait, lol. Respawning and going home where a Druid was fully capturing the point. I've jaunted to enter range, evaded the first auto-attack from him and blinked right by his side while he used LB#4 and got kicked out of the point where i naturally started decaping. The guy didn't even tried to engage me, he just got away, hahahhaah. Obviously it was all a matter of luck, but it surely was an awesome move ;)

Ok ok, back to this thread after trying that build and YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.I'm having a lot of funs playing it and having a lot better results.

Love how now i can kit Scourges with staff, build some condi, some phantasms/ illusion, and if they let the health drop to like 50% i can swap to axe and burst on them with axe3 + F1. I was having a bad time against Scourges with the power build.

I was thinking i would lose on disengage, but man, that traited blink is kitten awesome!This night i had the best moment on my pvp life because of this trait, lol. Respawning and going home where a Druid was fully capturing the point. I've jaunted to enter range, evaded the first auto-attack from him and blinked right by his side while he used LB#4 and got kicked out of the point where i naturally started decaping. The guy didn't even tried to engage me, he just got away, hahahhaah. Obviously it was all a matter of luck, but it surely was an awesome move ;)

Glad you're enjoying - yeah reflect plays can be really fun (especially vs things like p/p thief - unless they're very good with stow cancelling/timing around your reflects or catching you off guard in a team fight, they tend to wreck themselves). :)

IA is probably the most intricate skill to use given it can have many applications:

• use it in staff after phantasms despawn (get one more quick clone through dodge) then IA and don't move (unless in aoe). You will usually buy at least a couple of seconds breathing room while staff clones keep up some sustained pressure.
  • use it in axe to double up ambush burst into axe3 before shatter for enhanced burst.
  • precast image into IA to try to land the burn followed by ambush (sometimes doesn't put you close enough, but gets you in range for axe combos).
  • use it to kite/disengage by targeting an enemy (or npc in wvw) in the direction you want to move - acts as a pseudo blink.
  • probably more I can't think of right now.

Regarding weaknesses I'd say the main weakness is that this build relies mostly on active burst/damage application similar to power shatter, but without the 100-0 potential. So well played DD can be tricky to land a burst on, but on the flipside you have the advantage against power mesmer as well as better sustained damage against tankier opponents thanks to the hybrid output.

When I played a season in ranked as Tempest I had a "selfish" d/d build that was great for personal survival and dueling. Surviving was effortless and I actually had enough damage to kill most non-bunker builds. But I placed in gold 1 with it and was never quite able to climb out of it using that build. So, I went to metabattle and changed my build to be more similar to the d/f auramancer build that was the meta at the time. I kept off-hand dagger, but instead of a bunker bruiser type I became a team support healer. After that I quickly climbed out of gold 1 and ended up finishing the season in platinum 1.

That's pretty much the extent of my PvP experience, but I would trust metabattle to help you climb rank if you find yourself struggling to advance with an off-meta build.

I was thinking i would lose on disengage, but man, that traited blink is kitten awesome!This night i had the best moment on my pvp life because of this trait, lol. Respawning and going home where a Druid was fully capturing the point. I've jaunted to enter range, evaded the first auto-attack from him and blinked right by his side while he used LB#4 and got kicked out of the point where i naturally started decaping. The guy didn't even tried to engage me, he just got away, hahahhaah. Obviously it was all a matter of luck, but it surely was an awesome move ;)

Glad you're enjoying - yeah reflect plays can be really fun (especially vs things like p/p thief - unless they're very good with stow cancelling/timing around your reflects or catching you off guard in a team fight, they tend to wreck themselves). :)

IA is probably the most intricate skill to use given it can have many applications:
  • use it in staff after phantasms despawn (get one more quick clone through dodge) then IA and don't move (unless in aoe). You will usually buy at least a couple of seconds breathing room while staff clones keep up some sustained pressure.
  • use it in axe to double up ambush burst into axe3 before shatter for enhanced burst.
  • precast image into IA to try to land the burn followed by ambush (sometimes doesn't put you close enough, but gets you in range for axe combos).
  • use it to kite/disengage by targeting an enemy (or npc in wvw) in the direction you want to move - acts as a pseudo blink.
  • probably more I can't think of right now.

Regarding weaknesses I'd say the main weakness is that this build relies mostly on active burst/damage application similar to power shatter, but without the 100-0 potential. So well played DD can be tricky to land a burst on, but on the flipside you have the advantage against power mesmer as well as better sustained damage against tankier opponents thanks to the hybrid output.

IA is core in this build, there's really a lot of applications.It's a great gap closer finishing escaping thieves too! Used it a lot of times while on Axe, gap closing an escaping thief with less than 10% health, then axe3 + axe2 (maybe ambush), ded!

Fun thing you can make some really unexpected bursts, i even waste my torch stealh (supposedly the call for the burst on mesmers) against other mesmers. The guys evades, invuls, wastes a lot of skill, then i start kiting and generally it's already too late for them.

Fun times on pvp again!

Archived