DC and DC and DC

Centuri.7810

I expected the launch to be bad so I waited until this evening to buy the expansion. I had made plans with a friend to play it. I put aside some irl stuff to have fun in the game for a while. Guess what - I can´t get into LA. I tried a relog and now I can´t get into the game at all. I don´t wanna flame, but common. Don´t charge irl money if we can´t use the product even a few days in. Atleast give some info on what´s going on please.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Madman.6912 said:Sorry, but if your justification for why this is not a bad launch is that you have seen worse, then we simply have different standards. For me an even bigger f...up does not make a smaller f..up not a f...up. It is like saying at your burglar's trial that it is ok because some other people do worse things...

And you brought up games with no content or player base and trying to compare it to a game that outshines them on every aspect. Compare it to a product with similar content and population (Where in comparison to many of those, GW2 problems feel like small hiccups). You also would bring them up saying they were problem free, which none of them were, and if you are talking about English releases of those games (with even less population), it's because most of their problems were addressed already on their native release, and most of the bugs and problems they encountered overseas were related to porting it over into English rather than the content itself, something GW2 doesn't have a luxury to have (given it is its native release). I simply find your arguments unrealistic, and can't take them seriously. You also seem to have no realistic concept of what it takes to release products of this scope, and understand the difference between a bad release and a good one. It wasn't a good release, but far from a shit one either.

Given I am on an american server and most my issues have been addressed by now. I know EU seems to have it worse, but given I am not there I can't comment on the release there, and the speed at which Anet addresses the issues there.

I don't quite understand the argument "they are trying hard" if there were issues I haven't seen before I'd be like fine it happens but what I'm seeing seems to be very basic mistake. What this Vendetta against people who dare complain about a product they paid for? If you feel I think I'm entitled you would be correct, I'm entitled for the product that I paid for to work, if it doesn't then what's the issue apologising or at least recognizing people's frustration? All that happens that it results in this sort of thread. I love this game, but I'm not going to not complain to support the developer, I'm going to complain as that's how lessons are learnt.

All I have had is issues but my apologies disappointment and voicing it is obviously illegal in MMO's.

I have to believe at this point that these dc issues have to be on the user side somewhere because I have been playing off and on since 45 minutes after launch on Friday and haven't had one disconnect. Honestly, not one. I played for maybe an hour and a half Friday, probably 5 hours or so yesterday and have played 3 or a little more today. I have had issues on occasion with expansion launches in the past with other games years ago that did indeed end up being an issue on my end. Now granted, the update to the game itself caused my issues to occur, but there was something with the hardware in my particular pc at the time that conflicted with the update that caused me to have issues. Others were in the game playing just fine while it would be unplayable almost for me.

I would honestly recommend restarting your router and modem, make sure all your hardware is up to date, defrag and clean out your pc, and possibly even do a fresh install of the game. I'm sorry some of you are having these issues, but it does not seem to be everyone having these so I am led to believe it is possible a user side conflict with the expansion with some of these problems people are reporting. If it was 100% the game, wouldn't we all be having these issues? Trust me, I have been there and know how frustrating it can be. But as for this launch, it has been completely smooth for me so far. Some of you are saying long loading screens, can't load in, constant disconnects, horrible lag, game going down, etc. I honestly haven't experienced any of this.

My guild as well have been playing most of the weekend with little to zero issues. A couple hours ago though a few people were having an issue with instances.

@SummerRayne.4672 said:I have to believe at this point that these dc issues have to be on the user side somewhere because I have been playing off and on since 45 minutes after launch on Friday and haven't had one disconnect. Honestly, not one. I played for maybe an hour and a half Friday, probably 5 hours or so yesterday and have played 3 or a little more today. I have had issues on occasion with expansion launches in the past with other games years ago that did indeed end up being an issue on my end. Now granted, the update to the game itself caused my issues to occur, but there was something with the hardware in my particular pc at the time that conflicted with the update that caused me to have issues. Others were in the game playing just fine while it would be unplayable almost for me.

I would honestly recommend restarting your router and modem, make sure all your hardware is up to date, defrag and clean out your pc, and possibly even do a fresh install of the game. I'm sorry some of you are having these issues, but it does not seem to be everyone having these so I am led to believe it is possible a user side conflict with the expansion with some of these problems people are reporting. If it was 100% the game, wouldn't we all be having these issues? Trust me, I have been there and know how frustrating it can be. But as for this launch, it has been completely smooth for me so far. Some of you are saying long loading screens, can't load in, constant disconnects, horrible lag, game going down, etc. I honestly haven't experienced any of this.

My guild as well have been playing most of the weekend with little to zero issues. A couple hours ago though a few people were having an issue with instances.

US or EU?

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@SummerRayne.4672 said:I have to believe at this point that these dc issues have to be on the user side somewhere because I have been playing off and on since 45 minutes after launch on Friday and haven't had one disconnect. Honestly, not one. I played for maybe an hour and a half Friday, probably 5 hours or so yesterday and have played 3 or a little more today. I have had issues on occasion with expansion launches in the past with other games years ago that did indeed end up being an issue on my end. Now granted, the update to the game itself caused my issues to occur, but there was something with the hardware in my particular pc at the time that conflicted with the update that caused me to have issues. Others were in the game playing just fine while it would be unplayable almost for me.

US or EU?

I'm in the US but have been playing on a EU server since launch because a group of us from the old beta forums decided to make a guild at launch together. Some from EU and some of us from the US. In the end we decided on Piken Square.

@Vladish.3940 said:

@Madman.6912 said:Sorry, but if your justification for why this is not a bad launch is that you have seen worse, then we simply have different standards. For me an even bigger f...up does not make a smaller f..up not a f...up. It is like saying at your burglar's trial that it is ok because some other people do worse things...

And you brought up games with no content or player base and trying to compare it to a game that outshines them on every aspect. Compare it to a product with similar content and population (Where in comparison to many of those, GW2 problems feel like small hiccups). You also would bring them up saying they were problem free, which none of them were, and if you are talking about English releases of those games (with even less population), it's because most of their problems were addressed already on their native release, and most of the bugs and problems they encountered overseas were related to porting it over into English rather than the content itself, something GW2 doesn't have a luxury to have (given it is its native release). I simply find your arguments unrealistic, and can't take them seriously. You also seem to have no realistic concept of what it takes to release products of this scope, and understand the difference between a bad release and a good one. It wasn't a good release, but far from a kitten one either.

Given I am on an american server and most my issues have been addressed by now. I know EU seems to have it worse, but given I am not there I can't comment on the release there, and the speed at which Anet addresses the issues there.

Yes, EU, if you guys in the States have less problems then you were the lucky ones, still not an excuse I'm afraid

Thought I would make another post here to give an example of how I experienced something similar years ago in another game. I'm sure the issues you all are having really, really sucks, and is very frustrating. As I said in my previous post, I have been there. I hope it gets resolved for you all soon and you can enjoy the expansion. I really do.

Many years ago when I was horribly addicted to World of Warcraft during Vanilla WoW, I had massive issues when Burning Crusade launched. While I had been playing the game just fine before the expansion release, doing 40 man raiding, tons of pvp and everything, when BC launched, I had so many issues the game became basically unplayable for me. I too, thought it had to be the game because well, I didn't have these issues until the expansion launched. There were of course the normal bugs, etc., but my issues were much worse than the majority of the player base was experiencing. I tried for weeks trying to figure out the problem, contacting support, doing repairs of the game and everything I could think of just to play with my guild. I was in a hardcore raiding guild so I was really getting left behind.

I lived in a rural area at the time and didn't have high speed internet. The very last thing I wanted to do was do a clean install of the game because I knew it was going to take forever. I finally got so frustrated not being able to play the game without a ridiculous amount of issues that I quit for maybe a month. I of course missed the game and decided to bite the bullet and do a clean install, which did take a very long time being on dial up. Days, up to almost a whole week, no joke. But after I did that, my game was perfectly fine. There was some kind of conflict with my pc and the expansion update that had caused my issue that a fresh install thankfully fixed.

I'm not saying you all aren't having these issues. It's just these issues don't seem to be happening to everyone so it wouldn't hurt to maybe do some of the things I suggested in my above post to see if it helps you at all. I'm just hoping my past frustrations with things like this can help some here. WoW wasn't the only game I have had this happen with in the past either. Now some of the issues I know are bugs and issues from launch like instance issues, etc. because I have saw some guild members have those problems on occasion. But not to the point it's unplayable. For the most part, they have all been playing with very little issues all weekend.

Yeah. I can stream 1080p, and I can download full speed, I can connect to anything else at top notch quality, I can transcode files, do heavy copy operation and every other intensive game works flawlessly. My guild mates are having the same issues I'm having.

Please don't be so disrespectful.

Bugs happen when a specific set of conditions are met, and with servers it's either down, or if it's experiencing overload some players might be dropped, while others won't be. I can't know for sure though, cause I can't actually problem solve anything here, but that is what it looks like to me here. Don't give people false hope and tell them they can fix this on their own. If people are getting DC at this point in time, it's most likely an issue at server end for GW 2. They can easily test this by going to youtube and try watching something, go to a few different site and so on, but I think most people already do this or have done it.

@kleisthenes.6247 said:

Yeah. I can stream 1080p, and I can download full speed, I can connect to anything else at top notch quality, I can transcode files, do heavy copy operation and every other intensive game works flawlessly. My guild mates are having the same issues I'm having.

Please don't be so disrespectful.

If you had bothered to read my whole post you would have noticed that I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in anyway at all. Actually, I was trying to be helpful and even gave an example in a later post relaying a similar issue I had had with another game years ago during an expansion launch. I know some of you are having major issues, but I also know many more are having little to zero issues. I'm sorry for those of you who are and I hope if gets worked out for you soon. I'm sure you are frustrated with your issues, but maybe at least bother reading someone's full post who was really trying to be helpful instead of accusing them of being disrespectful. Thanks.

@SummerRayne.4672 said:If you had bothered to read my whole post you would have noticed that I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in anyway at all. Actually, I was trying to be helpful and even gave an example in a later post relaying a similar issue I had had with another game years ago during an expansion launch. I know some of you are having major issues, but I also know many more are having little to zero issues. I'm sorry for those of you who are and I hope if gets worked out for you soon. I'm sure you are frustrated with your issues, but maybe at least bother reading someone's full post who was really trying to be helpful instead of accusing them of being disrespectful. Thanks.

I read your entire post. Don't tell people do a lot of random stuff thinking they can fix this. Unless they are actually having connection or router issues. Also, these issues have nothing to do with drivers, at all. I wasn't referring to your tone. I was referring to you tell people to do things that won't help at all. It will only cause them frustration.

Do you think i would really create a post about bug if it comes from my connection , i never had issue like this , i totally know it's from the game and i'm not the only one with thoses issues.So as you said maybe you try to help but we are not 10 years old kid discovering how a computer works or so ...

Sure, I will stop trying to help considering I have experienced similar issues with other games in the past all the while being able to do everything else on my pc and play other games perfectly with zero issues. And not a kid by the way, far from it. :) If you all want to keep being bitter, that's all on you, but yeah, you are right, going to stop trying to help here. But yet if you notice the forums it's the same handful of people having all these horrible issues while thousands upon thousands are in the game not having these problems or a random issue here and there but overall playing fine. But yeah, you are right, it's 100% the game. But seems EU might be having more issues possibly? I am in the US but been playing on a EU server since launch. Unsure if that makes a difference or not.

All that random stuff I said, those are the things that have helped me in the past when I had issues. Forgive me for trying to be helpful. Maybe do yourselves a favor and post this stuff in the appropriate forums because ArenaNet is responding to threads in the appropriate forums. Have a nice day.

ArenaNet got more facility to answer to post from fanboy like " i love new mounts" or "GW2 Concept Art" but when it's about issues or overpower class or so they look kinda invisible.That must be the forum section :)

In short i'm not the only one with thoses issues , but people who don't have those need to come on forum and say that they have nothing and need to lecture other by saying "it must come from your computer or roter"

What people are experiencing here are disconnects. People log into the client, launch the game, get the the character screen, try to enter with a character and gets disconnected, and some get disconnected at random, some get lag spikes, unable to enter (or create instances). These specific issues are in no related to the actual user. With these issues in mind, there is most definitely no way that this is an issue with players computers or their internet or network infrastructure.

I'm not asking you to stop helping people. If you want to help people, that's great, do that, but I urge you to consider each problem on a case by case basis. Doing things randomly doesn't necessarily fix things with computers, network, and so on. It might, but it's very ineffective. Secondly, you should consider that people who aren't tech savvy don't understand these things. If they think someone is telling them from a position of knowledge to do this, or do that, they might do it, and they would just end up wasting their time The best thing is to start simple, think simple. Many problems, if they are specific do a computer with Windows can be fixed by a reboot (but that is not relevant here).

You have a nice day as well.

@Centuri.7810 said:ArenaNet got more facility to answer to post from fanboy like " i love new mounts" or "GW2 Concept Art" but when it's about issues or overpower class or so they look kinda invisible.That must be the forum section :)

In short i'm not the only one with thoses issues , but people who don't have those need to come on forum and say that they have nothing and need to lecture other by saying "it must come from your computer or roter"

That's funny, if you go to the forum index you will see the last three posts by ArenaNet was in response to threads where people are having these issues. So again, maybe try posting your concern in the appropriate forum.

And again, wasn't trying to lecture, was trying to help. But hey, keep playing the victim here. Anyways, I'm done with this thread. Would be better for me and you because the back and forth bickering isn't helping anyone. But I would try posting my issues in the appropriate forums if you want help with these. I haven't saw them respond to any of these threads in general discussion lately.

@Maecks.2918 said:

@Madman.6912 said:

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:All this flaming and blame against Anet only shows your immaturity. If you were mature enough, you would understand big patches like this will never come smoothly, and they are probably working their butts of in the office even right now.

Personally I've been lucky enough to not have problems with the story, but I can't get to Desolation at all (infinite loading screen). The game also freezes for a few seconds every now and then, waypoints have a huge delay and there's usually at least one disconnect per hour played. Right now I can't log in on my character at all. But hey, that's life.

let's agree to disagree. then.. The more we "accept" trash quality the more we will get it. I paid for a functional product, and I want to use it. They might be working their kitten off to fix it now, but that's because they rushed it out or they did a kitten job leading up to launch. doesnt' change the fact that I have paid full price for it and I have every right to expect a fully functional product for it. I don't think you would accept if you bought a new tv and when they deliver it they'd say, "well it does not work now, but we will be working on it for another week or two, and then maybe you can use it then" you would probably say "take this kitten away I'll buy from someone else instead"...

I see it the same way: Even though it may be quite common to use regular customers as beta testers, I as a paying customer do not have to accept this practise. I paid for the game and this includes having paid for being able to play it. I don't care how hard they are working now to fix it, and if the login servers are under too much load or whatsoever. They knew, how many copies they sold and they should have provided login capacities according to these numbers in the first place.This really annoys me, every time they do this and they do this regularily, every time they publish some bigger patch to the game. They sell fun, but what you get is frustration.

It is not common to user customers as beta testers when you say something is a release. no. Things do show up when the public gets things that you never saw in testing though. What irks me is all this stuff DID show up in testing to the most casual playtester and they released it anyway, which should never have been allowed to happen. That is malpractice somewhere.

@Maecks.2918 said:

@Centuri.7810 said:providing kitten release won't help anyone too , if they are not ready for a realease they just can delay it like many games .

Second you talk about your games from 20 years ago .Video games team are totally different now , sure we totally have more player but it's not like it's their first game with their first release , we'r in 2017 , it's the second expansion.

It's a shame to release something which is impossible to play

I don't blame Anets' devs for this. I blame the ones sitting a few levels above them in the hirachy, who get the big money we throw at them. The ones that are responsible for not getting more devs in order to get the job properly done in the time given, or who know exactly how many people will want to play the game at release but are too parsimonious to buy a proper amount of ressources to deal with the numbers.

Exactly. No dev would have been unaware of this. I just hope they sent some CYA emails to get those people on record to release anyway.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Omega Mayhem.7163 said:You haven't played online video games if you have never played one that didn't have dc's on the day of an expansion pack release.

Well. Heart of Thorns release was fine so I don't understand why Path of Fire is so problematic

Heart of Thorns didn't have everyone in the new zones, because it launched during Halloween. I decided to do the Halloween content first, but it effectively split the playerbase.

@Madman.6912 said:

@Vladish.3940 said:

And you brought up games with no content or player base and trying to compare it to a game that outshines them on every aspect. Compare it to a product with similar content and population (Where in comparison to many of those, GW2 problems feel like small hiccups). You also would bring them up saying they were problem free, which none of them were, and if you are talking about English releases of those games (with even less population), it's because most of their problems were addressed already on their native release, and most of the bugs and problems they encountered overseas were related to porting it over into English rather than the content itself, something GW2 doesn't have a luxury to have (given it is its native release). I simply find your arguments unrealistic, and can't take them seriously. You also seem to have no realistic concept of what it takes to release products of this scope, and understand the difference between a bad release and a good one. It wasn't a good release, but far from a kitten one either.

Yes, EU, if you guys in the States have less problems then you were the lucky ones, still not an excuse I'm afraid

Not in States in particular but close enough. It is day 3 and I am pretty much now fine in terms of connectivity and such, and only experiencing minor bugs. I am sorry to hear about the severity of the problems you experiencing in EU (I think not being able to tell which server people are on creates a lot this bickering we had due to different experiences. I actually didn't knew you were in EU as your statements, as well as mine, were rather vague and general to begin with). Care to let me know as to how the things are progressing over there, in terms of the issues and Anet's addressing of them?

Archived