Humans downleveled to 15 while in Salma District home instance

Humans have an effective level of 15 while in the Salma District home instance, but are treated as level 80 in all other home instances. All other playable races are treated as level 80 in all home instances.

Why this matters: for my Asura I was getting T5/T6 leather from my leatherworker gathering tool glyph, and today I went to my home instance and gathered on a human character. My human only got T1 leather from the gathering tool glyph. That's when I opened the hero panel to see my effective character level was 15. I went to all 4 other home instances on my human and saw that I wasn't downleveled at all in them. I also checked other character races to find they weren't downleveled at all in any home instance.

I'm sure there's a reason why only humans are downleveled to 15 and only in the Salma District home instance, but some consistency would be nice.

Why was this a problem? T5 mats are just as worthless, and will be even more so now that everyone is forced to farm it from their home instance. You rarely get T6. It was nice to have the option to farm the kind of mats you preferred. This is an example of people asking for the game to be made worse.

@Leablo.2651 said:Why was this a problem? T5 mats are just as worthless, and will be even more so now that everyone is forced to farm it from their home instance. You rarely get T6. It was nice to have the option to farm the kind of mats you preferred. This is an example of people asking for the game to be made worse.

You do know you can get T1-T4 mats by farming those level nodes around core tyria, right? I'm not sure how such a minuet change could be considered worse.

Archived