Idea: PvP airship battles?

The idea came up in chat a few days ago, but is there any possibility of doing team airship battles? it could be crews of 5 people manning each airship and could progress through various environmental conditions like strong winds or fog. there could be 2 to 4 teams. Team composition could be something like 1 pilot, 4 crew who run around repairing or manning different parts of the ship. like maybe one person is covering the engines and as a result the airship goes 5-10% faster, or maybe everyone is on cannons? Also why not allow the airships to change altitude and ram one another? Anyone got any thoughts on this?

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:As a huge fan of Skies of Arcadia, any airship battle is fine by me. All in on that!

One of my favourite games! Would love to see more airship involvement in this game. If we had airship battles like SoA I'd be pretty happy, I'd definitely buy an airship based expansion. My only worry is to do it properly would take a lot of resources which aren't available, so I imagine if we got something like this, it wouldn't end up as the epic airship battles we all hope for, but more a cobbled together mini game that wouldn't really work or do the idea justice.

I'd still quite like an airship as a home instance as well (which you'd be able to relocate to base in different maps when you feel like it).

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:As a huge fan of Skies of Arcadia, any airship battle is fine by me. All in on that!

One of my favourite games! Would love to see more airship involvement in this game. If we had airship battles like SoA I'd be pretty happy, I'd definitely buy an airship based expansion. My only worry is to do it properly would take a lot of resources which aren't available, so I imagine if we got something like this, it wouldn't end up as the epic airship battles we all hope for, but more a cobbled together mini game that wouldn't really work or do the idea justice.

I'd still quite like an airship as a home instance as well (which you'd be able to relocate to base in different maps when you feel like it).

The Zhaitan fight should have been like a Skies-esque airship battle. Would have been a massive departure from playstyle though, probably impossible to do in-game.

Would have saved the hassle of kiting mobs back to the troop of NPCs in the bridge who couldn't be bothered coming to help me.

No worries guys, we've got an armada up here but I'll just solo these dragons and their minions, shall I? cool.

Archived