[SUGGESTION] Elementalist summons

Tom Hsiao.9705

I have always wonder how come elemtnalist’s summon only last 60 seconds but necromancer’s summon last until it dies and on top of that necromancer got draining and all the survivability yet elementalist is squishy and die like a paper cannon even with tanks build....

Why not make elementalist summon last until it dies so they have something to tank for them???Even in WOW frost mage can have permanent water elementalBlack desert have permanent water/fire summonI just wanna channel elementals with something on my side that doesn’t freaking expire in 60 seconds!!!! I’m sure it’s not that hard to even change this!!!:/

The elementalist summons are not something you should use for tanking, at least in PvP. In PvE, you can use them as much as you want, but elementals are more of a backup player to occasionally help you out in fights.

As far as your statement about the elementalist being squishy, understand that that's how the profession was intended to be, a glass cannon. The elementalist has the lowest health pool, along with the thief and the guardian. These professions are made to be squishy, but can be really deadly when put into the right hands and played properly..

I understand why you'd like elementals to last until they die and to tank with them, but if you want to be more tanky with the elementalist, I suggest you try out the Auramancer Tempest. It's an elementalist build that focuses on enduring damage while healing and supporting your allies.

As a matter of fact, in wow water elemental was not always permanent, it was a temporal summon that was used to make shatter combos with its freeze ability (these were good times).

But yes, elementals needs a little buff because i dont see a moment where i need a lesser elemental and i won an advantage against my enemy, the elite one is better because water elemental is good in healing and air elemental suports with cc. But not good enough to be an elite skill. I really prefer glyph of elementals to replace the glyph of lesser elementals as an utility skill and put another elite glyph into the elite category.

My hope - Ele gets its elemental removed and gets a summoner spec that is gives the Ele a set of weapon skills and then the F skills are turned into a an Elemental summon in the vein of Ranger pets. The Elementals need HUGE buffs in my opinion. They need to be something worth using. They are simply not viable for anything other than random trash PvE.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Professions are balanced across the spectrum of traits & skills, not just category to category. Necro summonses are designed differently from those of mesmers, of elementalists, of engies (turrets, gyros), guardians (spirit weapons), etc. The game would be a lot less interesting of they all worked the same.

Mesmer doesnt really have any summons anymore. Clones arent really the summons, they are shatter fodder. For me it goes:Necro Summons > Engineer Gyros > Guardian Spirit Weapons > Engineer Turrets > Elementalist Elementals.

I cant remember the last time i saw an Elemental in WvW. I have seen countless more Necro Summons, Gyros, Spirit Weapons and Turrets than i have elementals for the fact they are WAY too easy to kill, deal crap damage and have VERY little use otherwise.

Mesmer Phantasms got a much needed overhaul. It is time that Elementals got that as well and it would be SO much quicker and easier to do so as well. Though, wont happen.

Though as i said, dreams of a proper Summoner Spec shall linger </3

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:My hope - Ele gets its elemental removed and gets a summoner spec that is gives the Ele a set of weapon skills and then the F skills are turned into a an Elemental summon in the vein of Ranger pets. The Elementals need HUGE buffs in my opinion. They need to be something worth using. They are simply not viable for anything other than random trash PvE.

A summoning spec makes sense for elemantalist, but I'd prefer if the summons were utility skills. That way you wouldn't be forced to rely on AI for every build of that spec. AI can be troublesome in PvP, so I think that it's better that way. Also elemental glyph don't need to be removed. It depends on how they design it.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:My hope - Ele gets its elemental removed and gets a summoner spec that is gives the Ele a set of weapon skills and then the F skills are turned into a an Elemental summon in the vein of Ranger pets. The Elementals need HUGE buffs in my opinion. They need to be something worth using. They are simply not viable for anything other than random trash PvE.

A summoning spec makes sense for elemantalist, but I'd prefer if the summons were utility skills. That way you wouldn't be forced to rely on AI for every build of that spec. AI can be troublesome in PvP, so I think that it's better that way. Also elemental glyph don't need to be removed. It depends on how they design it.

The problem with that would be. You would have no defense except for the weapon skills. Unless they made it kinda like the Necro summons where you can have them active and then you "kill" them or in this case be something like have them fuse with the Ele and do some sort of effect based on the elemental or something like that. The thing is, A summoner spec with my idea would actually be better than say Ranger, as Ranger has all the damage weaknesses and such for the sake of the pet. They could do that for a summoner spec without going through EVERY weapon, utility and such to nerf them all.

I can see it being a fun elite spec and if they hold the scorge rule of effect happening at the pets and player at the same time then i could see it being viable. The thing is ele has pets realty bad ones that cant take hits nor land any thing in real fights. There even a "weak" verson of the pets having a skill that is a weak version is such a waist of a skill.

Before making an elite spec of a pet class the 2 current pet skill need to be buffed or changed.

I suggest remove the lesser pet skill Glyph of Lesser Elementals from the game and add something else non pet related maybe a ture field support glyph. take the eleit skill Glyph of Elemental power and make it into a pet that has more then one skill and will change base off or your atument. Make it a non npc elemental but more of a pet that changes its look base off of the atument you are in.

If you want to make it into an elite spec your going to have to put more into the pet or make it more of an envoker type of class or one shot pets.

What i would do is change the Lesser Elementals utility, turn it into something else. Not quite sure what though. With the Elite either give it a MUCH need HUGE buff. to health, toughness, damage and the like with each one then getting exrtra bonuses in their specific role Fire (power/Condition damage) Air (Precision/Crit Damage) Water Vit/Healing Power) and Earth (Toghness/????) and then give them GOOD active use skills on a reasonable cool down. Make so they dont die when they get looked at, make them an actual THREAT and USEFUL to combat

I don't even have problem with lesser or our elite summon but only thing I have is they expire too soon and I hate to keep resummon during a fight!!! and that long ass cooldown is not exactly helping either... just make them like necromancer's pets I'll be happy.

I don't expect a elite spec of summon or elemental pet as good as ranger's... I guess that'll be asking too much but seriously remove the EXPIRE in 60 SEC!!! :s

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:I don't even have problem with lesser or our elite summon but only thing I have is they expire too soon and I hate to keep resummon during a fight!!! and that long kitten cooldown is not exactly helping either... just make them like necromancer's pets I'll be happy.

I don't expect a elite spec of summon or elemental pet as good as ranger's... I guess that'll be asking too much but seriously remove the EXPIRE in 60 SEC!!! :s

In WvW and PvP they die within 5-10seconds. They are simply put useless in current form. Even if they had no cool down, instant cast. they would STILL be a waste of time using them. They need HUGE buffs. Remove the 60second duration and then reduce the cool down a little as well.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:I don't even have problem with lesser or our elite summon but only thing I have is they expire too soon and I hate to keep resummon during a fight!!! and that long kitten cooldown is not exactly helping either... just make them like necromancer's pets I'll be happy.

In WvW and PvP they die within 5-10seconds. They are simply put useless in current form. Even if they had no cool down, instant cast. they would STILL be a waste of time using them. They need HUGE buffs. Remove the 60second duration and then reduce the cool down a little as well.

What they need to do is make it a pet that never dies but goes into a "death" state where its still with you and gives out a boon (if they make the ele pet give out boons for there pt kind of like a your x boon is stronger earth makes protection stronger air makes fury stronger fire makes might stronger water makes reg stronger) but is unable to attk and the cd for the re-summon would be lower with no duration on how long its out.

Archived