toxicity and wtf just happened

czerwoni.9563

so i was on my necro and i run past treb because i saw the enemy thief there, i manage to kill him then as soon as i start headed mid my teammate spam "report necro match manipulation" and rage at me because necro doesn't use treb......

2 min later the dude who raged was fighting from downed and he pinged the enemy that isnt downed and theres an enemy that is downed. ok so 2v1 not goin too hot i get there and i try to down the second enemy to so that i can res my teammate...warrior out of nowhere comes in and it turned into a 2 v 1 again so i die. teammate rages and tells me lots of unpleasant things about my skill level and spams match manipulation.

tl:dr teammates rage when you don't do what they want because they are god like entities in a video game.

i find the whole thing funny since its a game and games are meant to be fun anyone else have a kitten story?remember never let them get to you because its funny how a game can make someone soo mad that they just need to tell you that you are bad because it makes them feel better.

This happened to me and my buddy yesterday and it is frustrating. A necro should always be in mid and putting health barriers on teammates and applying pressure on mid with condition aoes so your team can win the team fight. A necro on a treb is a complete waste of time because you are hindering your team in middle, instead have another guy get on the treb to help you support mid. I see so many people that don't know how to use their class properly and they don't understand the conquest game mode at all with rotations. It's a team game mode and if you can't rotate properly it's over.

I hate that the mode requires so much teamwork because of bad players that ruin it for people like myself that understands the game mode. I wish they would implement 2v2 deathmatch or heck... a 5v5 deathmatch mode would be fun too.

Edit: I don't know if you got on the treb so that is my mistake if you did. But also people frustrate me when they fight off point like you do also.

Well, i bought the game and the expansions just like all of you guys and I play HOWEVER i want and seriously i couldn't care less about the "Pro" 15yo kids, if I just wanna chill and 1v1 or just camp a point ill do it!"but your a teef you should be roaming" and your a kid you should be making your homework!Cry all you want, smash you PC if you want, ill be sitting right here doing whatever i want, however i want.

Peace

@"BMW.2951" said:This happened to me and my buddy yesterday and it is frustrating. A necro should always be in mid and putting health barriers on teammates and applying pressure on mid with condition aoes so your team can win the team fight. A necro on a treb is a complete waste of time because you are hindering your team in middle, instead have another guy get on the treb to help you support mid. I see so many people that don't know how to use their class properly and they don't understand the conquest game mode at all with rotations. It's a team game mode and if you can't rotate properly it's over.

I hate that the mode requires so much teamwork because of bad players that ruin it for people like myself that understands the game mode. I wish they would implement 2v2 deathmatch or heck... a 5v5 deathmatch mode would be fun too.

Edit: I don't know if you got on the treb so that is my mistake if you did. But also people frustrate me when they fight off point like you do also.

i didnt lol and i always spam "please fight on point"

@"Volrath.1473" said:Well, i bought the game and the expansions just like all of you guys and I play HOWEVER i want and seriously i couldn't care less about the "Pro" 15yo kids, if I just wanna chill and 1v1 or just camp a point ill do it!"but your a teef you should be roaming" and your a kid you should be making your homework!Cry all you want, smash you PC if you want, ill be sitting right here doing whatever i want, however i want.

Peace

Cool, man. I hope you enjoy playing Unranked, where you should be.

@bLind.6278 said:

@"Volrath.1473" said:Well, i bought the game and the expansions just like all of you guys and I play HOWEVER i want and seriously i couldn't care less about the "Pro" 15yo kids, if I just wanna chill and 1v1 or just camp a point ill do it!"but your a teef you should be roaming" and your a kid you should be making your homework!Cry all you want, smash you PC if you want, ill be sitting right here doing whatever i want, however i want.

Peace

You're being insanely rude. Let people play how they want and learn at their own pace.

PeaceThis is exactly the problem of pvp.People like you join ranked and destroy the experience of players because well you want to. This is wrong. Ranked shouldn’t be qued just to do whatever you want. Ranked is for serious play only. If you wanna do what you want which leads your team to lose go unranked.Why would you purposely destroy someone’s games just because you want to? Doesn’t matter if 15 y.o are tryhards or not. That’s just bad manner

With good enough populations, people playing in a manner they prefer would be no problem whatsoever.I would never rage at a teammate - not my cup of tea. I will type in chat something like "mid please" but if a player cannot respond for any reason - flaming him will only lesssen the experience for the entire team.

@"Arioch.4810" said:With good enough populations, people playing in a manner they prefer would be no problem whatsoever.I would never rage at a teammate - not my cup of tea. I will type in chat something like "mid please" but if a player cannot respond for any reason - flaming him will only lesssen the experience for the entire team.

exactly, like i pinned mid and asked a necro to come mid as we did not need him on treb, and the thief on our team was like "let me treb then steal top you go mid they need you more than me"

necro responds "stfu go cancer urself im legend on my main i do what i want" ......so we just goofed around on the map (enemies included as they saw we had a troll) we won somehow close game but ya

@Nash.3974 said:This is exactly the problem of pvp.People like you join ranked and destroy the experience of players because well you want to. This is wrong. Ranked shouldn’t be qued just to do whatever you want. Ranked is for serious play only. If you wanna do what you want which leads your team to lose go unranked.Why would you purposely destroy someone’s games just because you want to? Doesn’t matter if 15 y.o are tryhards or not. That’s just bad manner

But this is also a good point of the problem of PvP lately. Back in time when meta was slow, this was a minor issue. Since PoF, having 1 player doing a poor job usually leads into snowball effects or facerolls because of powercreep meta.

Pretty much why you have so much toxicity in game. Remove PoF builds, or simply scourges and mesmers, and people will all be nice

@uraldum.8513 said:

Peace

You're being insanely rude. Let people play how they want and learn at their own pace.

Yeah, intentionally sabotaging other people's competitive experience is fine, but suggesting a player keep that sort of thing in unranked is incredibly bad manners.

Peace

I don't mind your mentality but I do mind your 'casual' attitude that undermines other people efforts who try to be competitive and climb the rank ladder. But if there was a proper rating system I guess you would be placed where you can do ...whatever, however you want. That is one of the problems along with the solo Q which puts you with random people who play random builds and have random style play.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

Peace

I don't mind your mentality but I do mind your 'casual' attitude that undermines other people efforts who try to be
competitive
and climb the rank ladder. But if there was a proper rating system I guess you would be placed where you can do ...whatever, however you want. That is one of the problems along with the solo Q which puts you with random people who play random builds and have random style play.

don't get me wrong, i I wanna play seriously i queue up for ranked.wen i'm just chilling and doing whatever or trying out different builds and weapons i do it in unranked! that is what it's there for! i would never do anything like that on raked. I respect ppl that are pushing up the lather and wen i'm on ranked trust me i give my best and i use the optimal build/weapons.

Sorry if i wasn't clear on that, I was talking about the guys crying and insulting ppl and there mother wile playing in unranked.Sorry that was my bad.

PS. bLind.6278 this answer is for you too ;)

@Nash.3974 said:

PeaceThis is exactly the problem of pvp.People like you join ranked and destroy the experience of players because well you want to. This is wrong. Ranked shouldn’t be qued just to do whatever you want. Ranked is for serious play only. If you wanna do what you want which leads your team to lose go unranked.Why would you purposely destroy someone’s games just because you want to? Doesn’t matter if 15 y.o are tryhards or not. That’s just bad manner

I agree! I was not clear enough on that post but i just cleared it up on my last post, sorry.

just read the post above this one! (you probably read it already no?)

@"czerwoni.9563" said:so i was on my necro and i run past treb because i saw the enemy thief there, i manage to kill him then as soon as i start headed mid my teammate spam "report necro match manipulation" and rage at me because necro doesn't use treb......

2 min later the dude who raged was fighting from downed and he pinged the enemy that isnt downed and theres an enemy that is downed. ok so 2v1 not goin too hot i get there and i try to down the second enemy to so that i can res my teammate...warrior out of nowhere comes in and it turned into a 2 v 1 again so i die. teammate rages and tells me lots of unpleasant things about my skill level and spams match manipulation.

tl:dr teammates rage when you don't do what they want because they are god like entities in a video game.

i find the whole thing funny since its a game and games are meant to be fun anyone else have a kitten story?remember never let them get to you because its funny how a game can make someone soo mad that they just need to tell you that you are bad because it makes them feel better.

Dont let it bother you. Thats the best of advice I can give you.Also....someone that pings, reports and flames you for NOT going to treb is someone whose opinion is worthless, since treb is one of the - if not THE - most useless side objective of any pvp-map.

Just keep in mind that most of this games population are adolescent hooligans who like to hide behind their online anonymity.And as you can see from your own experience...most of their "critique" is absolute nonsense anyway.

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:

@"czerwoni.9563" said:so i was on my necro and i run past treb because i saw the enemy thief there, i manage to kill him then as soon as i start headed mid my teammate spam "report necro match manipulation" and rage at me because necro doesn't use treb......

Dont let it bother you. Thats the best of advice I can give you.Also....someone that pings, reports and flames you for NOT going to treb is someone whose opinion is worthless, since treb is one of the - if not THE - most useless side objective of any pvp-map.

Just keep in mind that most of this games population are adolescent hooligans who like to hide behind their online anonymity.And as you can see from your own experience...most of their "critique" is absolute nonsense anyway.

i never let internet trolls get to me in games its just funny that they spam match " manipulation reported reported you have 1 shade instead of 3 omg noob reported"

Unranked and custom arenas are for fun and messing around, but in ranked PLEASE try to play for your team, not for yourself. Otherwise you are ruining the enjoyment of everyone else.

You dont need to attach yourself on a node - dont get exposed to all the enemy cleave, you should get their squishy flank down first so you dont get bombed at mid. Playing around the sides of the node is smarter than clustering together, getting cleaved down and losing the fight.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

With all due respect, I really don't see the point of this post. As much as I am in support of reducing toxicity in any game mode, this "reminder" not to "let the game get to you" is somewhat pointless, and patronizing at best.So some unknown person was mean to you in an online game, a world first no doubt, but what do you achieve by posting your "epic saga" on forums? are you seeking sympathy perhaps or assurance from the community that you are not a bad player?It might be April but as far as I can see the snowflakes are falling at the same rate as before, so many whiny posts, so much salt (and yes I realize the irony of criticizing a complaint).You aim to change the community to be less verbally aggressive? do you not see that by admitting it bothers you, you are in fact feeding into the system?

I suspect this post will be cut at soon but forums devs should actually just make 1 merger thread for all the
"I had a bad time in pvp, let me vent and fish for sympathetic comments"
posts.

i made the post because i wanted to, and because i was curious since i have made a toxicity graph to see when players are the saltiest. also not a first i play many mmos and mmorpgs online GW2 is about the cleanest there is compared to some moba communities. you trying to belittle me for no reason is funny thank you for the laugh. and it never bothers me its just the internet.

for those who it bothers i got this to say "how weak must you be to allow mere words to hurt you"

@czerwoni.9563 said:i have made a toxicity graph to see when players are the saltiest.This tells me everything I need to know about you.@czerwoni.9563 said:for those who it bothers i got this to say "how weak must you be to allow mere words to hurt you"How ironic that you created the post showing how triggered you are and also preach others are weak for being hurt by words.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:i have made a toxicity graph to see when players are the saltiest.This tells me everything I need to know about you.@czerwoni.9563 said:for those who it bothers i got this to say "how weak must you be to allow mere words to hurt you"How ironic that you created the post showing how triggered you are and also preach others are weak for being hurt by words.

made the graph for a psych project for collegeand im not triggered at all

@Nash.3974 said:

Pretty sure people like you desperate to win at all cost for your own gain ruined PVP. You try to win (rise in rank) up to even throwing the current match. However the fup that makes sense.

Archived