How do you unlock the Sunken Treasure Hunter Daily?

Does anyone know what the requirements are to unlock this daily?

My alternate account only has the base game...

They're able to participate in current events like closing Joko portals...But the new current event dealing with Sunken Treasures, I'm only able to get my first free key from Dive Master Astora.I opened my first sunken chest and got 1/10 of the achievement unlocked...

I then went on to kill kraits in hopes to finish the new daily, but noticed that it's not even listed on my dailies tab... I even started to manually count each krait kill and stopped at 25 kills.Thanks in advance!

https://i.imgur.com/Bm5VC4i.jpgBm5VC4im.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ekv2ITM.jpgekv2ITMm.jpg

Im pretty sure u gotta talk to the new NPC in Lions arch before it appears. It has its own daily tab, it doesnt appear in the "general dailies" which gives 10 ap. Did you go through every dialogue in the NPC tab? Not sure if its needed, but maybe youre missing something there.

You might need this part of the dialogue with Dive Master Astora:

You don't need to look anywhere! It just so happens that I've cataloged the locations of all known relevant shipwrecks as far back as records exist.Talk more option tango.pngWhy do you need me, then?    Most treasure is locked up tight. Only way to get at it is with the proper key. If you happen to come across a key, bring it to me, and I can tell you where to find the accompanying chest.    Talk more option tango.png    Where do I find keys?        All over. To be honest, I don't know exactly where, but I'm sure you'll stumble on some over the course of your adventures.

Good luck.

@"Ziooo.8932" said:Im pretty sure u gotta talk to the new NPC in Lions arch before it appears. It has its own daily tab, it doesnt appear in the "general dailies" which gives 10 ap. Did you go through every dialogue in the NPC tab? Not sure if its needed, but maybe youre missing something there.

Nope. You don't have to do anything. I completed it on the first day while doing map completion in sparkfly before I ever talked to the NPC.

In my case, nothing worked until I received the mail in my inbox. I received it first upon entering Lion Arch. After that, the whole thing was released. Before, nothing was working. Two of my friends experienced it same than me: Until they received the mail, what happened by visiting LA, nothing worked for them.

@Ziooo.8932 said:Well, then i have no idea...Didn't we get a mail about it? Maybe OP didn't read it so it didn't unlock. Or else its a bug.

Is your account a free-to-play account? I have one F2P account alongside my normal ones and my F2P account didn't receive the mail about it, though I still got the freebie key from the NPC at the docks but the Blood in the Water achievement remains absent after murdering a few krait in Caledon Forest. Not sure why since this content appears to have nothing to do with current expansion stuff. I'm wondering if this is an oversight or bug, and if not, why would it be denied to F2P players? Or maybe my F2P account just hasn't done something that's required to kick it off, though I have no idea what it is.

edit: noticed the quote wasn't from the OP. Well, anyway, most of the junk above still stands.

edit#2: Hmm...also just noticed that my F2P account doesn't even HAVE a daily category for this event, so for whatever oddball reason, and despite all of it being within the bounds of the base game, it looks like F2P accounts are being denied (full) participation in this one. Yay?

I don't think it's just F2P. My alt account is a paid basic account with HoT and I had a level 16 toon. Couldn't see the daily. Boosted a new toon to 80 and unlocked HoT masteries. Purchase PoF and unlocked those masteries too. Talked to the dude in Lion's Arch several times. Zoned in and out of LA several times. Closed/restarted GW2 a couple times but still can't see the daily. Maybe it will appear this evening after server reset but if not then I'm stumped and frustrated.

Hi, everyone!

There's something I probably need to clarify... I have the full base game, no expansions for that alt account.I have spoken to the new NPC and have gone through all of their dialogue...

I do not have any level 80 characters on that account yet, which makes me think this might be an issue. Perhaps I'll get the mail once I hit level 80 and only after the server resets... (maybe it does a check for a level 80 character on account before sending the event mail upon server reset?) That's all I have left to go on at the moment.

However, it does seem like getting the mail unlocks this daily, but I wonder what triggers it. I still haven't gotten my mail for it yet. Thanks for your replies!

@Elliyana.8936 said:Hi, everyone!

There's something I probably need to clarify... I have the full base game, no expansions for that alt account.I have spoken to the new NPC and have gone through all of their dialogue...

I do not have any level 80 characters on that account yet, which makes me think this might be an issue. Perhaps I'll get the mail once I hit level 80 and only after the server resets... (maybe it does a check for a level 80 character on account before sending the event mail upon server reset?) That's all I have left to go on at the moment.

However, it does seem like getting the mail unlocks this daily, but I wonder what triggers it. I still haven't gotten my mail for it yet. Thanks for your replies!

I think the requitement is having at least one level 80 character.

I'm beginning to think this, as well. No sign of it on my F2P account where I have a L46 character (and a low level temp character). More telling is that it APPEARS the people are not getting swim speed infusions from sunken chests except with L80 characters (as anecdotally claimed on another thread, and personally seen from my three accounts which have apparently wasted some infusions since all of them opened the first chest or two with sub-L80 characters getting zero infusions, and all subsequent chests opened with L80s getting 3-4 infusions). From an event design perspective this makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to my little monkey brain, but it seems connected to why some are seeing the daily and some aren't.

• 2 years later...