46-59K dps. Brace yourselves for the inevitable nerf sledgehammer.

Daedraz.1650

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally want to see where this build balances out it's dps... 4 million is too short of a life span. It spikes hard at the start due to full boons and the firebrand venom, but the entire rest of the fight it scales down heavily. Over 4 million it loses 12k dps. I want to see where it meets middle ground, and that is where I'd like to see the dps marker. Weaver on the other hand seems to scale up as time goes on.

Also remember, during expac releases, the new stuff is always better, then it'll be slowly nerfed as time goes on.

Ashes of Just (Quickfire and Tome of Justice #5) given to other targets add to your own damage. This is a major component of the DPS. It works similarly as Thief venoms. Together with Renewed Focus you can apply quite a lot of stacks of Ashes of Just within a short span of time. Quickfire gives 10 burn stacks every 10 seconds and Tome of Justice skill five gives 15 burn stacks (you need 4 others around you, hence the chrono in the video). But as others have mentioned once Tome of Justice is on cool down and you can't trigger Renewed Focus the damage will start to drop until Renewed Focus is back up again or you somehow trigger Renewed Justice trait.

I wonder whether Ashes of Just relies on the condition damage & duration from the Firebrand or from others? Wiki says it depends on the stats of others (unverified). Since the Chrono looks naked in the video the DPS could be even higher than shown.

@Sorin Noroku.5342 said:I personally want to see where this build balances out it's dps... 4 million is too short of a life span. It spikes hard at the start due to full boons and the firebrand venom, but the entire rest of the fight it scales down heavily. Over 4 million it loses 12k dps. I want to see where it meets middle ground, and that is where I'd like to see the dps marker. Weaver on the other hand seems to scale up as time goes on.

Also remember, during expac releases, the new stuff is always better, then it'll be slowly nerfed as time goes on.

In many bosses the initial burst is more important because by the time it levels out the boss would have phased or died, like vg, gors, kc, sam... Higher burst = shorter dps phase = making strong burst even more valuable

Usually, when people warn you about nerfs by putting this sort of things, these are the people that intentionally want a nerf, it's just a little inconvenient to say outright "nerf them please! " . Can't ever beat them? get them nerfed. Obviously people above already point out the fallacy in the OP's argument. Bursts are not sustainable and even out over time. And of course, may I add, in real game play, there are only few things outside of dumb AI to sit there in one place idly to let you play your full skits on them. These numbers are nothing but idealistic at best. By same logic then Condi cleans, protections and dodging are OP too, because they can bail out of of these OP bursts.

Did they change Ashes to a venom?

I saw somewhere that there's a bug with the stat conversion traits, in that they count all stats, instead of only base+gear like they used to before PoF. So, the Zeal power-to-condi trait counts all the power you get from might,banners and EA, so it gives more condi damage than it should.

Not that that alone explains this whole situation, but it's part of it.

@IonoI.3956 said:

@Sorin Noroku.5342 said:I personally want to see where this build balances out it's dps... 4 million is too short of a life span. It spikes hard at the start due to full boons and the firebrand venom, but the entire rest of the fight it scales down heavily. Over 4 million it loses 12k dps. I want to see where it meets middle ground, and that is where I'd like to see the dps marker. Weaver on the other hand seems to scale up as time goes on.

In many bosses the initial burst is more important because by the time it levels out the boss would have phased or died, like vg, gors, kc, sam... Higher burst = shorter dps phase = making strong burst even more valuable

While I understand this, and it makes it incredible for things that require a burst (read KC), I'm still curious where the middle ground of DPS lies, even if it's just for a curiousity sake. Also with high burst and dps, things like Samarog or Sloth would be more difficult, as you may not have your breaks fast enough and some pugs already can't break before this dps. This isn't excluding that higher dps means easier raid, just that I'm curious where it stops going up and down and plateaus out. Now on ANY fight with adds, this build becomes INSANELY INSANELY powerful, as every add killed will refresh your justice tome (which I love). So Sabetha, Xera, Sloth, Trio, MAYBE VG considering seekers, possibly gorseval too, would all love to have a firebrand at their sides. Even if the damage was nerfed, the refreshing tome ability makes it a good contender.

@Zenith.7301 said:The funny thing is this firebrand rotation is infinitely easier than the weaver one, and weaver provides zero utility to the group whatsoever.

While FB do have access to lots of utility , u have to sacrifice dps for that. Either u're fully invested in burns or u deal sub-par dmg while providing support to ur allies. U can't have the best of both specs, which is gd since it forces players to choose.

@Zenith.7301 said:The funny thing is this firebrand rotation is infinitely easier than the weaver one, and weaver provides zero utility to the group whatsoever.

they both need a serious 50% damage reduction across all the top skills. Like they did with Ice Bow 4.There was a 75k burn tic, did you see it? Most classes take 3 seconds to do that damage, and that was only from the burning.

@Kidel.2057 said:kitten, I told them countless times before release. How is the balance team worse then a normal player at balancing stuff?We have Weaver and Firebrand basically kitten on every other class in terms of DPS. They have almost 2 times the dps of other classes.

Weaver's massive damage is contingent on a large hitbox--it's just staff Tempest turned up to 11. On a smaller hitbox, power Weaver is garbage, and condition Weaver isn't too much better than condition Tempest (it's better, but not crazily so). A burning-focused Weaver against the same small hitbox as this Firebrand build currently parses at around 35-37k; a power Weaver does less than 30k.

I worry that the whole Weaver spec will get nerfed because staff overperforms against a specific kind of target.

From my perspective at least, what I'd like to see is these large hitbox multi-hit skills being reevaluated again, for any profession that has them. It leads to these massively inflated DPS numbers that make any balance discussion really difficult to have.

Archived