100CM and future CMs

zealex.9410

@Malediktus.9250 said:100 cm is easy, when I pug it, it is a no death run 2/3rd of the time. 99cm on the other hand... I cannot remember when I saw a no death run for it. Probably never. I think 99 cm is harder than most raid encounters even, it should get a no deaths achievement like 100cm.

Speaking as a druid, 99cm has a metric ton more damage output on part of bosses and mobs with more mechanics than just "stack your way to victory" like 100cm.

100cm just like this game's bad design virtually allows you to skip mechanics with high enough DPS/burst, which defeats the whole point of an encounter testing for skill in handling mechanics.

In 100 cm artsariv and the first boss are supposed to punish stacking via the former's enrage phase and artsariv's stomps and knockback balls, but with an auramancer/magi druid and some stability from a firebrand you can virtually just facetank everything and not lose more than 1/3 your health which is promptly healed up.

In 99 you can't do this because several mechanisms place poison, force you to split up to handle separate tasks, and the mobs just do more damage in general. The bullet hell or the second boss's clockwise bullet rain will wreck you and lead to a wipe if you're not good about avoiding damage. MAMA's later phase also hits much harder than any boss on 100 CM.

100 CM also gives you a mechanics that virtually allows you to become immune to spikes of damage and in the last boss provides free large CC so you can just load even more DPS utilities instead which lead to the obvious phase skip scenarios and being able to bypass the challenge of handling the balls that leave the void zones.

The fact that the red orbs over his head can be entirely taken out of the fight with the use of a fairly low cd special action key removes a lot of the challenge of the fight because the point of those balls is to reduce the amount of space you have to dodge the other telegraphs, especially at the later phase with the panel disappearance or his swap to hammer phase.

Same goes for the elites themselves, they pose no threat when you can just open with hypernova launch and blow them up before they even have the chance to do something against you.

This game allows too much ignoring of threatening mechanics and it completely devalues usage of CC/defensive utilities outside letting the chrono group distort since you can just sit damage on a boss while ignoring most mechanics. Mechanics should not be skippable, period.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:100 cm is easy, when I pug it, it is a no death run 2/3rd of the time. 99cm on the other hand... I cannot remember when I saw a no death run for it. Probably never. I think 99 cm is harder than most raid encounters even, it should get a no deaths achievement like 100cm.

Speaking as a druid, 99cm has a metric ton more damage output on part of bosses and mobs with more mechanics than just "stack your way to victory" like 100cm.

100cm just like this game's bad design virtually allows you to skip mechanics with high enough DPS/burst, which defeats the whole point of an encounter testing for skill in handling mechanics.

In 100 cm artsariv and the first boss are supposed to punish stacking via the former's enrage phase and artsariv's stomps and knockback kitten, but with an auramancer/magi druid and some stability from a firebrand you can virtually just facetank everything and not lose more than 1/3 your health which is promptly healed up.

In 99 you can't do this because several mechanisms place poison, force you to split up to handle separate tasks, and the mobs just do more damage in general. The bullet hell or the second boss's clockwise bullet rain will wreck you and lead to a wipe if you're not good about avoiding damage. MAMA's later phase also hits much harder than any boss on 100 CM.

100 CM also gives you a mechanics that virtually allows you to become immune to spikes of damage and in the last boss provides free large CC so you can just load even more DPS utilities instead which lead to the obvious phase skip scenarios and being able to bypass the challenge of handling the kitten that leave the void zones.

The fact that the red orbs over his head can be entirely taken out of the fight with the use of a fairly low cd special action key removes a lot of the challenge of the fight because the point of those kitten is to reduce the amount of space you have to dodge the other telegraphs, especially at the later phase with the panel disappearance or his swap to hammer phase.

Same goes for the elites themselves, they pose no threat when you can just open with hypernova launch and blow them up before they even have the chance to do something against you.

This game allows too much ignoring of threatening mechanics and it completely devalues usage of CC/defensive utilities outside letting the chrono group distort since you can just sit damage on a boss while ignoring most mechanics. Mechanics should not be skippable, period.Well said, I was too lazy to type up this. I always laugh at people who claim that 99 cm is easier than 100cm. 99 cm is both harder and longer.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

In 100 cm artsariv and the first boss are supposed to punish stacking via the former's enrage phase and artsariv's stomps and knockback kitten, but with an auramancer/magi druid and some stability from a firebrand you can virtually just facetank everything and not lose more than 1/3 your health which is promptly healed up.

100 CM also gives you a mechanics that virtually allows you to become immune to spikes of damage and in the last boss provides free large CC so you can just load even more DPS utilities instead which lead to the obvious phase skip scenarios and being able to bypass the challenge of handling the kitten that leave the void zones.

The fact that the red orbs over his head can be entirely taken out of the fight with the use of a fairly low cd special action key removes a lot of the challenge of the fight because the point of those kitten is to reduce the amount of space you have to dodge the other telegraphs, especially at the later phase with the panel disappearance or his swap to hammer phase.

This game allows too much ignoring of threatening mechanics and it completely devalues usage of CC/defensive utilities outside letting the chrono group distort since you can just sit damage on a boss while ignoring most mechanics. Mechanics should not be skippable, period.Well said, I was too lazy to type up this. I always laugh at people who claim that 99 cm is easier than 100cm. 99 cm is both harder and longer.

uh, i pug 99cm regularly just fine, and havent done 100cm even once ( i missed launch, and now everyone wants 328570392 kp or gtfo, similar to raiding)i find 99 easy, as 100 is clusterfuck of flashing lights everywhere and i cant see wth is going on at times. also the lava orbs that can insta down you, without indication where they'll be thrown is annoying.

but hey, it all goes down to visual noise that, instead of reducing it, anet throws more and more at us

@zaw.6741 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

uh, i pug 99cm regularly just fine, and havent done 100cm even once ( i missed launch, and now everyone wants 328570392 kp or gtfo, similar to raiding)i find 99 easy, as 100 is kitten of flashing lights everywhere and i cant see wth is going on at times. also the lava orbs that can insta down you, without indication where they'll be thrown is annoying.

but hey, it all goes down to visual noise that, instead of reducing it, anet throws more and more at us

....what?

The lava orbs launch in your direction once they disappear from Arkk's head, and can be entirely negated by using hypernova launch as soon as the orb disappears from his head. 100CM has pretty obvious tells. The only problem is when the enrage icon pops above the boss's head and it covers up the fear beam eye on top of his head, that's it.

100cm is not hard, it's quite reasonable and somewhat easy imo. cuz it's already been nerfed once. it was difficult then but now you can avoid most of the damage if you watch bosses animation and time yourself well. everything is balanced, except the bug on anomaly can be annoying to some groups.i like the way it is because it's a cm, it supposes to give people a challenge. and not 10/10 people have a title for finishing it.i want to see future cm are as good as what we have right now for 99cm and 100cm, and not easier. btw, 100cm is easier than 99cm for so many reasons.

@Zenith.7301 said:....what?The lava orbs launch in your direction once they disappear from Arkk's head, and can be entirely negated by using hypernova launch as soon as the orb disappears from his head. 100CM has pretty obvious tells. The only problem is when the enrage icon pops above the boss's head and it covers up the fear beam eye on top of his head, that's it.

To each their own. I prefer to just use feedback/distortion(traited) to handle that part. Worst case scenario can even jump in the hitbox with dejavu active.

sadly i never done any of the CM mean i know its alot of CC, but most the time people want be elitist requiring something stupid like a title or link a potion which is really stupid, or i get yelled at cause i am the one surviving and getting yelled at by someone complaining about dps while they are wearing glass gear and dead on the floor who is basically the issue that has a dps meter which in my opinion should be kept to raid testing only. does not mean i no want to do them but eh just no drive too, plus i hear next one may have a fractal token sink sooo.

@ZerotheFang.5890 said:sadly i never done any of the CM mean i know its alot of CC, but most the time people want be elitist requiring something stupid like a title or link a potion which is really stupid, or i get yelled at cause i am the one surviving and getting yelled at by someone complaining about dps while they are wearing glass gear and dead on the floor who is basically the issue that has a dps meter which in my opinion should be kept to raid testing only. does not mean i no want to do them but eh just no drive too, plus i hear next one may have a fractal token sink sooo.

May i suggest forming your own group....

It solves a lot more issues than complaining about other groups and how you cannot adapt to work with them.

I completed my first 100CM run this weekend, and found it actually really rewarding to master the mechanics. Felt less RNG/twitchy than 99CM. Very fun challenge to do with guildies.

However, it is a bit long for a fractal. I wouldn't want to do any fractal longer than that, and I wouldn't do fractals at all if the majority were even close to that long.

i like to add i just did my first CM 99 it took 6x hrs to get a good/decent team, i suck as an engi who is now no longer using any my AR ever again going to ele or my thief idk which decide after spam spvp for couple hours. also the elitist crud from some people cause they can't read plz help get title i am new at this and yelling at me and dying on purpose to yell at me read the description and help out if not leave and get your own room do not go calling out a person asking for help. i hope there never is another CM mode its full of elitist people who are no help to anyone and need there own server, its like going into a 8hr+ raid in another game and asking if you have a hat that has a 2% drop that maybe 1 person in your hole team has. To those that helped me deal with the last boss, thanks for everything you are great. I am never entering this mode ever again and I could care less about it a new fractal having this mode ever again.

@Sister Saxifrage.7361 said:I completed my first 100CM run this weekend, and found it actually really rewarding to master the mechanics. Felt less RNG/twitchy than 99CM. Very fun challenge to do with guildies.

However, it is a bit long for a fractal. I wouldn't want to do any fractal longer than that, and I wouldn't do fractals at all if the majority were even close to that long.

Interesting i have the exact opposite opinion. The first 2 bosses are great but I find Arkk too much of a chaos that lacks consistency, it has too much visual noise and too many cheap one-shot attacks that even though they have tells the visual insanity around the boss makes it difficult to see. And thats excluding the bugs that can ruin the instance. I think nightmare is much more rewarding with much more robust mechanics to learn. I think nightmare CM is of the best PvE content they made. I only killed arkk, on the other hand for the achievement and if guildes ask for help. Otherwise its really not fun to run him at all for me.

Archived