How about using any wardrobe head item with an outift?

I'll admit. I rarely scour the forums, so i dont know if this has been done to death or not.

Since you can (thankfully) make head pieces invisible on outfits, how come it's still impossible to replace them with the currently equiped head item?There's plenty of outfits i would like to use, but the hoods/helmets/whatever dont do it for me and having nothing there makes it feel a bit empty, especially with all the cool headgear you can use at this point. So i end up not using them all that much even if i buy them.

Again, I dont know if there was any reason stated as to why we dont't have that option already, but it would really make outfits way better and more viable for Fashion Wars.This is serious buisness.

This used to be possible in GW1. It would be great if it was made possible in GW2 too. :)There are some really great outfit headpieces too though, so being able to toggle either the headpiece or the rest of the outfit to go with your normal wardrobe gear would be even more amazing. :D

I'm sure lots of us would like to be able to do this. I doubt ANet will decide to do so because it's a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface.

The very point of outfits is that they are not mix & match. In effect they are a fifth weight of armor (light, medium, heavy, and town clothes, which no longer are in game). Although it might look as if some outfits are easily matched, they'd actually have to create the mechanic to make it possible and retrofit existing skins to work with the new system. Whatever cost that might be, adding such a system would then add to the cost of developing new helmets and outfits, which defeats the purpose of outfits from a design point of view: they are intended to be quicker and easier than mix & match.

It was different in GW1 for many reasons, including: "outfits" weren't the same in GW1, they were designed to work separately from headgear, and most importantly, everything was simpler in GW1 because the weren't as many effects and types of motion in the game. (e.g. fabric didn't flow)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm sure lots of us would like to be able to do this. I doubt ANet will decide to do so because it's a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface.

The very point of outfits is that they are not mix & match. In effect they are a fifth weight of armor (light, medium, heavy, and town clothes, which no longer are in game). Although it might look as if some outfits are easily matched, they'd actually have to create the mechanic to make it possible and retrofit existing skins to work with the new system. Whatever cost that might be, adding such a system would then add to the cost of developing new helmets and outfits, which defeats the purpose of outfits from a design point of view: they are intended to be quicker and easier than mix & match.

It was different in GW1 for many reasons, including: "outfits" weren't the same in GW1, they were designed to work separately from headgear, and most importantly, everything was simpler in GW1 because the weren't as many effects and types of motion in the game. (e.g. fabric didn't flow)

Except there was a glitch some time back where you could trick the outfit to show your normal Helm, while toggling the outfit on and off while in the water, and hiding the helm.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm sure lots of us would like to be able to do this. I doubt ANet will decide to do so because it's a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface.

I'm pretty sure, with how some of the outfits look after you turn helmets off, that the head pieces and everything else are completely seperate. All that needs to be done is allow your equipped headpiece to show while the body's covered by the outfit. And then there's no need to redesign anything. Half the armor skins are clipping with others anyways xd.

Archived