Living World Season 4 Episode 3 - Roller Beetle Collection Bug - Alpha Beetle

The Alpha Beetle won't spawn in the Far Silverwastes. I waited for about half an hour and many of the hundred or so other people there said they'd been there for more than an hour. In a screenshot of the Alpha Beetle event I saw that the Mordrem event was not active, the one where you need to kill four Mordrem bosses in the area. It was active on the map I was on. So we went looking for the Mordrem, but the fourth one never spawned, so that event could not finish. I think this is blocking the Alpha Beetle from spawning and halting the collection. The only way to get around this seems to be with a different map of Silverwastes (and the problem could just repeat there), but if there is no other map at the time, you cannot complete the collection.

I know it spawns under normal circumstances (I've seen people with the Roller Beetle so obviously it does). But I think its spawn can be blocked if this Mordrem event bugs. I was there for about half an hour, and those that had been there for over an hour all said the same thing. It never spawned. Missing it I'd understand, especially given how many players were there. At no point did the event pop up, even for a half second. At no point did the players swarm one location and unload all their skills. We just stood around and wandered around a bit, but no one killed the Alpha Beetle. I came back half an hour later and all anyone was talking about was that it was bugged, and that Mordrem event was still up.

I did get it in the end but only when I came back about 2 hours later and that bugged event was gone (presumably because it was a different version of the map where it never bugged). It's possible to get it, but if that event bugs it either will never spawn or you need to switch map I think, because I don't think Alpha Beetle event can appear while Mordrem event is up.

Archived