(Spoiler) Theory of Joko after LWS4 Ep3 (Spoiler)

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Nah, he's gone, they had already stretched his presence too long apparently. He's gone, if anything Aurene will get more powerful from absorbing his magic.

Joko’s Future (Spoiler): We had other story debt we needed to pay off this season, and a limited number of episodes in which to do it. We kept him around as long as we could justify to tie up his arc from PoF, but we couldn’t make him the main threat this season.Source

Of course this can all be a ruse by the devs to throw us off and have a major twist in the story.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently, at the last minute, they [including a certain person from a twitter backlash] rewrote the entire Joko arc and having Aurene eat Joko was made solely to let us know she was starting to become different [although a simple "Aurene seems a lot more aggressive suddenly" being said by the characters would've been far better than to kill off Joko just for that].

That just makes no sense to me. Are you saying they wrote themselves into such a bad corner that they had to kill him off? Hell, even WoW has been able to balance Old Gods, The Burning Legion, the war between Alliance and Horde and multiple other enemies [Lich King, Deathwing, Garrosh, an entire alternate Horde] without any issues

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Ephemiel.5694" said:So apparently, at the last minute, they [including a certain person from a twitter backlash] rewrote the entire Joko arc

Where was that mentioned out of curiosity?

I believe they're referring to this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8vm8jv/living_world_season_4_long_live_the_lich_devs/e1oj7w5/

When I came in, the Living World team was in the midst of rebreaking the overall S4 arc. A bunch of work had already been done for Eps 1-3, and they were already in production, so we couldn't start from scratch.

(And a bit more than that), which basically means that they had a draft, but were reworking the plot from that draft when JP got onto the team (which was around July of last year; the same month One Path Ends got released). They had already intended to include Joko in S4 at that time, and apparently in the rewrite they stretched out Joko's appearance from an unknown amount to three episodes, and toyed with the idea of him being killed off in the middle of Episode 4. Because, apparently, they were on a time crunch of how much to fit into Season 4, and for some reason cannot expand the length of LW seasons.

@"Randulf.7614" said:Sounds like they were trying to cram too much in.

Seems like it. Same issue that Season 3 had, in fact. One would think they'd not make the same mistake.

And given the post, we're going to get Kralkatorrik as the "apparent end foe of Season 4", but likely to get a new threat inbetween or aloneside. Which would, like Season 3, mean three+ major threats (S3 had White Mantle plot, Primodus+Jormag duo plot, and Balthazar plot). If I were to guess, I'm betting the Order of Shadows will prove to be that "spoiler antagonist" and will attempt to usurp control of Elona in the upcoming power vacuum.

Though there's also been some not-so-subtle hints that we'll be seeing more Awakened topics, including the Wurmmarshal.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Sounds like they were trying to cram too much in.

Seems like it. Same issue that Season 3 had, in fact. One would think they'd not make the same mistake.

And given the post, we're going to get Kralkatorrik as the "apparent end foe of Season 4", but likely to get a new threat inbetween or aloneside. Which would, like Season 3, mean three+ major threats (S3 had White Mantle plot, Primodus+Jormag duo plot, and Balthazar plot). If I were to guess, I'm betting the Order of Shadows will prove to be that "spoiler antagonist" and will attempt to usurp control of Elona in the upcoming power vacuum.

Though there's also been some not-so-subtle hints that we'll be seeing more Awakened topics, including the Wurmmarshal.

That all sounds good, done over 9 episodes as it seems the season will have

Archived