How we all really feel about Mesmer

Nighthawk.4687

@mortrialus.3062 said:I thought people playing other PvP Games were so happy though?

Well some companies prefer to ruin balance to help people that dont know or dont want to learn most stuff and gain trust of those players by carrying them, that is what Anet also is doing here.And gimmick gameplay towards imbalance and metas is by definition the opposite path for a skilled gameplay, new players love that cause they will htrow all the money they have to feel rewarded.

It alienates players that are hoping to find decent pvp gameplay..

Sidenote: the only game dev's in the mmo industry that i might respect since i know some of them(not in person lol, i wish i could be their code monkey ) are the developers of ashes of creaton that hate this kinda of buffs, towards gimmicks and patches that makes classes meta just because they are powercreeped for casuals, or to make game pretend has a meta just because sounds cool.

TDLR: it all about of the true sound of balance towards gimmicks, $$$$$$$, the same hapened to street figther.

@Legatus.3608 said:thats me when im reading every patch notes about deadeye

Also reason gw2 is one of the worses pvp games ever done, and u dont have the same boom nor streamers.Gw2 is just pretty at the eyes, nothing more.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:I thought people playing other PvP Games were so happy though?

Well some companies prefer to ruin balance to help people that dont know or dont want to learn most stuff and gain trust of those players by carrying them, that is what Anet also is doing here.And gimmick gameplay towards imbalance and metas is by definition the opposite path for a skilled gameplay, new players love that cause they will htrow all the money they have to feel rewarded.

It alienates players that are hoping to find decent pvp gameplay..

Sidenote: the only game dev's in the mmo industry that i might respect since i know some of them(not in person lol, i wish i could be their code monkey ) are the developers of ashes of creaton that hate this kinda of buffs, towards gimmicks and patches that makes classes meta just because they are powercreeped for casuals, or to make game pretend has a meta just because sounds cool.

TDLR: it all about of the true sound of balance towards gimmicks, $$$$$$$, the same hapened to street figther.

that just make me wana quit GW2 but i am addicted to iti love GW2 Open World , Fractals of the Mists , achievments and underwater contents (but their is few underwater content T_T)Raid not so much because my main suck in Raids (but we have now split and i hope ANET buffs the DPS for some profession in PVE only)

Dungeons i like them as a meme (love to see ANET make them great again)and the things that make me sad is WVW and SPVP because i feel i am not just fight my opponent player but also the system and its frustration when you go to queue and you have to deal with that

Whenever I see a Mesmer in the opponent’s team, I relog on my core (f2p) Warrior with fullcleanse spec and spam /laugh on point while tunneling 7k Rampage skills. If all the SBs out there get their heads out of their rears and realize that Core > SB ( ifyou don’t want to snooze on passives),well you kids wouldn’t be complaining about Mirages so much.

We get it Mirage is OP,ANet has acknowledged that it’s OP, it will be nerfed in some way for sure, likely with Condi thief right next to it and we’ll all move on to the next broken spec. I say Bruiser Holo or Core warr because OMGWTFBBQWENTONFIRE!

@"mortrialus.3062" said:I thought people playing other PvP Games were so happy though?

The difference between other games and GW2 isn't that balance is better in other games, it is that it changes faster.

People don't wait 6 months for obviously broken things to get fixed or adjusted. Those games run on a monthly, or faster, balance patch cadence.

Those games (LOL/DoTA in particular) also have much larger quarterly balance patches with dozens of "builds (Heroes/Champions) getting adjusted at once. I think DoTAs last patch changed something like 90 of 110 heroes. They then tweak the patch between bi-weekly and monthly to make mostly minor balance changes to address the largest issues.

TL;DR: 1 Quarter of Riot/Valve patches makes more tweaks than 5 years of ArenaNet.

@Xae.7204 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:I thought people playing other PvP Games were so happy though?

The difference between other games and GW2 isn't that balance is better in other games, it is that it changes faster.

People don't wait 6 months for obviously broken things to get fixed or adjusted. Those games run on a monthly, or faster, balance patch cadence.

Those games (LOL/DoTA in particular) also have much larger quarterly balance patches with dozens of "builds (Heroes/Champions) getting adjusted at once. I think DoTAs last patch changed something like 90 of 110 heroes. They then tweak the patch between bi-weekly and monthly to make mostly minor balance changes to address the largest issues.

TL;DR: 1 Quarter of Riot/Valve patches makes more tweaks than 5 years of ArenaNet.

This. It seems like they run their balancing with a waterfall model behind a long release cycle which seems counter productive. When you're trying to balance a physical scale you don't spend months calculating how much sand to add to each side, instead you at a little sand at a time and see what happens then quickly add a little more. I'm sure there is some business reason behind not switching over to something like a two week/one month dev cycle but I think it really cripples the viability of the games PvP. It's better that they change things quickly, break them, then quickly change them again than try to factor out all the balance implications over months while the community sits in the dark with (news flash) already broken system. The system will always be a little broken too, prefect balance is pretty much impossible so the solution would be to change balance often so it can be more closely brought it line and there is no one imbalanced abused for too long.

! This is just the lowly opinion of a software developer from a small company

EDIT: More ranting. The community would not be nearly as upset (still have some that will be) either if they knew they only had to deal with issues for 2-3 weeks. It's not just the fact that mesmer is broken right now that frustrates people, it's knowing that it's not going to change any time soon. Sure, ANET has addressed that they recognize the problem but that doesn't fix anything. This would also give people more of a reason to play not-as-meta classes that they actually enjoy instead of having to hop to the new flavor of the balance patch to be competitive. "Oh, {insert class} might get buffed in the next month or two and be meta I might as well stick with and play what I enjoy." Granted people can play whatever they want anyways and should play all the professions to be competitive but when you're forced into playing professions you don't enjoy for long periods of time this burns you out on the game. Ok, rant done for now

@Xae.7204 said:

Dont forget Hotfixes

Archived