60,000 damage from 1 ability, is that normal?

ceces.9368

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@urdriel.8496 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:second image, he killed you "twice",first one you wasnt in downed state, and second one you was in downed. and in downed you receive more damage.

No, I wasn't in downed state. Reason you think he killed me twice is because that log on the right hand side will tell you when you kill someone(Not in downed state) and then when you kill them in downed state.

If you'd like, you can use a dueling map with a friend and test it.

And even if I was in downed state, that was maul, which still hit me for a silly amount(20,000)What got me in downed state was that 60,000 damage world impact

actually the log show when someone enter downed and when someone die .

No, it does not.Here you can see, I let a stag down me. Nothing on the log at all about going in downed state:https://i.imgur.com/eUZfP42.png

@ceces.9368 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:second image, he killed you "twice",first one you wasnt in downed state, and second one you was in downed. and in downed you receive more damage.

No, I wasn't in downed state. Reason you think he killed me twice is because that log on the right hand side will tell you when you kill someone(Not in downed state) and then when you kill them in downed state.

And even if I was in downed state, that was maul, which still hit me for a silly amount(20,000)What got me in downed state was that 60,000 damage world impact

No, it does not.Here you can see, I let a stag down me. Nothing on the log at all about going in downed state:

bottom right corner of the screen.

@urdriel.8496 said:

No, it does not.Here you can see, I let a stag down me. Nothing on the log at all about going in downed state:

That's not the log and when I took the screen shot, he had already killed me. He world impacted me, then mauled me in downed state for 20,000 damage and I was dead, waiting to respawn. You can even see that in the screen shot.

@ceces.9368 said:

That's not the log and when I took the screen shot, he had already killed me. He world impacted me, then mauled me in downed state for 20,000 damage and I was dead, waiting to respawn. You can even see that in the screen shot.

You know the name of that ranger, pm him and perhaps he will be kind enough to tell you how he was able to do that damage, i can say that 37k damage is possible, hard to achieve, but posible.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:It is not normal, it should not happen, but it is possible without any kind of cheating. Which makes it only a problem to be solved that will hopefully be addressed eventually.

But how . The maul i can believe, but even in the most recent power sb benchmark video anarii only manages 45k WI at highest. That's with PvE buffs on demand. How could you fairly manage 57k in sPvP, where everything is weaker in general and no food buffs?

I just want to see someone recreate this.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:It is not normal, it should not happen, but it is possible without any kind of cheating. Which makes it only a problem to be solved that will hopefully be addressed eventually.

But
how
. The maul i can believe, but even in the most recent power sb benchmark video anarii only manages 45k WI at highest. That's with PvE buffs on demand. How could you fairly manage 57k in sPvP, where everything is weaker in general and no food buffs?

I just want to see someone recreate this.

doing tests one guildie hit me with for 43k , if i had had 25 stack of weakness, im sure that he could had reach 55k easily, bonus damage in this damage is absurd.

We dont know which secondary weapon was using the ranger, with the right trait ( Moment of Clarity) if you interrupt someone you can add 50% more damage to your next attack , that normally make the damage to skyrocket.

@"urdriel.8496" said:doing tests one guildie hit me with for 43k , if i had had 25 stack of weakness, im sure that he could had reach 55k easily, bonus damage in this damage is absurd.

We dont know which secondary weapon was using the ranger, with the right trait ( Moment of Clarity) if you interrupt someone you can add 50% more damage to your next attack , that normally make the damage to skyrocket.

The way OP makes it sound though is that the ranger came out if stealth with wordly impact and instadowned them. Where was the time to add 25 vuln?

Anarii test golem also has 25 vuln and uses moment of clarity too :/

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:Some people missing the point....30K to 60K damage on a single skill is a huge joke, no matter how much prep time you need or the kinds of mix between traits+sigils+runes+utility skill+etc...people defending this is the reason the game is in such bad state.

This so much. At some point u gotta say enough is enough with the damage.

Worldy impact is not even single target.

If the punishment for " kitten up " is taking 3 times worth base warrior hp damage. Then something is wrong here.

And lets be real here at this point its not getting hitThat is an absurd standard.

Its bad in spvp, but even way worse in wvw where power creep is at its finest.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@"urdriel.8496" said:doing tests one guildie hit me with for 43k , if i had had 25 stack of weakness, im sure that he could had reach 55k easily, bonus damage in this damage is absurd.

The way OP makes it sound though is that the ranger came out if stealth with wordly impact and instadowned them. Where was the time to add 25 vuln?

@"Felipe.1807" said:Some people missing the point....30K to 60K damage on a single skill is a huge joke, no matter how much prep time you need or the kinds of mix between traits+sigils+runes+utility skill+etc...people defending this is the reason the game is in such bad state.

If the punishment for " kitten up " is taking 3 times worth base warrior hp damage. Then something is wrong here.

And lets be real here at this point its not getting hitThat is an absurd standard.

this game classes and damage is absurd........... a thief hit me yesterday for 16k with Backstab , and i had 2689 armor , so, im not surprised about this kind of damage, bonus damage is multiplicative, so, sometimes you get absurd damage.

with 3k power and tooltip of 2.161 in Wordly , i hit people for 9-10k if i can land it , and im not even using more than 1 or 2 ,offensive traits.

Ranger troll one shot build has always existed, before we had maul troll build and now people is using Wordly impact, ranger traits are pure trash compared to other classes, but hey , nerf wordly impact xD

@JayAction.9056 said:At this point it’s more like a WELL KNOWN FACT that soul beast is OP amongst people that are good at the game.

It’s just most rangers are either legimately a tad slow or they can’t be bothered to find out what their skills do outside of auto attack.

Ranger for some reason has always attracted the worst players. The same way revenant attracts the best.

EDIT: Look at all the prior responses that somehow can’t see how easy it is to set up and land a 1 second cast time attack. Short bus material fam.

Soulbeast is 100% not op against actual good players.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:yeah, and people used to complain about back stab...a single target skill and are defending a skill that does AoE damage and can hit up to 60K damage under the right setup...

Elementalist fire grab has been recorded to hit 100k. That is also a 5 person aoe. Ples nerf ele 2 then

yes, nerf % damage modifiers across all professions...I mean unless you dont care for balance or skillful gameplay and want to keep this spam fest and gimmick stuff going on.

@urdriel.8496 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:doing tests one guildie hit me with for 43k , if i had had 25 stack of weakness, im sure that he could had reach 55k easily, bonus damage in this damage is absurd.

this game classes and damage is absurd........... a thief hit me yesterday for 16k with Backstab , and i had 2689 armor , so, im not surprised about this kind of damage, bonus damage is multiplicative.

Sic Em shouldn't work on the ranger, only its pet. Damage multiplier is way too ridiculous.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:doing tests one guildie hit me with for 43k , if i had had 25 stack of weakness, im sure that he could had reach 55k easily, bonus damage in this damage is absurd.

this game classes and damage is absurd........... a thief hit me yesterday for 16k with Backstab , and i had 2689 armor , so, im not surprised about this kind of damage, bonus damage is multiplicative.

Sic Em shouldn't work on the ranger, only its pet. Damage multiplier is way too ridiculous.

Sic'em work on the ranger if you are melded with pet and the damage is nerfed to 25% instead of 40%, if you are not melded pet will receive a 40% to his damage, and as pet normally hit 1 of each 5 attack the boost is ridiculous.

@eksn.7264 said:

@"JayAction.9056" said:At this point it’s more like a
WELL KNOWN FACT
that soul beast is OP amongst people that are good at the game.

It’s just most rangers are either legimately a tad slow or they can’t be bothered to find out what their skills do outside of auto attack.

Ranger for some reason has always attracted the worst players. The same way revenant attracts the best.

EDIT:
Look at all the prior responses that somehow can’t see how easy it is to set up and land a 1 second cast time attack. Short bus material fam.

BS. A well played SB is strong even against what's considered "broken" aka condi mirage. You have ton of cc, longest range cheese in the game, disengages from stealth and mobility, evades and great condi management with wilderness survival/bear stance. You may not see many in spvp because you're forced to stand in a circle and that's not where SB shines, but in wvw its easily one of the best builds (and there's multiple variant of them) currently in the game.

@urdriel.8496 said:

Sic'em work on the ranger if you are melded with pet and the damage is nerfed to 25% instead of 40%, if you are not melded pet will receive a 40% to his damage, and as pet normally hit 1 of each 5 attack the boost is ridiculous.

I'm aware. SB shouldn't get any benefits from sic em when melded, they have enough damage multipliers and enough hard hitting attacks such as Maul, WI, etc.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

WELL KNOWN FACT

EDIT:
Look at all the prior responses that somehow can’t see how easy it is to set up and land a 1 second cast time attack. Short bus material fam.

BS. A well played SB is strong even against what's considered "broken" aka condi mirage. You have ton of cc, longest range cheese in the game, disengages from stealth and mobility, evades and great condi management with wilderness survival/bear stance. You may not see many in spvp because you're forced to stand in a circle and that's not where SB shines, but in wvw its easily one of the best builds (and there's multiple variant of them) currently in the game.

Man, you can hold your ground against some players with broken classes using a ranger (core,Sb or Dru), but with same skill level, Ranger class underperform.

Roaming any decent warrior,mesmer, thief ,holo will sweep the floor with a ranger.

-Longest range cheese means nothing when all classes have a 1200 gap closer, the only class that lack of it is necros, necros are by far, the easiest kill with a ranger.-Tons of ccs? Lb#4,1/2 from pet,2HS#5.-Stealth? if you are druid you must use AF, if not you can use LB#3 or combo with smokescale, LB#3 is buggy as hell (obstruct,evaded,blocked,sometimes enter in cd without using the skill, sometimes shot to the ground), and to combo with smokescale you must be really attentive to where is he,then press f2 and pray to Rng jesus, then you must combo the field to have the stealth, sometimes pets are in China, sometimes you jump from a box but the pet dont so when you use the f2 he is in a random place, and so on.....-Mobility? yeah, ranger have mobility (2HS#3,1HS#2,Staff#3,lightning Reflexes) but all other classes too, and better, except Guardian and Necro xDDD.-It is true that you can "manage" condis, but you must sacrifice damage to do it , i would only use Bear stance in pvp against a team full of condis, if not, heal as oneor troll unguent are superior by a big margin .

It is not a L2p issue, this is the reality of Ranger class in the actual State of Game.

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

I have to agree with this. SB is very much underrated. Yes, it might not me considered meta, but in a teamfight scenario a dps SB can do quite some work ...especially if they abuse terrain and there is nothing that can put some counterpressure on it (like a thief, rev or mirage). On maps with lots of open terrain (e.g. Colosseum or Legacy), getting targeted by a SB immediately puts you on the defensive and can force you disengage alltogether. Unstoppable union and a single Rapid Fire will even make FBs sweat.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

WELL KNOWN FACT

EDIT:

Well this is the sPvP forums, not WvW. I'm aware that soulbeast has a ton of offensive utility, but I think rev fills the same role better because of higher mobility and damage. Soulbeast probably has more sustained damage overall and has the advantage of being able to pressure from long range, but a rev would just end the fight faster anyways. It's not like soulbeast is bad or anything, a good player can do some serious work due to the shear amount of offensive utilities (tons of great CCs and AoE stealth rezzing). No one in high plat would say that soulbeast is anywhere near op though.

No, it is not normal, yes it is a fringe and extreme circumstance, and no, I don't know exactly how to reproduce a number that high.

As far as the rest of the thread goes, I'm not sure what the debate is about. No, a healthy game balance would not see the existence of 1 shot style builds, at least not without having multitudes of counterplay, first and foremost being that it shouldn't be a single hit if the ability to do so does exist.

At the same time, I understand why people are skeptical and defensive about ANets balancing. They don't exactly nail the target here, and when it isn't an underwhelming shave, it's a nerf in triplicate that hits the skills, traits, and cooldowns of everything all in one. And then they continue nerfing everything on top of the initial over-nerf on top of it.

@"ceces.9368" said:This ranger kept killing everyone on our team with 1 ability, he kept saying it's a known build and not a bug. I said i'd report him anyways and send in a ticket with screen shot logs. Here's my death log when I ran into him a few times

32,000 from the first hit: https://i.imgur.com/ShnZ2Rv.png

A few matches later, nearly 60,000: https://i.imgur.com/fWpGWGz.pngCombat log: https://i.imgur.com/z60XEm3.png

Edit: Since someone thinks I am trolling, here are the screen shots not cropped. I just tried to cover the names32,000 one:https://i.imgur.com/gB2tOH4.jpgYou can see my entire team complain about getting 1 shot

60,000 one:https://i.imgur.com/cjWC3wY.jpgCombat log:https://i.imgur.com/0TnbPsC.jpg

And for my build, it's blood scourge with sage amulet

Edit again:Before anyone says anything about the 60,000 damage hit, and buff being in the eternal coliseum, buffs spawn every 3 minutes. That was 1min, 40 seconds into the game when I got hit for that much. Buffs didn't even spawn yet, And even if he had the buff, 20% of 30,000 damage is only 6,000

Edit again:For those of you who said maul buffing him also had something to do with it, you can see in the 60,000 damage one, he mauled when I was downed, he worldly impacted me first to down me

And in the first image, the 32,000 damage one, he didn't even maul at all

I've been hit by this combo, as a full GLASS cannon and it only did 26k damage I was little shocked but I was complete glass. The combo is easy to pull off and somewhat tanky due to defensive abilities on the weapons all they do is when you're in range use the horn #5 and smokescale F2 then run at you and enter beast mode and hit worldly impact.

As vet ranger, I've got no god damn idea how someone could have landed 60k damage in SPvP from one skill, you would need a full stack of vulnerability every damage mod under the sun and blessing of the gods and even then I've still got no idea how someone could have hit you that hard.

@jcbroe.4329 said:No, it is not normal, yes it is a fringe and extreme circumstance, and no, I don't know exactly how to reproduce a number that high.

As far as the rest of the thread goes, I'm not sure what the debate is about. No, a healthy game balance would not see the existence of 1 shot style builds, at least not without having multitudes of counterplay, first and foremost being that it shouldn't be a single hit if the ability to do so does exist.

At the same time, I understand why people are skeptical and defensive about ANets balancing. They don't exactly nail the target here, and when it isn't an underwhelming shave, it's a nerf in triplicate that hits the skills, traits, and cooldowns of everything all in one. And then they continue nerfing everything on top of the initial over-nerf on top of it.

Lets normalize this number and say he hits for 12k AOE. Do you consider this being okay for a skill with 1sec casting time and 25sec CD?

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:No, it is not normal, yes it is a fringe and extreme circumstance, and no, I don't know exactly how to reproduce a number that high.

Lets
normalize
this number and say he hits for 12k AOE. Do you consider this being okay for a skill with 1sec casting time and 25sec CD?

Relative to what? Compared to just healthpools it's strong, but compared to Arcing Slice or Whirling Wrath it's in line or even slightly weaker.

In general, and this is completely my opinion based on anecdotal experience, I think that the game plays at its best when your average engagement lasts about 30 seconds before a decisive conclusion is reached. Too short or long indicates either a skill gap or a design imbalance.

Although that's anecdotal and is just an arbitrary metric, I do think that most people would agree that there is an engagement timeframe sweet spot in the game and that the game feels unfun when specs overperform in either direction.

Archived