Dumb Mistake - Advice?

Hi, late at night while attempting to delete a farming character, I misclicked and deleted a very well equiped character of many years. I guess I was tired and I do have the habit of typing things very quickly without thinking; well the point is that I screwed up....

Now, I understand that the Devs can restore characters lost to stupid mistakes such as this one, but what do I do? I've sent them a ticket asking them to restore it, but it's not clear to me if they'll ever answer. Has it happened before to someone in here, is sending them a ticket all I can do? Do they typically comply with their customer's wishes in this case?

@artemis.6781 said:I do know support is backed up. All I say is give it some time and do not start another ticket. That will cause even more delays. I have heard of people getting their deleted characters back.

Yes, I can confirm that. In fact, the person I know of that got a character back is @Steve The Cynic.3217 ... (I deleted one I wanted to delete, but I didn't remove her permanent gathering tool set. CS restored the character so I could recover the tools.)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@artemis.6781 said:I do know support is backed up. All I say is give it some time and do not start another ticket. That will cause even more delays. I have heard of people getting their deleted characters back.

Yes, I can confirm that. In fact, the person I know of that got a character back is @Steve The Cynic.3217 ... (I deleted one I
wanted
to delete, but I didn't remove her permanent gathering tool set. CS restored the character so I could recover the tools.)

That's very reassuring, thank you. There is another thread about people complaining about ticket times, I reckon something went wrong with the first game? Well, I'll keep on playing the waiting game.

yeah, Support can revert your deleted character(s) if you tell them that it is an accident. Happened to me when I deleted my level 500 crafting character not knowing that it had crafting maxed (coz i have forgotten perhaps) and i contacted support then they solved my problem.

An update, they have answered my ticket! I thanked them and went to access my account. It turns out they've ressed a defunct character of the same name, but rather than a lvl 80 engineer I've got a lvl 20 thief. That's a real bummer.

I stressed it out on the ticket, the name, class and race of the character. I wonder if they can discriminate such things on their system or if it was just a coin toss that went wrong.

@Masculus.4817 said:An update, they have answered my ticket! I thanked them and went to access my account. It turns out they've ressed a defunct character of the same name, but rather than a lvl 80 engineer I've got a lvl 20 thief. That's a real bummer.

I stressed it out on the ticket, the name, class and race of the character. I wonder if they can discriminate such things on their system or if it was just a coin toss that went wrong.

They might or might not have had a choice. It depends when the last backup of a particular character was made. So also stress the time the character you want restored was last in the game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Masculus.4817 said:An update, they have answered my ticket! I thanked them and went to access my account. It turns out they've ressed a defunct character of the same name, but rather than a lvl 80 engineer I've got a lvl 20 thief. That's a real bummer.

They might or might not have had a choice. It depends when the last backup of a particular character was made. So also stress the time the character you want restored was last in the game.

I stressed it out (the time it happened). I guess it was an honest mistake. What is tricky, I think, is that I have to delete the bogus one again, or else they won't be able to bring back the real one. And that brings back the possibility that they'll just make the same mistake again. How did it come to this? lol.

They might not be able to fix it. If you deleted and recreated and reused names, it might be that there is no backup available that can take you back to where the toon was before.

Let me stress: I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying the situation is more complicated than it might appear and it is entirely understandable that they weren't able to understand all the details of the request first time through.

@Saul Rua.2739 said:I find it very interesting that they restored your character. My son accidentally deleted his main character (yes, i know you have to type the name out, give him a break, he's 10) and support told me that they could NOT restore his character.

'Could not' is not the same as 'would not'; the CS Team tries to accommodate requests, but can not always do so. There may not have been a recent snapshot of the account, or something else preventing a restoration.

Archived