Endgame Runes and Sigil are boring

@"Tails.9372" said:I'd like them to redo the rune of vampirism to actually include a % of damage (on hit) dealed tured into HP effect. It's pretty much useless as it is rn.

So basically something similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invigorating_Precision but on a Rune set?I guess this would be interesting, take Grandmaster traits and turn them into 6th slot Rune bonuses. IP can become the 6th bonus of Vampirism Runes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Etheri.5406 said:

@zealex.9410 said:So i guess by expac 3 they should stop balancing elite specs because we will have 27 diff specs, 252 traits 270+ new skills etc.

I think they already stopped caring about the Heart of Thorns elite specs. Where are the Scrapper, Tempest, Reaper and Herald "reworks"? Those 4 elite specs are probably the weakest in all game modes or simply surpassed by the Path of Fire elite specs.

Scrapper got reworks and buffs and is finding a role as support. It's meta on large scale WvW and off-meta on pve. Tempest is also pushed towards that support role and is still one of the best healers in the game. Both just don't have a place because another HOT spec - DRUID - is vastly superior in PvE. Herald currently is viable in ALL THREE GAMEMODES as power DPS. It's META in WvW and PVP and has 33k benchmark in PVE. Reaper has continuously received buffs and is viable in PvP, but I admit it's outclassed by scourge.

So the only class which doesn't have a niche that you mentioned is reaper.

Again, you show you don't grasp balance nor what goes on in the game.

I want to add to this.Base guardian does higher DPS than DH and is really close to Firebrand in PvE.Base condi engi and condi holo are also really close to each other in PvE with confusion procs, phase time and player skill determining which one is better.Base BS warrior and BS condi zerker are very close in damage and can be swapped between based on fights in PvE.I've also seen some base guard, ranger, thief and warriors in PvP/WvW becoming somewhat meta too.Rune of the scholar, force, accuracy, air and berserker stats are base game stats.Druid and Chrono are still best in slot support specs in many aspects. Other examples: DD does better cleave than DE and are thus fight dependently balanced. Power chrono and condi mirage are close and fight dependent.

So how can people even claim that Anet stopped caring about HoT specs? I also call BS on other people saying HoT/PoF stuff should be inherently imbalanced and OP. Elite specs were meant to be side grades and fill specific niches. So they will be OP in those niches. Anet has done a decent job for some classes at making both elite spec and base classes viable. It's trickier and they have failed for other classes probably due to design decisions made 6+ years ago but I don't think they are intentionally making expansions stuff as OP as some are claiming.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Tails.9372" said:I'd like them to redo the rune of vampirism to actually include a % of damage (on hit) dealed tured into HP effect. It's pretty much useless as it is rn.

That would be broken AF in group play. Don't get me wrong, I love life leech effects scaling with your damage in games. It would just be too strong there. And at the same time, next to useless in solo.

Kinda disagree. In group play are getting healing by the group anyways In solo play where healing is limited to your personal healing this would be more useful.

But why would you bring dedicated healer? Consider replacing Force sigil on 5-6 dps slots with a life leech one and adding another dps. You'll end up with higher group dps.

Those rune would be a cool idea. 5-10% healing of your crit damage for the 6th bonus. And you would bring the healer because you would lose the 10% scholar bonus and probably 100 ferocity. Others could viably play without a healer if they chose to.

Sigil of concentration is great at what it does but doesn't inherently make it OP because it gives 495 of 1 stat.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_SeveranceI use it and it gives me 500 bonus stats. I wouldn't consider it OP.Sigil of impact is 10% more dmg vs stunned. Situational but not game breaking in WvW.All stats are not equal. I'm pretty sure power is worth more than ferocity no matter what in gw2 because it's not possible to hit the break point needed to make ferocity worth more. There doesn't need to be exact equivalence in raw stats.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:It's a nice thing that you still believe that.

So which eSpec isn't doing its job in your mind ?

It's not about eSpecs not doing their job, but rather how the elite specs aren't sidegrades but direct upgrades.Other than Guardian and Warrior (Engineer got buffed with the most recent patch, so I guess it's also on the list now?) which other core spec is useful and not directly upgraded by an elite spec?

@Feanor.2358 said:

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:Those rune would be a cool idea. 5-10% healing of your crit damage for the 6th bonus. And you would bring the healer because you would lose the 10% scholar bonus and probably 100 ferocity. Others could viably play without a healer if they chose to.

You'd still get higher group dps with an extra dps class instead of healer.

Both DE and DD can lose 250 ferocity for 15% heal on crit for both meta builds which are two of the highest dps in the game. That is less of a lose than 10% and 100 ferocity from swapping out scholar while gaining even more healing.

Why have I not seen groups with only dps thieves if what you claim is true?Is it because of phases where the boss goes invulnerable?Is it because support and condi specs don't have that trait (and they require other runes to be viable) which means they require someone to heal them?Some other reason that only you know but no one else can figure out?And even if groups had the option to drop a healer for certain fights, why would that be bad?

As I think about it, power druid might be op with those runes in wvw or pvp since it would turbo charge their ca gain from the healing attached to life steal but that split 20 sec cd would keep it in check. It would definitely not break pve balance though.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:It's a nice thing that you still believe that.

So which eSpec isn't doing its job in your mind ?

It's not about eSpecs not doing their job, but rather how the elite specs aren't sidegrades but direct upgrades.Other than Guardian and Warrior (Engineer got buffed with the most recent patch, so I guess it's also on the list now?) which other core spec is useful and not directly upgraded by an elite spec?

Ele isnt a direct upgrade. Chrono and Mirage are close to being true side grades with the problem being that Core Mesmer was such a dumpster fire that anything is an upgrade so it's less on the elites for that one. Theif isn't a direct upgrade either yes dead eye does more damage but has a very reasonable single target and almost no mobility trade off. Ranger specifically soulbeast is defintely a direct upgrade as core ranger already had good condi, however it's also a substantial buff to its non-existant power builds (Ideally they remove the condi from soulbeast) so it's power is favored thus turning it into a side grade. Revenanat specifically Renegade is currently an upgrade only due to being over buffed and pushed to fill more niches than needed. Necro is net netural power between eSpecs. As you stated the other being Warrior/Guardian/Engineer aren't direct upgrades.

So on the list of classes we have 3 out of 9 ? I'd say that's pretty good given where we used to be pre-patch.

@TexZero.7910 said:Ele isnt a direct upgrade. Chrono and Mirage are close to being true side grades with the problem being that Core Mesmer was such a dumpster fire that anything is an upgrade so it's less on the elites for that one. Theif isn't a direct upgrade either yes dead eye does more damage but has a very reasonable single target and almost no mobility trade off. Ranger specifically soulbeast is defintely a direct upgrade as core ranger already had good condi, however it's also a substantial buff to its non-existant power builds (Ideally they remove the condi from soulbeast) so it's power is favored thus turning it into a side grade. Revenanat specifically Renegade is currently an upgrade only due to being over buffed and pushed to fill more niches than needed. Necro is net netural power between eSpecs. As you stated the other being Warrior/Guardian/Engineer aren't direct upgrades.

So on the list of classes we have 3 out of 9 ? I'd say that's pretty good given where we used to be pre-patch.

Wait there are core Ele builds out there? Is there something Core Ele can do better than using either of the two Elite Specs?

I guess it's better to see what is a direct upgrade using all 18 elite specs because some of the HoT specs aren't direct upgrades and some of the PoF specs aren't direct upgrades. For example, Deadeye does have higher single target dps at the cost of mobility, but Daredevil doesn't really sacrifice mobility, Deadeye was more of a sidegrade (filling what Thieves were missing, a true ranged dps option), but Daredevil was more of a big upgrade. Another way to see which build was more of a direct upgrade is seeing how much the core specs were nerfed in favor of elite specs. Acrobatics was nerfed heavily to make room for Daredevil, while Condi Ranger used to be a thing, but was also nerfed to make room for condi soulbeast.

Of course it's far better after the most recent balance patch, almost as if Arenanet balance team is actually working on balance for a change.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"TexZero.7910" said:Ele isnt a direct upgrade. Chrono and Mirage are close to being true side grades with the problem being that Core Mesmer was such a dumpster fire that anything is an upgrade so it's less on the elites for that one. Theif isn't a direct upgrade either yes dead eye does more damage but has a very reasonable single target and almost no mobility trade off. Ranger specifically soulbeast is defintely a direct upgrade as core ranger already had good condi, however it's also a substantial buff to its non-existant power builds (Ideally they remove the condi from soulbeast) so it's power is favored thus turning it into a side grade. Revenanat specifically Renegade is currently an upgrade only due to being over buffed and pushed to fill more niches than needed. Necro is net netural power between eSpecs. As you stated the other being Warrior/Guardian/Engineer aren't direct upgrades.

Wait there are core Ele builds out there? Is there something Core Ele can do better than using either of the two Elite Specs?

I guess it's better to see what is a direct upgrade using all 18 elite specs because some of the HoT specs aren't direct upgrades and some of the PoF specs aren't direct upgrades. For example, Deadeye does have higher single target dps at the cost of mobility, but Daredevil doesn't really sacrifice mobility, Deadeye was more of a sidegrade (filling what Thieves were missing, a true ranged dps option), but Daredevil was more of a big upgrade. Another way to see which build was more of a direct upgrade is seeing how much the core specs were nerfed in favor of elite specs. Acrobatics was nerfed heavily to make room for Daredevil, while Condi Ranger used to be a thing, but was also nerfed to make room for condi soulbeast.

Of course it's far better after the most recent balance patch, almost as if Arenanet balance team is actually working on balance for a change.

People took acro in PvE ? Interesting ...DD was a side grade that offered increased mobility and cc but decreased the ability to manage enemey boons due to having since you would drop trickery for DD.Additionally using this logic is pretty poor considering how Engineer had Alchemey "nerfed" because of its synergy with Scrapper. That doesn't mean it was a direct upgrade as you very rarely even saw scrappers outside of PvP because they offered almost nothing worthwhile in a PvE setting (unless you count bug abuse with sneak gyro).

Archived