Official NA Power Rankings

Mike.4830

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Mike.4830" said:Mechanical skill incorporates decision making (stomping, cleaving, targeting), interrupting key skills, 1v1 abilities, tracking cool downs, understanding every classes abilities and vulnerabilities, dodging, staying alive outnumbered, etc.Interesting how a lot of the "mechanical skills" mostly encompass general, non-active trivia or low-effort button-presses rather than anything which a player executes with any manner of practiced finesse.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@"Mike.4830" said:Mechanical skill incorporates decision making (stomping, cleaving, targeting), interrupting key skills, 1v1 abilities, tracking cool downs, understanding every classes abilities and vulnerabilities, dodging, staying alive outnumbered, etc.Interesting how a lot of the "mechanical skills" mostly encompass general, non-active trivia or low-effort button-presses rather than anything which a player executes with any manner of practiced finesse.

There are situations you want to stomp instead of cleave and vice versa.

If you think the rest of those are "low-effort button-presses rather than anything which a player executes with any manner of practiced finesse" you're mistaken.

@Vallun.2071 said:

@"Poelala.2830" said:vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself
> @Vallun.2071 said:

Are you still mad that I called you trash for afking on a node instead of pushing kills? heres some content for you. learn yourself

Lmao Vallun is the only player in the entire world to have stalemated the best wager duelist of all time. Although we are still rivals, no other name compares. Even sindrender was afraid of fighting The Legend Myth

@Vallun.2071 said:

OH you mean the game you thought harrier firebrand was DPS And you pushed far FIVE TIMES according to you, dying each time, and dying 3 MORE TIMES at mid? You mean the game where you said I was afking on home and 1v0ing all game but I got top kills and top damage? You mean the game where you thought you were in the right for pushing mid 1v3 twice? You mean the game where you didn't focus my target so I can burst him down... as my build necessitates? Oh yeah, that game. That is a TERRIBLE example for you, especially since you threw so hard. Anya is #1 NA with no win trade ever. Zenyus is #3 NA with no win trade. How are you better than they are? Top 3 thieves...

@Poelala.2830 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

OH you mean the game you thought harrier firebrand was DPS And you pushed far FIVE TIMES according to you, dying each time, and dying 3 MORE TIMES at mid? You mean the game where you said I was afking on home and 1v0ing all game but I got top kills and top damage? You mean the game where you thought you were in the right for pushing mid 1v3 twice? You mean the game where you didn't focus my target so I can burst him down... as my build necessitates? Oh yeah, that game. That is a TERRIBLE example for you, especially since you threw so hard. Anya is #1 NA with no win trade ever. Zenyus is #3 NA with no win trade. How are you better than they are? Top 3 thieves...

I don't care about which thief is best on NA now that Toker is no longer actively queuing,

However, Anya got deleted from LBs right before season ended, and was accused by a handful of players for wintrading..

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:vallun is better than anya and zenyus? what a meme.

I don't care about which thief is best on NA now that Toker is no longer actively queuing,

However, Anya got deleted from LBs right before season ended, and was accused by a handful of players for wintrading..

A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

@"Poelala.2830" said:A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor that you know , whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Poelala.2830" said:A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor
that you know
, whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

I don't think it can be considered bias or me 'fanboying' when there are still god of pvps who are known to be win traders. People whose mains are banned from sPvP with the God of PvP title. The community is sure that these people win traded, but from what I've seen people are torn whether or not Anya did. It also seems very uncharacteristic of a win trader to have done hundreds and hundreds of games maintaining top 10, all of them seeming legitimate.

@Poelala.2830 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

They're not banning people from the ladder based on word of mouth.. it means an investigation was done. Obviously you're a fan of Anya's.. why do you think he deserved to be on the top of the ladder after 3 disconnects in his favor
that you know
, whether it was 3 accidental DC's or pre-meditated? Sounds like the bias is strong

I don't think it can be considered bias or me 'fanboying' when there are still god of pvps who are known to be win traders. People whose mains are banned from sPvP with the God of PvP title. The community is sure that these people win traded, but from what I've seen people are torn whether or not Anya did. It also seems very uncharacteristic of a win trader to have done hundreds and hundreds of games maintaining top 10, all of them seeming legitimate.

Actually, many wintraders in EU are known, high-rating players who just "bumped" up their rank from top 25 to top 3 or something similar. Most of them have the majority of their games "fairly" and only boosted that +50 rating through trades.

That's why it's funny to see all the PvE heroes go "pvp so meaningless everyone wintrades and anyone can get god of pvp" when even those wintrades are vastly more skilled than them. Of course it's still bad and that "+50 rating" is far from trivial. The difference between top 10 and top 3 is often huge in terms of skill and quite small in terms of amounts of games you need to "win" to achieve... But yeah, what you describe as uncharacteristic is pretty common.

@Poelala.2830 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:A cabal of win traders and their cronies made a calculated effort to remove Jonesboy. While I can't pretend to know IF Anya actually win traded, when I asked the people who accused him directly, their "evidences" were conflicting with themselves, the word of mouth of first hand accounts were unreliable when followed and the main reason I was told this report frenzy took place could have been mere coincidence. This reason being there were 3 DC's in 1 hour of queue time for Anya. I've had 3 DC's in one hour, legitimately. If this is what is considered a viable reason to remove someone's spot from the leaderboard after accumilating 735+ games in one season (more than 2x more than seasons prior) then the point of a leaderboard is null.

that you know

Playing over 700 games does seem like a sincere effort to get top 10. That being said Jonesboy probably needs wintrading to rank high, he plays S/D thief. He was in a lot of my games this past season, he's good but that build just doesn't have the same burst potential it used to be. I played reaper and FB this past season and he wasn't really able to put a dent in me.

The list is actually somewhat accurate, some people deserve to be higher and some deserve to be lower imo but it’s whatever. Anya #1 thief? Huh? ?? Plus they don’t just ban people without doing an investigation, it’s clear that they saw wintrading in his matchups. We know they ban people for that so don’t be a monkey lol!!!

@Devilman.1532 said:look all these people stroking themselves into a frenzy about a game that literally has no real competitive scene at all...

I have had fun reading this thread xD, but I'd actually argue there's a 'competitive' scene. There are real teams that compete for monthlies. No, there's no big money tourneys, but clearly top-tier folks care who is top tier. Clearly, the community enjoys the drama too. :p

Archived