Fix Deadeye Stealth or get rid of Stealth Traps

Heibi.4251

@Dante.1763 said:

@"gebrechen.5643" said:Why not just find a realistic solution for that problem and nerf stealth for once?Let's give all internal structure NPCs
and dectuple damage against stealthed enemies. Deadeyes can continue to enjoy their permastealth outside structures and can no longer be irritating inside structures.

Okay take away the "dectuple" damage and to me that seems like a good solution, maybe have it just for keeps though, would it matter for towers?

it doesnt really matter for either. because those npcs simply wont kill you and in many places inside they wouldnt even be in position to attack. what it does tho is that you can make those npcs attack you without leaving stealth, wich then causes paranoia among the scouts and make more people attached to the deadeye :3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dante.1763 said:

many classes have options to apply stealth to themselves or even allies. this would make it easier to hunt such a thief. but it wouldnt lock the thief out of their build like reveal does. thief vs thief fights would also be interesting because once you hit the other thief you drop out of stealth :3

3 classes outside thief can do it: Mesmer can apply stealth to itself and to others, Ranger can apply stealth to itself with one skill(lasts 3s), and Engi which has stealth Gyro(lasts 5s). i wouldnt say thats many classes, and..outside of mesmer not that great of a solution.

Also toss elixir s, and blasting in smoke fields.

@archmagus.7249 said:

many classes have options to apply stealth to themselves or even allies. this would make it easier to hunt such a thief. but it wouldnt lock the thief out of their build like reveal does. thief vs thief fights would also be interesting because once you hit the other thief you drop out of stealth :3

3 classes outside thief can do it: Mesmer can apply stealth to itself and to others, Ranger can apply stealth to itself with one skill(lasts 3s), and Engi which has stealth Gyro(lasts 5s). i wouldnt say thats many classes, and..outside of mesmer not that great of a solution.

Also toss elixir s, and blasting in smoke fields.

yeah that was more what i had in mind. because with AoE stealth skills or combos then anyone had a good access to see a deadeye -there is got to be some mesmer/thief/ranger/engi around on your server . but hey if people prefer to play the waiting game. i just wont suggest something that will constantly apply reveal as a counter to invisibility as that is really unlikely to happen with current DE(+SA) design.

@MUDse.7623 said:it doesnt really matter for either. because those npcs simply wont kill you and in many places inside they wouldnt even be in position to attack. what it does tho is that you can make those npcs attack you without leaving stealth, wich then causes paranoia among the scouts and make more people attached to the deadeye :3Then it should be vigintuple damage or whatever is necessary for the NPCs to one-hit the Deadeye.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:it doesnt really matter for either. because those npcs simply wont kill you and in many places inside they wouldnt even be in position to attack. what it does tho is that you can make those npcs attack you without leaving stealth, wich then causes paranoia among the scouts and make more people attached to the deadeye :3Then it should be vigintuple damage or whatever is necessary for the NPCs to one-hit the Deadeye.

yeah..why not whenever you kill an opponent or get participation for killing one, you die yourself? then one never has to complain about any build ! (maybe about the one hitting you all and jumping off a cliff)

@MUDse.7623 said:yeah..why not whenever you kill an opponent or get participation for killing one, you die yourself? then one never has to complain about any build ! (maybe about the one hitting you all and jumping off a cliff)I'm not looking to make Deadeye unplayable. I just want to remove their ability to stay in enemy structures. Notice how my suggestion does not affect Shadow Arts trait choices (since it doesn't reveal), doesn't give players an advantage over them, and has no effect on Deadeyes outside of structures. The thing is, the NPCs have to actually be a threat for the Deadeye to be forced out.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:yeah..why not whenever you kill an opponent or get participation for killing one, you die yourself? then one never has to complain about any build ! (maybe about the one hitting you all and jumping off a cliff)I'm not looking to make Deadeye unplayable. I just want to remove their ability to stay in enemy structures. Notice how my suggestion does not affect Shadow Arts trait choices (since it doesn't reveal), doesn't give players an advantage over them, and has no effect on Deadeyes outside of structures. The thing is, the NPCs have to actually be a threat for the Deadeye to be forced out.

when i try to attack a structure, not stay inside but actually open it. then i am not allowed to use stealth in combat for my stealth attacks for example as then i would risk an instant oneshot by an npc? if you would say within the first 5 minutes they all get veil sight and RI buff, why not.

@MUDse.7623 said:

when i try to attack a structure, not stay inside but actually open it. then i am not allowed to use stealth in combat for my stealth attacks for example as then i
would risk an instant oneshot by an npc
? if you would say within the first 5 minutes they all get veil sight and RI buff, why not.Yes, you can choose to take a risk. The exact same risk that any player can choose to take by staying in the same area as a Deadeye who marked him. The main difference being that the Deadeye can see the NPC attack coming.

@Shining One.1635 said:

when i try to attack a structure, not stay inside but actually open it. then i am not allowed to use stealth in combat for my stealth attacks for example as then i
would risk an instant oneshot by an npc
? if you would say within the first 5 minutes they all get veil sight and RI buff, why not.Yes, you can choose to take a risk. The exact same risk that any player can choose to take by staying in the same area as a Deadeye who marked him. The main difference being that the Deadeye can see the NPC attack coming.

you can obviously keep going with such unrealistic ideas, but the chances anet would do such a thing in a casual game are extremely low. now you then explain then the noobs that go with a their zerg in a tower, thinking of nothing evil when crossing in stealth the path of the rapid fire from a guard getting oneshot why everyone else is just getting tickled by the same :3anet might provide tools to players to get rid of deadeyes in their keeps, but they wont make npcs do the job for them. but providing players tools for that specific use is difficult because they might be used outside their intent. therefor its more likely they change something generally about stealth if they change anything at all.

Archived