Should I transfer to a higher population server?

Rise.8259

I am currently on crystal desert which is medium but lower on the list.

Some zones are bare. It's hard to find people to help me complete group events in open world. Or it can take longer to find a dungeon group.WvW often seems abandoned, unless I luck out and find a giant zerg group running around with a commander.

Or does your home server even matter anymore? I thought I read reference to servers sharing instances or something. I notice I have friend contacts I made in my server recently who it says live on other servers.

Home server only matters for WvW. Learn to use the LFG tool and timer sites. This will help you get the most out of the game. Also learn to use map chat, and if you have a tag (mentor or commander) tag up. Plenty of people on the maps and enough willing to help. I can't remember the last time I had a problem getting a group for any event.

Only if you play a lot WvW (but it also doesnt matter because the world/servers merge, so 2 smaller change into one big).

It doesnt matter on PvE and PvP. (We have megaservers now).

So maybe if you are not French, German just dont join such server- the whole LA chat in French- well, I'd evacuate asap

When I first started playing (dec 2012), my friend was really into wvw and he kept changing servers to follow the winning population. I made the mistake of deleting my characters to be on the same server as him, even though I didn't do pvp at all. As such, I now have to way just over an extra year and a half for the birthday gifts, because all of my original characters were deleted.

Deleting your characters is bad.

Archived