Realm Avenger - Can it be reduced?

Draeyon.4392

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've met quite a few whose only claim to fame is UD: they got it farming points in OS for the most part. They could 'work as a team' , ie throw themselves at the enemy in a ball whilst spamming skills using their face, and 'keep calm' as in not start screaming in ts/vent/discord if their pixels got touched.

Generally UD could be changed to 'blobber' as a description and still be fairly accurate. Personally I'd go for 'seasoned lootstick user', then you could have a whole series of titles based off that leading to 'mastered the art of tagging'.

Most of the skilled players left years ago when it was clear Anet weren't supporting the game mode to any real extent and didn't support gvg- which could have been excellent with properly designed areas (ie not a flat surface where two balls mash into each other).

There's a few left and then there are others who just pop on and play wvw for a couple hours a week as a change from whatever else they are playing.

Then there are the die hards who server hop looking for better bag farming opportunities (which they call 'fights') whilst calling for anything that prevents them rolling around a map unhindered to be nerfed and saying those 4 defenders should come out and fight against their 15-25 man 'raid'.

@Victory.2879 said:I've met quite a few whose only claim to fame is UD: they got it farming points in OS for the most part. They could 'work as a team' , ie throw themselves at the enemy in a ball whilst spamming skills using their face, and 'keep calm' as in not start screaming in ts/vent/discord if their pixels got touched.

Generally UD could be changed to 'blobber' as a description and still be fairly accurate. Personally I'd go for 'seasoned lootstick user', then you could have a whole series of titles based off that leading to 'mastered the art of tagging'.

Most of the skilled players left years ago when it was clear Anet weren't supporting the game mode to any real extent and didn't support gvg- which could have been excellent with properly designed areas (ie not a flat surface where two balls mash into each other).

There's a few left and then there are others who just pop on and play wvw for a couple hours a week as a change from whatever else they are playing.

Then there are the die hards who server hop looking for better bag farming opportunities (which they call 'fights') whilst calling for anything that prevents them rolling around a map unhindered to be nerfed and saying those 4 defenders should come out and fight against their 15-25 man 'raid'.

Lol so negative and cynical. How many kills do you have I wonder?

@Israel.7056 said:

@Victory.2879 said:I've met quite a few whose only claim to fame is UD: they got it farming points in OS for the most part. They could 'work as a team' , ie throw themselves at the enemy in a ball whilst spamming skills using their face, and 'keep calm' as in not start screaming in ts/vent/discord if their pixels got touched.

Lol so negative and cynical. How many kills do you have I wonder?

I can quite honestly say I have no idea. Having played for most of the time as a scout or support class and not abused OS, I'd guess 100k, but then I only play once a week or less for a couple hours these days and quit entirely for months on end.

I logged on and checked- just over 100k in total(not a bad guess above!). It's a shame the game can't record the total affect you have on the game mode rather than just counting tags, but i couldn't even begin to try and figure out how that would work. Running around blindly following a tag endlessly isn't my style, I play to enjoy myself.

100% agreed with Klipso.8653 .... 125k kills 5+ years mostly playing support guard/warri frontline. I say leave it as it. If you want to tag everything jump on a scourge or any class with AoE uptime and go to town. You'll rack up those kills way faster.

I know some who got UD the normal way, others got it via OS farming back in the day.

Doesn't need changed at all imo as 250K is a decent amount to aim for and pretty achievable for zergers.

I'm just at 100k or so but rarely ever zerg and really only play ranger so i'm pretty happy with that. If i really wanted to get that title I'd just scourge/FB up but its not my cup of Tea :)

Archived