Remove Egotism, Move Warden's Feedback, Reintroduce Temporal Enchanter

Justine.6351

So with Oct 2 update they removed Glamour Trait, moved Signet Trait to Inspiration and introduced a boring damage trait to Domination. Why didn't they move Warden's Feedback (damage trait) to Domination and bump Temporal Enchanter down to master tier in Inspiration? Would have saved them some trouble in creating a new trait and leaving one skill type high and dry with no trait while opening up focus for more play.

@Justine.6351 said:

@flog.3485 said:But wardens' feedback has never been a damage trait....and anyway what is the point of having a damage trait in a traitline fully dedicated to sustain and healing ?

Reflect is damage so you answered your own question really.

Maybe...but if you are facing an enemy without anything to reflect then you are better off taking other weapons to do damage.

Edit: since you can reflect with feedback anyway which you can triple use with chronomancer anyway

@flog.3485 said:

@flog.3485 said:But wardens' feedback has never been a damage trait....and anyway what is the point of having a damage trait in a traitline fully dedicated to sustain and healing ?

Maybe...but if you are facing an enemy without anything to reflect then you are better off taking other weapons to do damage.

Edit: since you can reflect with feedback anyway which you can triple use with chronomancer anyway

It's pretty hard to not find projectiles in WvW and Spvp. Regarding Feedback, options. Some people can afford a different weapon, some can afford the utility slot. Either way Feedback (certainly now with no supporting trait) has a much longer CD than traited focus skills.

Part of me kind of likes the idea of focus trait being in Domination - especially if they also changed iWarden to have a control element (as skill 4 is already control) and it would fit with the Domination theme.

And yeah it seems sad that Anet have given up on glamours, slowly removing pieces over the years and now they seem a bit... unloved. Apart from Portal which always has a place.

@Curunen.8729 said:And yeah it seems sad that Anet have given up on glamours, slowly removing pieces over the years and now they seem a bit... unloved. Apart from Portal which always has a place.

Honestly, I think this is the thing that annoys me the most. Feedback is pretty much permanently on my bar in PvE unless I'm pretty sure there won't be any projectiles to reflect - now, that doesn't mean that I was running the trait, but it'd be nice to at least have the option to trait glamours.

Meanwhile, that new trait... picking on the weak like that really doesn't feel like a mesmer thing, and if it triggers based off numerical health rather than percentage health, than it's pretty much a useless trait in PvE.

I like Egotism for my greatsword build, since there was no real damage option there before. Sure, you could lower the cd of Signet of Ether, but that only matters in prolonged fights and that's not the type of content I would take that build to. Plus having a trait that encourages you to stay healthy makes sense with a ranged weapon.

Warden's Feedback doesn't really fit thematically with Domination, which is a traitline with a well-defined identity. My suggestion would be to move Warden's Feedback to Chaos, replacing Chaotic Transference.

@Justine.6351 said:

It's pretty hard to not find projectiles in WvW and Spvp. Regarding Feedback, options. Some people can afford a different weapon, some can afford the utility slot. Either way Feedback (certainly now with no supporting trait) has a much longer CD than traited focus skills.

You didn’t refer to PvP, so I didn’t know your suggestion was mainly for that.But even then:Nobody would ever take wardens’ feedback because focus is just a poor weapon when it comes to SPvP. If anyone would run inspiration, cleanses on shatters is just way better.As for WvW, sorry fo the noob opinion because to be fair, I really don’t play it that much; don’t you get the sustain through firebrand utilities and spellbreaker bubbles, to the point where running wardens feedback becomes useless because so much projectiles block are happening anyway ? And isn’t it just better to place your feedback bubble anywhere you want with a a larger cover over a temporal curtain that is not so efficient ?

@flog.3485 said:

You didn’t refer to PvP, so I didn’t know your suggestion was mainly for that.But even then:Nobody would ever take wardens’ feedback because focus is just a poor weapon when it comes to SPvP. If anyone would run inspiration, cleanses on shatters is just way better.As for WvW, sorry fo the noob opinion because to be fair, I really don’t play it that much; don’t you get the sustain through firebrand utilities and spellbreaker bubbles, to the point where running wardens feedback becomes useless because so much projectiles block are happening anyway ? And isn’t it just better to place your feedback bubble anywhere you want with a a larger cover over a temporal curtain that is not so efficient ?

Both feedback and traited focus are superfluous in group WvW. For that matter, the glamour trait was also absolute trash and is better off gone. The only people who used it were groups trying to cheese stealth openings in GvGs, that's about it. In WvW, spellbreaker bubble block the majority of projectiles. If you're just taking potshots down a corridor, you'll use the firebrand courage reflect instead. Wasting a mesmer trait or utility on a non-essential function that can be performed by other classes without extra investment is simply ridiculous.

The focus trait is fine where it is. The new damage trait is fine. The old glamour trait was trash. The only thing that needs to be fixed is how bad the warden itself is.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

Both feedback and traited focus are superfluous in group WvW. For that matter, the glamour trait was also absolute trash and is better off gone. The only people who used it were groups trying to cheese stealth openings in GvGs, that's about it. In WvW, spellbreaker bubble block the majority of projectiles. If you're just taking potshots down a corridor, you'll use the firebrand courage reflect instead. Wasting a mesmer trait or utility on a non-essential function that can be performed by other classes without extra investment is simply ridiculous.

The focus trait is fine where it is. The new damage trait is fine. The old glamour trait was trash. The only thing that needs to be fixed is how bad the warden itself is.

Exactly what I was thinking. Thx for confirming.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

So if "nobody" uses it why do you care if it gets moved somewhere useful?

@Justine.6351 said:

So if "nobody" uses it why do you care if it gets moved somewhere useful?

In what way does it improve the domination traitline to have wardens' feedback put there ? Not so long ago they updated the focus phantasm to be less powerful, to adress the fact, I suppose, that focus is tied to sustain/healing traitline. Why have a weak weapon be tied to a traitline which main focus is to increase damages when anyway all the utilies the wardens feedback provide are already covered by other classes in a more effcient way ?

I prefer egotism to increase damages personally.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:And yeah it seems sad that Anet have given up on glamours, slowly removing pieces over the years and now they seem a bit... unloved. Apart from Portal which always has a place.

Honestly, I think this is the thing that annoys me the most. Feedback is pretty much permanently on my bar in PvE unless I'm pretty sure there won't be any projectiles to reflect - now, that doesn't mean that I was running the trait, but it'd be nice to at least have the
option
to trait glamours.

Meanwhile, that new trait... picking on the weak like that really doesn't feel like a mesmer thing, and if it triggers based off numerical health rather than percentage health, than it's pretty much a useless trait in PvE.

Judging from the traits description its based on percentage health.

Archived