Is the game balanced yet? and what needs changed

Axl.8924

@jportell.2197 said:

@breno.5423 said:All classes deserve nerf (except elementalist i guess):

Mesmer = Aegis application, CC spam and blind spam which make this kitten imortal / remove the kitt break stun from dodge ans restore the endurance regeneration which got nerfThief = Death judgement damage
OR
stealth duration from silent scope (nerfing both would inutilize this spec)Warrior = Nerf sustainHerald = Nerf sword off hand damages and decrease slow from skill 5 to 1 second instead 3Guardian = Focus skill 4 to stop causing damage when the opponent get out of the range and -30% damageHolosmith = DPSSoulbeast = Sustain
OR
dps (nerfing both would inutilize this spec)Necromancer = Remove ressurrection bonus
OR
remove pull of transfusion / nerf damage of reaper shroud skills, mantaining quickness

Aegis application on mesmer. I can't think of a single mesmer build that SPAMS aegis. Maybe PU but there is not a single meta mesmer build that uses it. Most mesmers aren't using that many blinds anymore either. Detargeting and kiting is how we survive. So should ANET just delete the class to make you happy?

is there a rune or trait that grants aegis on signet use?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Mesmer = Aegis application, CC spam and blind spam which make this kitten imortal / remove the kitt break stun from dodge ans restore the endurance regeneration which got nerfThief = Death judgement damage
OR
stealth duration from silent scope (nerfing both would inutilize this spec)Warrior = Nerf sustainHerald = Nerf sword off hand damages and decrease slow from skill 5 to 1 second instead 3Guardian = Focus skill 4 to stop causing damage when the opponent get out of the range and -30% damageHolosmith = DPSSoulbeast = Sustain
OR
dps (nerfing both would inutilize this spec)Necromancer = Remove ressurrection bonus
OR
remove pull of transfusion / nerf damage of reaper shroud skills, mantaining quickness

Aegis application on mesmer. I can't think of a single mesmer build that SPAMS aegis. Maybe PU but there is not a single meta mesmer build that uses it. Most mesmers aren't using that many blinds anymore either. Detargeting and kiting is how we survive. So should ANET just delete the class to make you happy?

Blurred inscriptions grants invuln but it is now a grand master in inspiration. So I don't imagine it being meta.

Prismatic understanding grants defensive boons in stealth (protection, aegis, swiftness, Regen) however because it is wholly reliant on stealth it is counter productive in PvP.

The only other way a mesmer can get aegis is with chaos storm and it's not gauranteed and on a 30+ second cool down

OP obviously doesn't understand balance, or has a very reductive view of balance, the problem is very rarely able to be narrowed down to a single overpowered class, but usually a conjunction of unhealthy gameplay elements, over and underpowered specs, and broken mechanics. Narrowing it down to a single class is in itself likely to produce an unbalanced game (like what happens every time they target a single class heavily for nerfs, there's always one or another that end up replacing it to a worse degree).

@jportell.2197 said:

OR
OR
OR

Blurred inscriptions grants invuln but it is now a grand master in inspiration. So I don't imagine it being meta.

Prismatic understanding grants defensive boons in stealth (protection, aegis, swiftness, Regen) however because it is wholly reliant on stealth it is counter productive in PvP.

The only other way a mesmer can get aegis is with chaos storm and it's not gauranteed and on a 30+ second cool down

ok thats what I thought but it sounded like there was a more stable and reliant way to gain Aegis

I really enjoy build crafting for different roles and playstyles and was hoping there was a style I overlooked when I used to play it heaps

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"breno.5423" said:All classes deserve nerf (except elementalist i guess):

OR
OR
OR

ok thats what I thought but it sounded like there was a more stable and reliant way to gain Aegis

No that's about it.. I wish more people that complained about Mesmer took the time to understand the class instead of just "omg I can't find the real mesmer the blind spam is annoying, clones do so much damage" etc etc. Mes is annoying to fight against sure. They've been designed like that since day one. Doesn't mean they are the most effective PvP class.

Reapers, holos, and spellbreaker is definitely more effective than nearly all other classes atm

@ReaverKane.7598 said:OP obviously doesn't understand balance, or has a very reductive view of balance, the problem is very rarely able to be narrowed down to a single overpowered class, but usually a conjunction of unhealthy gameplay elements, over and underpowered specs, and broken mechanics. Narrowing it down to a single class is in itself likely to produce an unbalanced game (like what happens every time they target a single class heavily for nerfs, there's always one or another that end up replacing it to a worse degree).

You say that but i didn't actively call out for nerfs, or does it say overpowered.Unbalanced can be underpowered overpowered and or broken mechanics.Unhealty things too can be included, but you got to admit, its problematic when you have a massive amount of spammable cc that hard counters too hard a class, combined with mass mobility and dmg such as mesmer was.

@Axl.8924 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:OP obviously doesn't understand balance, or has a very reductive view of balance, the problem is very rarely able to be narrowed down to a single overpowered class, but usually a conjunction of unhealthy gameplay elements, over and underpowered specs, and broken mechanics. Narrowing it down to a single class is in itself likely to produce an unbalanced game (like what happens every time they target a single class heavily for nerfs, there's always one or another that end up replacing it to a worse degree).

You say that but i didn't actively call out for nerfs, or does it say overpowered.Unbalanced can be underpowered overpowered and or broken mechanics.Unhealty things too can be included, but you got to admit, its problematic when you have a massive amount of spammable cc that hard counters too hard a class, combined with mass mobility and dmg such as mesmer was.

Again, rarely the lack of balance is due to a single problem class, which is the point, i wrote overpowered, but its not relevant, the point is that it's rarely ever a single class.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Again, rarely the lack of balance is due to a single problem class, which is the point, i wrote overpowered, but its not relevant, the point is that it's rarely ever a single class.

It is when you got a class like mesmer which has too much sustain dmg and mobility as it was before nerf.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

It is when you got a class like mesmer which has too much sustain dmg and mobility as it was before nerf.

Mesmer sustain damage is lower than a spellbreaker, a Holo, and a reaper. More instant burst sure. But definitely less sustain.

Holo, and spellbreaker have better mobility (photon forge 2 any one?)

@jportell.2197 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Mesmer sustain damage is lower than a spellbreaker, a Holo, and a reaper. More instant burst sure. But definitely less sustain.

They got nerfed recently mesmers i mean, but cmon your telling me there wasn't a problem before? It was too much of everything, thats just insane.

I mean who counters mesmers?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

They got nerfed recently mesmers i mean, but cmon your telling me there wasn't a problem before? It was too much of everything, thats just insane.

Spellbreaker, core guard, a well played s/d thief, Holo hits pretty damn hard and has way more sustain than is fair for s class that does that much damage.

I'm sorry i just played vs a mes with 1,000 ways to block evade make clones and hide and then go invulnerable but yet can spam massive life ending conditions and not take a scratch. It's the most cheesy and low level skill class build style out there. You should be able to dodge 1,000 ways OR! Do massive uncontrollable damage. Not both.

With other classes that have dodges, invul, evades, and blocks, You at least have a target to go after. With mes they have damage, and evades on top of massive screen garbage by means of clones.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

But is that THE ONLY problem with balance? Would the game be perfectly balanced if they nerfed mesmers?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

But is that THE ONLY problem with balance? Would the game be perfectly balanced if they nerfed mesmers?

maybe if they buffed renegade, scrapper (not holo) and Elementalists while toning down a few skills across all class then yea Id say its pretty good...

gold player here and lots of interesting builds lately

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:I'm sorry i just played vs a mes with 1,000 ways to block evade make clones and hide and then go invulnerable but yet can spam massive life ending conditions and not take a scratch. It's the most cheesy and low level skill class build style out there. You should be able to dodge 1,000 ways OR! Do massive uncontrollable damage. Not both.

With other classes that have dodges, invul, evades, and blocks, You at least have a target to go after. With mes they have damage, and evades on top of massive screen garbage by means of clones.

Scepter 2- 1 block on a 4.5 s CD. Was not taken much until the block created 2 clones. They nerfed scepter 3 cast time.

Sword 4 block - 12s (I think) CD traited. Off hand sword in a condi build is ONLY taken for the block.

It also sounds like he took Deceptive evasion over ineptitude. So that's less condi application (which it sounds like you exaggerated.)

The only invuln in that build is distortion which is a long cool down. Evades can come from likely two skills outside of Dodge. False oasis, and illusionary ambush.

And it also sounds like he was using sword torch. Instead of axe, once again less condi application.

The entire build u described is one that punishes bad players. You spam ur skills u get blocks procced. The only huge Condi spike it can do is torment/confusion.

He had 2 blinds (stealth, 3 if using desperate decoy), 2 blocks, one stun break, and 3 skills for evade that aren't dodges (blurred frenzy, false oasis, and illusionary ambush.)

It's not peak Condi damage, it's focused more on survivability. And still not as powerful as spellbreaker or holosmith.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

They would probably end up needing to tone down a few classes damage and balance it out so that the damage isn't out of hand.Something would have to be done to make sure that mirage is still viable and not over nerfed.I would prefer if the actual designers would do some beta testing before anymore nerfs to make sure that they don't wreck anymore classes.

I'd like some informed opinion for instance from a plat 2 and up from every class to see after these changes if any other changes are needed, but i haven't been seeing all the reasons why everyone wants warrior nerfed, nor have i heard a lot of objections from mesmers on why its balanced.

This is a chance to maybe get a change to every class with needed changes in spvp and wvw.

Say for instance reaver kane, lets say you play revenant, then you could say rev has this and that problem in spvp and is inbalanced because of survivability lets say which i heard some were talking about mobility in a thread regarding teleportations being limited due to energy costs and having stability nerfed and more limited.Is there a solution? maybe maybe not, depending on if the build is designed to be a bruiser.Should all melee bruiser types have low sustain? or should all bruiser types have some form of sustain to survive? Should damage be nerfed in pvp to compensate and have some bit of extra survivability? that kind of information could be relevant to pvp.

maybe if they buffed renegade, scrapper (not holo) and Elementalists while toning down a few skills across all class then yea Id say its pretty good...

Isn't scrapper supposedly really good now? or is that only pve?

I heard some about weavers having the damage but having issues with landing a hit.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Watchu mean buff renegade? Doesnt that class already got a strong elite?

@Stallic.2397 said:I love how Ele is not even on there. Are we that bad? Lol

Condi MIrages are still a pain. It's not even a L2P issue cause I can battle Power Shatter Mesmers fairly easy. Even Necro's and their conditions are okay if you battle them correctly. But Condi mirage's will constantly apply conditions non-stop. Then they will invuln, stealth, teleport to avoid damage. If anyone needs to be toned down, it's them.

this

Does the opinion of everybody really count or should be even considered objective? Anybody who buy the core game can come here and shout for nerfs left and right but....for all we know they guy shouting for nerfs can't even WASD let alone beat any other human player. The GW2 community is highly uncompetitive and strongly biased in general, honesty is a rare sight on these forums...would I be a dev I would take anything here with a grain of salt.

I mean the nerfs to mesmer should be enough to satisfy even a new player...but it seems that typical GW2 player wants to pick profession X, walk into an arena and kill people by simply looking at them without doing anything else....screw this really

@Arheundel.6451 said:Does the opinion of everybody really count or should be even considered objective? Anybody who buy the core game can come here and shout for nerfs left and right but....for all we know they guy shouting for nerfs can't even WASD let alone beat any other human player. The GW2 community is highly uncompetitive and strongly biased in general, honesty is a rare sight on these forums...would I be a dev I would take anything here with a grain of salt.

I mean the nerfs to mesmer should be enough to satisfy even a new player...but it seems that typical GW2 player wants to pick profession X, walk into an arena and kill people by simply looking at them without doing anything else....screw this really

For me, I was trying to form a consensus of what needs changed.I was hoping folks of all walks could come here and say what needs changed and from there Anet can sift through find out what information is most valuable.These kinds of things even if a lot of information will be trash, can be valuable, such as on the ele forums folks giving ideas of changes for tempest or on necro forums people talking about balance wise and stuff needed for necros to be viable in spvp and WVW and pve.Noha went into more detail than the others, while some like Dduff and Badmed are in the row of few lines

Obviously if something has plenty of counters that is already pretty good, but what if thief for instance could be improved to fill in various roles?

What if elementalist could be fixed to be viable with weaver?

Wouldn't this make pvp more fun if you could choose various roles?

Mesmer = remove the kitt break stun from dodge ans restore the endurance regeneration which got nerf.Thief = stealth duration from silent scopeWarrior = Nerf sustainHolosmith = DPSSoulbeast = Sustain OR dps

i agree with the items I cropped out of the quote above.

Mesmer is almost fine. They dont have to kill elusive mind, just tie the dodge while stunned mechanic to it so that mirages have to either take IH for DPS and be left without breakstun on dodge, or take EM for breakstun. Right now there's a significant amount of mesmers stumbling hard because their EM crutch got yanked, but the meta brought them there. with EM nerfed the meta will put them on IH.

That being said baiting dodges should help handle them.

I can deal with warrior sustain nerfs/FC nerfs atm as long as they arent over the top/ target spellbreaker.I can deal with a stealth nerf/cd on silent scope.

Holosmith is obvious.

Soulbeast is obvious.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Mesmer = remove the kitt break stun from dodge ans restore the endurance regeneration which got nerf.Thief = stealth duration from silent scopeWarrior = Nerf sustainHolosmith = DPSSoulbeast = Sustain
OR
dps

i agree with the items I cropped out of the quote above.

Mesmer is almost fine. They dont have to kill elusive mind, just tie the dodge while stunned mechanic to it so that mirages have to either take IH for DPS and be left without breakstun on dodge, or take EM for breakstun.

I can deal with warrior sustain nerfs/FC nerfs atm as long as they arent over the top/ target spellbreaker.I can deal with a stealth nerf/cd on silent scope.

Holosmith is obvious.

Soulbeast is obvious.

What kinda dps do you get with fullcounter warr now with dagger? just curious.I heard it has tons of sustain but whats the dmg like now?

@Axl.8924 said:What kinda dps do you get with fullcounter warr now with dagger? just curious.I heard it has tons of sustain but whats the dmg like now?

Damage is ehh with dagger. It's mostly a compounding of several things.

might generation is incredibly easy which has synergies with, say, MMR.Spellbreaker matches are usually slowed down because of Full Counter.Every serious SB warrior carries rampage in their back pocket.

It's not that dagger itself is overtuned, or that core is overtuned. the nature of the class just makes fighting it a slow burn, and slow burn fights are countered by HS/Adrenal. You can still kill them if you do a heavy dot like torment, or keep poison on them.

I'm concerned as to how they will make SB squishier without making core collapse, but I've seen many a toxic SB get whittled down only to pop rampage when they were losing to good plays and just ezmode a match they should have lost.

Archived