A Build for Every Rune Project

Chrury.4627

@Chrury.4627 said:

@"runeblade.7514" said:Build Name/Class: Minion MasterRune Name: Rune of the LichGamemode: PvEBuild Link:
Comments: Maximize minion count. Nomad gear helps cheese really hard open world events by relying on minions to do the dps while you try to survive.

A classic. Also,
please
tell me the Rune/Sigil minions work with the minion traits. I love that it's reaching GW1 numbers of minions.Any particular reason on D/W, Staff? Staff is good for chill, is the main set fast with some CC? I'm looking at the effectiveness of Chilling Victory in particular.(I don't play necro)

• Lich rune's minion work with trait. Fleshreaver shouldn't, but it is the only sigil that gives a minion.
  • There is no particular main reason other than it feels thematic to a Minion master and I put it on my MM. Most of the DPS will come from Minions anyways because Nomad gear makes the gear bad. Dagger can help a bit with self-healing. Warhorn generates a lot of life force. Staff is just there for range dps. If there was a healing/support weapon, I would use that instead.
  • Chilling Victory and Deathly Chill is actually a mistake. I thought about trying to maximize the effectiveness of Viper MM. But then I realize my Nomad MM is better for group event cheesing than Viper MM is better for DPS. I didn't look too much back again on the Reaper traitline afterwards. My bad.

Looking Back I made some changes. I gave Ice sigil and change Deathly Chill to Blighter's boon. This way, MM can hit enemies and get some healing/life force from Chilling Victory which is proc by Ice Sigil. Dagger/warhorn will proc Ice sigil a bit which will give might.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6khGopGsrGwbTg9GsMNYSDgCQAY6BcBqAxfwT4KE-jxhEAB6q+jM7PklSwCODArpHQJlfA8IAAA-e

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil AdventurerRune Name: AdventurerGamemode: PvEDeadly Arts Build Version LinkAcrobatic Build Version LinkComments: This build is centered around spamming Death Blossom and Dodge. You can change Deadly Arts for Acrobat for more survivability.

Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil EvasionRune Name: EvasionGamemode: PvEBuild Link Comments: Same as above but with Evasion runes. The difference is that you don't overheal your endurance bar, and it is more aggressive. Change the traitline to Acrobatic if you want a acrobatic traitline.

The above is a work in progress for me. I am currently leveling up a Thief that Dances around throwing daggers at the moment. But that is what I would build with if I fully equip it.

Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvEBuild LinkComments: I love this build. Thanks to Payback, the long recharge timer of Thieves guild is reduced greatly by killing mobs. You get your own pirate crew to help you fight and by the time they despawn, you will have another pirate crew to help you. Thanks to rune of the privateer you get a parrot to assist you with piracy.

@Chrury.4627 said:I'm always down with a guard healer. The damage will be ok for a support build with its condis.I wonder how the healing will be with this hybrid. Then again, the outgoing healing is 36% with FoW.I was thinking you could take Merciful Intervention over Bow of Truth but that's not really how the build works. If I was going full heals, I'd be running Virtues to share the F2 passive and then MI is a burst heal/rez helper. This build is heal/condi hybrid so you need the BoT to cover what the virtue healing does.I would suggest a Shield over one of the torches as a back-up. M/Sh, A/T perhaps, so you have a damage set and a healing set.Thanks for participating!

Yeah there are definitely lots of little changes you could make to this build to suit different styles of play. I chose Radiance because otherwise the damage output would likely still be negligible to the point where the condi gear would be pointless. Also I considered a shield to pair with mace, but since mace lacks condis you'd lose some damage when you swap. Still a choice you could make though!

Superior Runes Of Speed here. Before you all laugh too hard...until recently, I was strictly a vanilla open world junkie. My characters are garbed in full berzerkers, have Berserker weapons and even my trinkets are Berserker. I do not like the feeling of running sloooow on my Norns and Chars. Yes, we have mounts, but what happens when you become dismounted???? Whatever dismounted you will be chasing you...and you run sooo sloooow. So, I use the superior rune of speed and do not feel slow when I get dismounted.

Plus I get a dab of vitality.

Plus, I feel like my swim speed is increased as well...yes, I put a 7th rune in my aquabreather.

Lisa.

@"runeblade.7514" said:Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil AdventurerRune Name: AdventurerGamemode: PvEDeadly Arts Build Version LinkAcrobatic Build Version LinkComments: This build is centered around spamming Death Blossom and Dodge. You can change Deadly Arts for Acrobat for more survivability.

Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil EvasionRune Name: EvasionGamemode: PvEBuild Link Comments: Same as above but with Evasion runes. The difference is that you don't overheal your endurance bar, and it is more aggressive. Change the traitline to Acrobatic if you want a acrobatic traitline.

The above is a work in progress for me. I am currently leveling up a Thief that Dances around throwing daggers at the moment. But that is what I would build with if I fully equip it.

Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvEBuild LinkComments: I love this build. Thanks to Payback, the long recharge timer of Thieves guild is reduced greatly by killing mobs. You get your own pirate crew to help you fight and by the time they despawn, you will have another pirate crew to help you. Thanks to rune of the privateer you get a parrot to assist you with p> @"runeblade.7514" said:Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil AdventurerRune Name: AdventurerGamemode: PvEDeadly Arts Build Version LinkAcrobatic Build Version LinkComments: This build is centered around spamming Death Blossom and Dodge. You can change Deadly Arts for Acrobat for more survivability.

Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvEBuild LinkComments: I love this build. Thanks to Payback, the long recharge timer of Thieves guild is reduced greatly by killing mobs. You get your own pirate crew to help you fight and by the time they despawn, you will have another pirate crew to help you. Thanks to rune of the privateer you get a parrot to assist you with piracy.

Rune Of The Pirate for Deadeye...hmmm...my Deadeye is a huge Norn woman who runs sloooww, but I want to try this idea. I have a different build, but the runes would probably work...ok, I am going to try this. Thank you.

Build Name/Class: Hybrid FirebrandRune Name: Rune Of DivinityGamemode: PvE/Wvw/OpenworldBuild Link: Pve Build LinkBuild Link: WvW Build LinkBuild Link: Open World Link

I like this build and it's versatile options. in Pve i start in staff then do the might stack go to gs do the skills then go to fire book if all is fine, if we need healing or stability/blocks i got that for the group and i can play what is most needed in the group at that time i use its for dungeon and T1 fractal atm i know it's not a high end build but it work for me. the biggest problem the build have is power its low and can be boosted by bloodlust and food. the build itself got good Quickness and will give a good burst in the start of the fight from Mantra of Potence and Feel My Wrath and if u need it for wvw u can pick other traits/skills and if u need it for open world farm just trait/skills it for that.

I use a firebrand with full water runes, with how my heal skill is ammo based I get some extra little group heals. Armor is all Plague Doctor statline, weapons are staff and scepter/shield. Sigil of water on the shield, sigil of stamina on the scepter because my dodges heal. Another sigil of water in the staff and a sigil of smouldering. Staff and scepter are Harrier stats, shield is plague doctor. Trinkets are Seraph back item, plague doctor ring and amulet and earring. Other earring is seraph and other ring is minstrel. All ascended because they're my fractal character. Works surprisingly well.

@runeblade.7514 said:Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil AdventurerRune Name: Adventurer

Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil EvasionRune Name: EvasionInteresting, a couple more self-sufficient builds of the raid dps condi DD.I prefer the Rune of Evasion version as it leans into buffing the dodge as much as possible but I can understand the Adventurer pick. If you actually need to manually heal with signet; things have gotten dicey and the extra dodge could save your skin.

@runeblade.7514 said:Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvEBuild LinkComments: I love this build. Thanks to Payback, the long recharge timer of Thieves guild is reduced greatly by killing mobs. You get your own pirate crew to help you fight and by the time they despawn, you will have another pirate crew to help you. Thanks to rune of the privateer you get a parrot to assist you with piracy.

Yar! I like that Mug worked its way in there. Very on theme.With Payback, the recharge isn't going to be a problem in PvE but have you considered Deadly Trapper over Panic Strike? Or do you think the occasional extra poison is worth it for Exposed Weakness dmg vs the Might/Vuln from triggering Ambush?

@Sylli.3891 said:Build Name/Class: Hybrid FirebrandRune Name: Rune Of DivinityGamemode: PvE/Wvw/Openworld

I can dig it. Firebrand has the tools to make use of all the primary attributes decently.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I use a firebrand with full water runes, with how my heal skill is ammo based I get some extra little group heals. Armor is all Plague Doctor statline, weapons are staff and scepter/shield. Sigil of water on the shield, sigil of stamina on the scepter because my dodges heal. Another sigil of water in the staff and a sigil of smouldering. Staff and scepter are Harrier stats, shield is plague doctor. Trinkets are Seraph back item, plague doctor ring and amulet and earring. Other earring is seraph and other ring is minstrel. All ascended because they're my fractal character. Works surprisingly well.

Sounds like there are more Guardian healers than I thought! Wait until my raid guild hears about this. :p

I've made some updates to the Builds for Runes spreadsheet.Specifically, I've added an "About" page with info on the project and a link back here. It also has a color key so distinguish meta builds, my builds, and builds that have been rewarded their bounty. That last one is more for me to keep track but w/e.I've also added the last few builds. Thanks guys!

My turn to contribute one. This actually got buffed recently:Build name: No Fun Allowed (PvP)Class: WarriorRune of Rata SumBuild Link

This is a complete lockdown build. CC everywhere. It's working with the synergy between Cull the Weak, Body Blow, and Merciless Hammer. So I wanted to see if I could buff that weakness.It turns out that Rune of Rata Sum is the only rune that effects or applies weakness and only 15% at that. :| It's not best on slot by any means but the radiation field is pretty spiffy. Poison cover for duration plus more weakness for 10 targets.

Note to ArenaNet: we could use a weakness focused rune somewhere. Perhaps something like.

Superior Rune of the Egotist+25 Ferocity+10% Weakness duration+50 Ferocity+15% Weakness duration+100 Ferocity+20% Weakness duration, When struck by a weakened foe, gain 2 Stacks of Might (10 sec, 5 second  cooldown)

@Chrury.4627 said:

@runeblade.7514 said:Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil AdventurerRune Name: Adventurer

Build Name/Class: Dagger Dancer Daredevil EvasionRune Name: EvasionInteresting, a couple more self-sufficient builds of the raid dps condi DD.I prefer the Rune of Evasion version as it leans into buffing the dodge as much as possible but I can understand the Adventurer pick. If you actually
need
to manually heal with signet; things have gotten dicey and the extra dodge could save your skin.

@runeblade.7514 said:Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvE
Comments: I love this build. Thanks to Payback, the long recharge timer of Thieves guild is reduced greatly by killing mobs. You get your own pirate crew to help you fight and by the time they despawn, you will have another pirate crew to help you. Thanks to rune of the privateer you get a parrot to assist you with piracy.

Yar! I like that Mug worked its way in there. Very on theme.With Payback, the recharge isn't going to be a problem in PvE but have you considered Deadly Trapper over Panic Strike? Or do you think the occasional extra poison is worth it for Exposed Weakness dmg vs the Might/Vuln from triggering Ambush?

@Sylli.3891 said:Build Name/Class: Hybrid FirebrandRune Name: Rune Of DivinityGamemode: PvE/Wvw/Openworld

I can dig it. Firebrand has the tools to make use of all the primary attributes decently.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I use a firebrand with full water runes, with how my heal skill is ammo based I get some extra little group heals. Armor is all Plague Doctor statline, weapons are staff and scepter/shield. Sigil of water on the shield, sigil of stamina on the scepter because my dodges heal. Another sigil of water in the staff and a sigil of smouldering. Staff and scepter are Harrier stats, shield is plague doctor. Trinkets are Seraph back item, plague doctor ring and amulet and earring. Other earring is seraph and other ring is minstrel. All ascended because they're my fractal character. Works surprisingly well.

Sounds like there are more Guardian healers than I thought! Wait until my raid guild hears about this. :p

Yeah Guardian and specifically Firebrand healer is the only support I enjoy playing. The tomes are fun to use, and I can just throw out tons of boons.

@"runeblade.7514" said:Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvE
Comments: I love this build. Thanks to Payback, the long recharge timer of Thieves guild is reduced greatly by killing mobs. You get your own pirate crew to help you fight and by the time they despawn, you will have another pirate crew to help you. Thanks to rune of the privateer you get a parrot to assist you with piracy.

Looking back at my pirate thief, my thief does use deadly trapper. I just chose Panic strike because I didn't see deadly trapper as a choice. I saw a choice between Panic Strike and Revealed training because when I made my thief build, I chose only between these two.

@runeblade.7514 said:

@runeblade.7514 said:Build Name/Class: The PirateRune Name Rune of PrivateerGamemode: PvE

Looking back at my pirate thief, my thief does use deadly trapper. I just chose Panic strike because I didn't see deadly trapper as a choice. I saw a choice between Panic Strike and Revealed training because when I made my thief build, I chose only between these two.

Cool. I've edited the build link on the spreadsheet to reflect the change.The spreadsheet has also been updated with a couple meta builds for runes we've already used and a borrowed build for Rune of Mercy.

It also now has that build I suggested earlier:Build name: Explosion man!Class: EngineerRune of the CitadelBuild Link

I'll admit this one is a bit on the clunky side. But I've had fun running around with it (not the exact gear). Throw a Elixir Gun 5 on a group, jump in with forge 2, forge 5, forge 3, let forge explode, clean up stragglers or reset. Rinse and repeat. I am only annoyed that more explosions aren't blast finishers themselves.

Alternate version might run Flame Turret over Thumper to trade blast finishers and CC for more combo fields. It's just the smoke screen turns blasts into stealth which may or may not throw you off.

Small synergy: You can buffer cast F1-F2 if using Thumper Turret to blast the 1 sec water field from Regenerating Mist. It's the only way I've found that's fast enough to do that.

I'm so tickled that the recent buff to Short Fuse (Gain fury when you strike a foe with an explosion) means that the fury duration on Rune of the Citadel isn't wasted! In fact, the rune's bomb should trigger the Fury from Short Fuse all by itself.

Build Name: Minion Master NecroRune: The LichType: PvE Open WorldValkyrie Version LINKBerserker Version LINKComments:

This is an entirely flavor-oriented build. It is by no means good for WvW or raids or anything. It's VERY fun to play in open world though, and it makes you feel like a real necromancer master of undead armies. The upside is it has a lot of solo survivability while killing things very quickly, and it just looks awesome having so many minions. You get plenty of killing power from minions and your own death shroud. Even if you get stunned, your minions will continue to kill for you, often saving you. The Valkyrie variant is more difficult to obtain, but you are way more tanky while having the same damage output thanks to traits. However the berserker variant is plenty strong and easier to make.

There is also plenty of flexibility with the traits and skills of the build. I took Lich Form because it looks awesome, makes a big dps burst, and summons lots of small minions that explode. But you can take flesh golem instead if you want. It's totally up to you. You could even theoretically run Vipers gear and a scepter and take advantage of the poison fields left by the minions death nova. As an open world build, there's plenty of room for customization.

The downside is the sigil and rune are purely flavor. They are not actually that effective, even in this build. You could easily run another rune/sigil in this build and be more effective. What does the Rune (and sigil) need?

Make Rune of the Lich do this:

(1) 25 power(2) steal 150 life on crit(3) 50 power(4) steal 300 life when striking from behind or side(5) 100 power(6) summon a jagged horror on hit (15s cooldown) (this minion benefits from minion traits)

And make Sigil of Demon Summoning do this:

Your next attack after swapping to this weapon summons a Fleshreaver. The Fleshreaver lives for 20 seconds. (this minion benefits from minion traits)

Ferocious BurstWarriorRune: WurmOpen World/Troll-y PvP

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAnXUjMdQXH23B2dAnIG+BKbBCgG4ejRo61Cv73BA-jBSBQBA4UAwIlgL4IAok9Hsk6P6RfgIV+9gHAAA-e

Concept: MOAR ferocity plus guaranteed crit on burst skills.Leverages the vitality to ferocity conversion of Wurm runes by stacking vitality via Valkyrie gear and a few traits (10% power to vit in Strength) to create huge numbers from quick-recharging burst skills that always crit thanks to Burst Mastery trait. Uses axes and rifle to take advantage of the hardest hitting bursts as well as rapid adrenaline generation from the traits in Discipline (plus even more ferocity from traited axe). Signet of fury lets you fill adrenaline bar on demand and grants more ferocity. Signet mastery trait stacks still more ferocity when signets are used. Has a physical skill (either bolas or bull rush) to activate Peak Performance for damage bonus just before launching the burst. 33k health to shrug off most stuff. Can be modified by swapping OH axe to shield and changing Strength to Defense for a troll-y oneshot skirmisher style pvp build.

There's probably a thief version that could be made too with the guaranteed crit chance from hidden killer.

I'm thinking I might pull more PvP/WvW builds from Metabattle. That would account for another 8-10 or so Runes, so still plenty to play with.

@Xenon.4537 said:Build Name: Minion Master NecroRune: The LichType: PvE Open WorldValkyrie Version LINKBerserker Version LINKComments:

Rune of the Lich has already been PvE "claimed" by @runeblade.7514 but I think I might spot you 2G for the comprehensive write up.

@Xenon.4537 said:The downside is the sigil and rune are purely flavor. They are not actually that effective, even in this build. You could easily run another rune/sigil in this build and be more effective. What does the Rune (and sigil) need?

While, yes, it's almost entirely a flavor build, there is some synergy here. The Vit and condi duration without condi damage helps you get more out of self-bleed skills and the duration bonus gives you easier/more procs for things like Chilling Victory or Decimate Defenses.

I failed miserably when I tried to fashion a one-shot axe build with Rune of the Daredevil (Guaranteed Crit on dodge). This looks a lot more stable and stacks the numbers better.I'd guess the Sigils in PvP would be Opportunity (Axe), Separation (Rifle), and Annulment/Revocation? Classic 2-1-1 in Defense?

Build name: Crowstorm SoulbeastRune: Mad King RunesGame mode: Any

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhYD7kSFoVQshXwjXglXs4JYPrgAQCjpXtrub5j2Ubs9EpXNVA-jFSBQBb4BAAgjAAFuIAZU5He0NYSlg9Z/hEq+DA-w

This build is a high burst damage build that I use in WvW and PvP mostly, but it works well in anything besides raids from my experience. It's somewhat simple to pull off the burst. Pre-cast Call of the Wild, and hit your Moa Stance right before the cast finishes to maximize your boon duration. Send your smokescale out to attack, which will by default start the smoke assault move. As soon as the attack is done, merge with your pet and use your smoke assault. Should be at 12 might now, and you can opt to use We Heal as One to max out your might. Now you can burst. Un-merge with your smoke scale, use One Wolf Pack, immediately followed by Hunter's Call. One Wolf Pack will deal a strike of damage for every 4 instances of damage the target takes PER SECOND. Between the crows on Mad King Runes, and the birds from Hunter's Call, you will proc a significant amount of damage. Your smokescale will ALSO proc it's own instances of damage if you un-merged before using One Wolf Pack. I don't recommend wasting Sick 'Em for this burst, it's better spent doing the greatsword burst, which is Maul->Hilt Bash->Maul->Worldly Impact. Also, by using black bear as your alternate pet, you have a pretty significant invincibility time if you merge with it. Helps to stay in the fray during meta events and such.

Let me know what you think!

I failed miserably when I tried to fashion a one-shot axe build with Rune of the Daredevil (Guaranteed Crit on dodge). This looks a lot more stable and stacks the numbers better.I'd guess the Sigils in PvP would be Opportunity (Axe), Separation (Rifle), and Annulment/Revocation? Classic 2-1-1 in Defense?

Yeah, those are the sigils for pvp. I'll usually try to adjust the build to what the other team looks like. I'll take shield trait in defense sometimes if theres a thief/deadeye to lol at their suicide, otherwise trait 2. Signet of might stays to make block-reliant classes cry, signet of fury usually goes for a stunbreak. No more peak performance, so you aren't constrained to a physical skill anymore. Sometimes I'll take signet of stamina if I expect tons of condi cancer. All depends on what the opposition looks like, but it is really good for killing guards.

Oola-mancer Necromancy and golemancy have long been destined to collideRune: GolemancerMode: PvE (for fun only)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQRBIhdu1JNiQLNYPNg1NAtb4IXogBQDsCzweJmCaZsGNLA-jBCBABB8EAIc/BGOIA5pfoS1fOTJIAnAAsU+BA-e

It is a second-tier rune and you run into the problem that anything will be inferior to scholar, so I went with a bit of a theme build revolving around a decent hold-your-own fighter and squeezing a bit more out of the summon golem. Since the rune revolves around getting hit, the old punching bag necro seems like a good candidate, and the theme quote solidifies the class choice. Could have went reaper, but then it just gets close to usual build and loses flavor. Idea of build is to be able to fight and do fine damage on your own while enhancing the golem's damage (and yours) through lots of vulnerability on the target, which is quickly applied using Focus 4, Well of Suffering, Axe, Shroud 1 and traits. Vampiric presence gives a small buff to golem and signet of vampirism active gives damage buff as well. Blood is power applies just the right amount of bleeding to give you a way to control when the lesser vampirism trait proc from Blood Bond happens and also buffs up the golem with a bit of might. Assuming that the rune golem lasts the same duration as the elite skill one, you have about 70% uptime of a golem pal in an extended fight. Well of power is in there for a stunbreak and some condition management to make it a bit more user friendly.

Must be Asura. Wear t2 cultural armor, wield things like Phase Scalpel, Flux matrix, Inquest or Glyphic weapons. Run with your trusty Mini Servitor Golem and have fun.

Oh, and no need to send gold, doing this for the fun of it.

rata sum has already been done but i believe this build makes even more use of it's buffs. It's for PvP gamemodes and you could use it in casual PvE or fracs if you want to.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCN1gdbC+1A0bilpBL+DeCfhUngbQmSKlVACAA-jZRHQBmsMgL2fAAHEAB8EAC3FAAAThis build explodes and kills minions to spread poison, weakness and chill to all nearby enemies, basically nerfing the enemy team. Good damage from regular attacks and the explosions too, the runes improve the condis and give a passive defence in the form of weakening and poisoning attackers, which is invaluable in this oneshot meta.

Had a slight distraction with Halloween but I have continued to update the spreadsheet. Thanks for the continued interest!

@"chaosdurza.3291" said:Build name: Crowstorm SoulbeastRune: Mad King RunesGame mode: Any

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhYD7kSFoVQshXwjXglXs4JYPrgAQCjpXtrub5j2Ubs9EpXNVA-jFSBQBb4BAAgjAAFuIAZU5He0NYSlg9Z/hEq+DA-wNoice. If only Juvenile Raven was useful to tie the theme together. Alas, Versatile.

@"thehipone.6812" said:Oola-mancer Necromancy and golemancy have long been destined to collideRune: GolemancerMode: PvE (for fun only)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQRBIhdu1JNiQLNYPNg1NAtb4IXogBQDsCzweJmCaZsGNLA-jBCBABB8EAIc/BGOIA5pfoS1fOTJIAnAAsU+BA-e

It is a second-tier rune and you run into the problem that anything will be inferior to scholar, so I went with a bit of a theme build revolving around a decent hold-your-own fighter and squeezing a bit more out of the summon golem.

Kudos for working in some lore theming. Looks like could be a fun minion-master alternative.I wonder if an Engi with Power Wrench could make better use of Summon 7-Series Golem. Or any of the racial elites for that matter. The trick might be figuring out how to support your summons.

EDIT: Oh hey, had you considered working with Sigil of Frenzy? Particularly in a PvE environment; it could shave some time off the Golem recharge.

Oh, and no need to send gold, doing this for the fun of it.

Cool. Appreciated.

@"Kumouta.4985" said:rata sum has already been done but i believe this build makes even more use of it's buffs. It's for PvP gamemodes and you could use it in casual PvE or fracs if you want to.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCN1gdbC+1A0bilpBj6EcDyUSpsCQAI+DeCfhA-jZRHQBA4gAEuLAgAeCAuY/BTWGAAThis build explodes and kills minions to spread poison, weakness and chill to all nearby enemies, basically nerfing the enemy team. Good damage from regular attacks and the explosions too, the runes improve the condis and give a passive defence in the form of weakening and poisoning attackers, which is invaluable in this oneshot meta.

Good to see an alternate to my Rata Sum build; the poison duration is wasted on Warrior, I'll admit. Here's hoping we get a power/weakness focused rune at some point.

Spreadsheet updated.

Build name: Rampage as OneRune: Rune of the RangerMode: PvE

Went old-school with this one.Concept is pet support for damage and to keep that #6 bonus up. Fortifying Bond is key.Might generation was initially pretty low so I added a pair of Sigils of Strength and Plate of Roasted Cactus. This passively keeps me at 8-12 stacks of Might; close enough for WHaO or SotP to cap it on demand.General fight entrance starts on WH5 - 4, building up might for a few seconds before swooping in with GS. Tiger burst with Maul AoO on F2 can easily hit 8k on most mobs and in group settings can hit 12k+. Feel free to Maul whenever, Tiger's regular attacks can handily keep up with GS damage.I took Empathic Bond for sharing my pet's conditions back to me and with Evasive Purity that was really all the condi removal I've needed in PvE. YMMVIf you're confident in your skills, you can swap Wilderness Survival for Skirmishing. You lose personal sustain but with 2-2-3 you gain vigor, quickness, and improved fury. You'll just have to keep a closer eye on your pet's health.

I'm going to play with this for a few days before converting the runes to Runes of the Soulbeast. I'll have to think on that one...

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little distracted with Halloween and such but I'm back at the build craft and hopefully some of ya'll are too!First, a progress report: the spreadsheet currently has builds for 32 of the 89 Runesets. 1/3 of the way there guys!Second, I got lucky with a Halloween drop and a bit of gambling so I am doubling the build bounty (for those who collect). Unique rune builds are now worth 10g and hitting a rune already claimed for a different game-mode is 5g.

And here's a couple of mine:

Build name: Signet CasterRune: Rune of DurabilityMode: sPvP

A hybrid condi-support-tank with scepter/warhorn. Combos the Aegis from the rune (one block is surprisingly useful) with Written in Stone so you keep signet passives when you use the actives.Playstyle sits in earth by default and swaps attunements when you or your team needs healing or burst. Ignores Air for the most part.If you're confident in your timing; "Rebound" is an alternative to Glyph of Elementals.

Build name: PoF Reveal SoulbeastRune: Rune of the SoulbeastMode: PvE

Man, I hate this rune.I'm not even mad about the toughness. if it worked, I get where they're coming from. you lose your pet aggro management so a little extra toughness could help (theoretically)

Soulbeast is the only class that can use both effects. This also means they can merge with Deadly pets and gain +200 condi damage.But at 7% power-to-condi, you would need ~2900 power base to have the same condi damage both merged and unmerged. And Ranger can't reach that level without food and full bloodlust. But if you have the power to do that, you don't have enough condi-damage to use the merged toughness.

If it was 8-9% you could combine berserker and sinister and the math would work out. I could live with that. If it was 10%, you could even go straight Viper's. Then the toughness gained from condi would be ~176.. about as much as a stone signet passive. nice if it worked. Then you could have an optimal merge rotation where you fight unmerged for the bonus + pet doing damage and sharing stances and boons, merge for condi/utility burst, and unmerge for more damage.

As it is tho, the optimal way to play this rune is to stay merged with a deadly pet. Just like every other condi-soulbeast build aNetWhy D:

So I threw my hands up and went in another direction. Sinister/Berserker, D/D, Shortbow, focus on evading + quickness and hitting lots of times. I really wanted to run Hyena with this build to get more allies for shared stances but it wasn't working. I had to go with {le sigh} meta pets.Play unmerged most of the time for the condi bonus, then merge with smokescale for power burst or lighting wyvern for even more CC. Smokescale is enough in most cases though. Alternate between casting stances while merged to unmerged and you're good. Range with shortbow when things get sticky.The build is merely ok, even after I got used to it. I hope someone can one-up me here. Or rune gets buffed.

Archived