roamer build wvw ranger advice

iamforeva.2514

i want to solo roam in wvw and i was looking at builds https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_%27Em_Roameri know its ascended i looked and i dont see the stats power precison vitality exotic. Do i have to craft it or wat, ascend is random drop from fractals correnti m just looking for a exotic gear in mean time or simllar build untill mean time i can get asceneded that work work best for me..

ty

Ascended gear can be a random drop, but can also be crafted or purchased with Fractal / WvW currencies.

The attribute set for the gear on that build is Marauder: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations#Four_or_more_attributesAs the Exotic gear crafted with this stat combo is Bind on Account, you have to craft it yourself - you won't find it on the trading post or from vendors.

Ascended armor and accessories (from Living Story Season 3) are stat selectable, and you can pick Marauder. You will NOT find that stat combo on ascended rings / trinkets you purchase from the Laurel Vendor.

@"iamforeva.2514" said:i have leather working at 500 and i am trying to discover insigna and it isnt working i have all materials am i mission something

Talk to the leather armor training vendor. The exotic insignia should cost a bit of karma i think.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Marauder_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia

Edit: with Halloween so close, i think there is also a cheap set of exotics available I got from last years collection. Selectable stats.https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9mumue/i_found_either_the_bravest_cat_in_tyria_or_the/

@"iamforeva.2514" said:i have leather working at 500 and i am trying to discover insigna and it isnt working i have all materials am i mission something

you don't necessarily need marauder tbh. you can just build assassin's and some .. toughness + power + ferocity. ( don't remember what the statset is called )

that would probably save you a lot of trouble.

also, rather than using the builds on meta battle you might wanna try something like this instead

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAlsgN8Ce8CctglJB7JIcB+YNBgGwEIP3GcPul8t0A-jlyHAB6pSx3XCg2VDAgnAATKBDf/BlU60jyo10FgoqKzDCA+8Ar+VVVVSBUlSL-w

Do you play WvW a lot? If so you can always grind reward tracks for the exotic armor pieces. I am almost certain that both the Crystal Desert and Triumphant Armor Reward Tracks have Marauder stat options. I have a bunch saved up which is how I gear up alts with rarer armor sets like Marauder, Minstrels, and Harrier.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Do you play WvW a lot? If so you can always grind reward tracks for the exotic armor pieces. I am almost certain that both the Crystal Desert and Triumphant Armor Reward Tracks have Marauder stat options. I have a bunch saved up which is how I gear up alts with rarer armor sets like Marauder, Minstrels, and Harrier.

I agree with Triumphant Armor Reward Track, but don't go for the Desert Armor Track.These armor can't be salvaged. Will be wasting good runes that way or spending extra to get runes back.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Do you play WvW a lot? If so you can always grind reward tracks for the exotic armor pieces. I am almost certain that both the Crystal Desert and Triumphant Armor Reward Tracks have Marauder stat options. I have a bunch saved up which is how I gear up alts with rarer armor sets like Marauder, Minstrels, and Harrier.

If you're like me and like to mess with different builds a lot, this is the way to go. I grind triumphant (Crystal desert if you need skin/other stuff from that track or don't care about runes/salvage) for existing armor with all stats available (plaguedoctors was recently also added ) depending on what expansions you have, and I just get asc trinkets from ls3 reward tracks with map currencies.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I agree with Triumphant Armor Reward Track, but don't go for the Desert Armor Track.These armor can't be salvaged. Will be wasting good runes that way or spending extra to get runes back.

Oh, didn't know that they couldn't be salvaged! Thanks for the heads-up. I suppose it's still a good choice until you get the skins unlocked, then.

Ascended trinkets will be easy to get if you play a bit of pvp everyday, they are the best ascended trinkets to get because you can swap stats pretty cheaply and easily.

Then focus on ascended weapons first, ascended longbow you can't go wrong using it in any kind of ranger, as for secondary depends, greatsword is cool and popular, sword/axe too.

You can buy your ascended longbow with pvp grandmaster marks.

For armor at first just run exotic marauder, do and repeat the glorious armor reward track in both pvp or wvw and get exotic marauder armor, the difference won't be that huge.

And slowly as you progress you craft or get the ascended pieces and substitute the exotic ones.

Archived