Guild Hall Updates?

Gotham.3012

As a returning player who for the first time is using the guild hall system it seems incredibly limited and frustrating to use. The local limit on objects really prevents any intimate decorating of many areas, the limit on decorations in the Arena where I can't place them on the floor, but I can place them 1ft above the floor makes no sense, and overall the cost you need to sink into even the simple decorations is a little outrageous all things considered. The most annoying thing is the fact you cannot remove the static "rubble" in a lot of the halls like Windswept Haven where there's just ruins everywhere or in Gilded Hallow the random plants growing into areas. I'd really like to see ANET step up and give more options for decorations in guilds halls, but further usability updates as well. I saw a suggestion earlier for a living guild hall and I think it's a wonderful idea as well! It's really sad that they seem to have abandoned guild halls when guilds are a such a core part of the game for everyone involved.

TLDR

• Remove the local limit
  • Remove the Arena limit for regular decorations
  • Allow us to remove static rubble/overgrowth/etc
  • Add more regular and arena decorations
  • Improve guild hall experience as a whole?

You have me for X/Y rotation, decos are a hell to place. The best gh is lost precipice seriously, the other ones, everything great is hidden by boulders/vines. We still need 1 guild hall for PoF. Could be gandara the moon fortress if done well, an underground or an island in the style of lost precipice.

Then, local limit should be increased to 5 more, would make a great difference, of course more decos. BUT also 2 golems: 1 to set a music in gh like DJ golem in sun refuge, the second one for selecting weather (storm/snow/fog/sunny) to make it more living and giving it an ambience for halloween festivities...

@hugo.4705 @Kylden Ar.3724I'm curious as to what your thoughts on the Arena limits and local limits? In my mind it should be up to the player to determine how placing things affects their performance. I've never really seen an explanation as to why you cannot place more. Also I'm more focused on making the current guild halls more usable rather than adding new ones. I think working the core foundation is really more important than adding entirely new halls.

@Gotham.3012 said:@hugo.4705 @Kylden Ar.3724I'm curious as to what your thoughts on the Arena limits and local limits? In my mind it should be up to the player to determine how placing things affects their performance. I've never really seen an explanation as to why you cannot place more. Also I'm more focused on making the current guild halls more usable rather than adding new ones. I think working the core foundation is really more important than adding entirely new halls.

I honestly can't say there as I don't know enough about the code or 3D modelling to say. I'm a business app developer, which is far less complex.

I think it would be nice if guild hall arenas were larger though. I'd also like to see GvGs in the guild halls (10 person squads, you group up and enter a queue, and then are either invading another guild's hall or being invaded) cause I think a deathmatch style mode in those large guild halls would be fun.

@Gotham.3012 said:@hugo.4705 @Kylden Ar.3724I'm curious as to what your thoughts on the Arena limits and local limits? In my mind it should be up to the player to determine how placing things affects their performance. I've never really seen an explanation as to why you cannot place more. Also I'm more focused on making the current guild halls more usable rather than adding new ones. I think working the core foundation is really more important than adding entirely new halls.

Local and Arena limits should be increased. For me nothing affect my performance, I have same fps whether in a well decorated area or one with one deco. I have no clues why we can't have more...

Yup toi much decos will nullify the concept of decos, let's say of interior/exterior decorator/architect. 5 would be great for me: I only need that for adding light source, carpet and eventually plant. It's better to force yourself to optimize your space than charging him so much that you can't see anything.

The issues I find with the guild hall system aside from the obvious scribing silliness is actually more about size.The halls are large and for the most part really pleasing on the eye imo, but they are so large and most of the decos are so small that they end up getting lost in the sheer emptiness. Additionally until you have the guild actually upgraded to certain levels its pretty hard to get creative and for small to medium size guilds that is the killer.I said right from the implementation of GH , it came across as rushed and steered more at a gold sync rather than a genuine stab at adding some creative content and actually ended up being a lost cause for many smaller guilds.Whether we get anymore updates to GH's who knows but I would be more inclined to sort out what they have already implemented before pushing anything else out.Of all the MMO's I have played over the years GW2 offers one of the worst Guild orientated content features and Guild Hall/decoration system.. that is of course my own subjective opinion and likely many others are happy with it, but to me it just seems so lacking and basically left to fester, when it had so much to offer when first being pushed out with the update.

fyi at least one of the limits is tied to the minimum pc specs. Raising those limits will raise the min specs and they have stated this wasn't under consideration at the time (I want to say the dev post was 2 years ago)

But yes, Guild Halls need some love as do Guild missions and Guild QoL in general

Yes, very much, to all of the OPs ideas.

I love the idea of decorating, and the limit is killing my ability to accomplish my current goal, which is a castle in the sky. I wanted to use snow for the "floor" in order to give a look of clouds to the members viewing from the ground level, but the limit simply did not allow for this. The SAB ground, which is pretty large, at least allowed for a good area of flooring. But now I can only place a few walls, which doesn't exactly work for creating an entire castle, even just a tiny one that looks more like a shack.

One more suggestion is to have some ambient wildlife to give the guild halls a better feeling of being alive. Some deer, fireflies and such.

Archived