No Mounts or gliding in portion of Hoelbrak

@Blocki.4931 said:Too easy to break out of the map I believe.

But there are a lot of other places where you can break out of the map using mounts or gliding and you're not prevented from doing so. I believe Anet said back when gliding was enabled in core Tyria maps that they knew it would make it easier to get to places you're not supposed to be and that was simply a risk you'd have to take if you were gliding near the edge of the map.

Without being able to test it I can't see that this spot would be worse than any of the others I know of (which includes some places where you can end up trapped under the scenery). But then I've never been able to see any other reason for Anet to disable mounts and gliding there either.

Before mounts and after gliding you used to be able to jump up on one side of Lost Spirit’s Hallow, glide over to the other side, do some more jumping and get up on top of Bear Hallow. You could reach an “end of the world” facing towards Wayfarer’s and look out over the city and into the cave beneath Bear Hallow. They eventually put up invisible walls but it’s possible Springers were still a problem.

Archived