Mirage. Back to square one...

trooper.2650

so... where is my +25% speed increase gone? I almost forgot how bad moving like snails is, when everyone around you is on the fly.A new specialization for mesmers to make us feel 3 years younger, when we were debating "is traveler runes and focus the only boost to speed available to mesmers?"

PS: I want to run a condi setup so lynx is not an option.

Thnx

@pinkglow.3429 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@pinkglow.3429 said:They removed it? Omg, what was the reason?Are there any patch notes for this? Can't find

?

If the movement speed on dodge is gone? Should be info about it somewhere

OP is talking about no innate +25% like Chrono has, therefore having to take suitable runes or skills or a ton of gold on movement speed consumables for wvw.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@pinkglow.3429 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@pinkglow.3429 said:They removed it? Omg, what was the reason?Are there any patch notes for this? Can't find

?

OP is talking about no innate +25% like Chrono has, therefore having to take suitable runes or skills or a ton of gold on movement speed consumables for wvw.

But you don't really need it with the dodge speed? I think it is enough to get by quite fast in wvwvw

@pinkglow.3429 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:

@pinkglow.3429 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

?

But you don't really need it with the dodge speed? I think it is enough to get by quite fast in wvwvw

That's 1s superspeed every 4-5s at best if having perma vigour (difficult out of combat unless using BD F2 for vigour and interlacing with other shatters) and food.

Also I'd rather save endurance for when I get jumped by an opponent instead of spending it all for short bursts of faster movement.

Also, frankly, mounts.

And yeah yeah, sPvP and WvW, but quite honestly if you enjoy PvP you shouldn't be playing GW2 for it, for sPvP at least play a MOBA, they're much better at 5v5 PvP since they're built around it. And for WvW, well, difficult actually, but even GW2 has never stepped up to the plate after DAoC faltered. I'd recommend World of Tanks or World of Warships really.

@phokus.8934 said:Mirage doesn't need a passive %25 movement speed increase because it has exceptionally good leaps and teleports.

well thats wrong. even if i blink tripple jaunt, double sword ambush, ppl can outrun me with 1 leap 25% movementspeed. This is why im planing to upgrade my runes for 25% speed. - > To be UNcatchable.

While saying this, AN could have implemented another speed rune , just for mirrage.

my Try

Superior Rune of blurred Fire

(1)+25 Condition Damage(2)+50 Power(3)+50% Endurance regeneration(4)+75 Power(5)+100 Condition Damage(6) +25 % Movementspeed.Explode when using a dodge roll.420(+20% Power)DMG - ignores Armor like draining/Cant Crit2*Burn (2 Sec)

@Carighan.6758 said:Also, frankly, mounts.

And yeah yeah, sPvP and WvW, but quite honestly if you enjoy PvP you shouldn't be playing GW2 for it, for sPvP at least play a MOBA, they're much better at 5v5 PvP since they're built around it. And for WvW, well, difficult actually, but even GW2 has never stepped up to the plate after DAoC faltered. I'd recommend World of Tanks or World of Warships really.

Since I have not stepped out of the Mist since release of PoF, you are saying I should be changing game altogether? Wow... That's a bit drastic isn't it? I'm just asking to get the QoL I got used to when playing chrono back, that's all.Off all those goody things I lost when switching to Mirage, innate 25% speed boost is the one that pissess me off the most, to have lost. All other things I can understand. Many new skills introduced with chrono could not follow the new spec. But this... It's like being sadistic. It is like Anet saying to us "get off of the car and if you want to come with us you need to run". That's how I feel right now

try following setup ; sword main , iluusionary ambush , blink , jauntThe combo would be illusionary ambush on a 1200 unit ranged target , detarget it, use sword ambush for 600 units, blink another 1200, jaunt-450 , sword ambush-600, jaunt-450,sword ambush-600 jaunt, 450. - 5550 Units = more then portal :D

Be a boss and place a portal where u started. Once ur enemys tracked u , portal back and laugh.Be a Pimp and place a Portal where u stared, and give ur whole group a 5550 Teleport. (Rougly 5 seconds total Cast Time)

Again ; u still need the 25% movespeed for wvw vs some classes, but the feeling this combo is going to give u could maybe let u forgot about chrono a little bit.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:try following setup ; sword main , iluusionary ambush , blink , jauntThe combo would be illusionary ambush on a 1200 unit ranged target , detarget it, use sword ambush for 600 units, blink another 1200, jaunt-450 , sword ambush-600, jaunt-450,sword ambush-600 jaunt, 450. - 5550 Units = more then portal :D

Be a boss and place a portal where u started. Once ur enemys tracked u , portal back and laugh.Be a Pimp and place a Portal where u stared, and give ur whole group a 5550 Teleport. (Rougly 5 seconds total Cast Time)

Again ; u still need the 25% movespeed for wvw vs some classes, but the feeling this combo is going to give u could maybe let u forgot about chrono a little bit.

Congratulations, you just spent 1.5m worth of cooldowns to accomplish what a warrior with a greatsword can do in about 10s!

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:try following setup ; sword main , iluusionary ambush , blink , jauntThe combo would be illusionary ambush on a 1200 unit ranged target , detarget it, use sword ambush for 600 units, blink another 1200, jaunt-450 , sword ambush-600, jaunt-450,sword ambush-600 jaunt, 450. - 5550 Units = more then portal :D

Congratulations, you just spent 1.5m worth of cooldowns to accomplish what a warrior with a greatsword can do in about 10s!

Whirlwind attack , 8 second cooldown traited - 450 rangeRush, 16 second cooldown traied, 1200 Range

Warrior in 10 seconds = 1650 unitsThats illusionary + sword ambush ( actually this is more ; 1800), which is in fact only ONE skill, which goes on CDAm i missing something?

and broSINCE WHEN HAS WARRIOR PORTAL?!?! NEW WITH SPELLBREAKER???

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

Whirlwind attack , 8 second cooldown traited - 450 rangeRush, 16 second cooldown traied, 1200 Range

Warrior in 10 seconds = 1650 unitsThats illusionary + sword ambush ( actually this is more ; 1800), which is in fact only ONE skill, which goes on CDAm i missing something?

I don't think illusionary ambush works on a target out of range. It just doesn't teleport you at all.

@Exciton.8942 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

I don't think illusionary ambush works on a target out of range. It just doesn't teleport you at all.

k blink then ... whats ur point dude?

@FaboBabo.3581You are right. We are almost like thieves now, don't we? Mobility now is just really good, not that was bad before... not complaining on that. But why do they have access to +25% speed boost by just slotting in a signet? But I'll go further and would not complain at all if I could trait focus without sacrificing heal on shatter trait. Right now there is no doubt which one most of the people would go for.

However, speed boost cannot be directly compared to mobility, in terms of where you can teleport etc. Speed boost helps during combat, on the node. It just makes the game/combat feel smoother, more fluid. That is the main reason of my complaint. I would trade half of the teleports we have for speed signet, for example or a minor GM trait like we had with chrono.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@phokus.8934 said:Mirage doesn't need a passive %25 movement speed increase because it has exceptionally good leaps and teleports.

well thats wrong. even if i blink tripple jaunt, double sword ambush, ppl can outrun me with 1 leap 25% movementspeed. This is why im planing to upgrade my runes for 25% speed. - > To be UNcatchable.

While saying this, AN could have implemented another speed rune , just for mirrage.

my Try

(1)+25 Condition Damage(2)+50 Power(3)+50% Endurance regeneration(4)+75 Power(5)+100 Condition Damage(6) +25 % Movementspeed.Explode when using a dodge roll.420(+20% Power)DMG - ignores Armor like draining/Cant Crit2*Burn (2 Sec)

Quit the hyperbole because no one is catching up to you with one leap and a 25% movement speed across a pvp map. Even in WvW you can travel 3750 units in a matter of seconds which can steer you clear of any impending doom.

Jaunt is 1350 unitsBlink is 1200 unitsAmbush Leap is 1200 units

@phokus.8934 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

my Try

Quit the hyperbole because no one is catching up to you with one leap and a 25% movement speed across a pvp map. Even in WvW you can travel 3750 units in a matter of seconds which can steer you clear of any impending doom.

Jaunt is 1350 unitsBlink is 1200 unitsAmbush Leap is 1200 units

i get catched with 25 % movespeed rune , and everything u mentioned ): feelssadman. sometimes i even manage to be lucky seeing a monster in my direction , use illusionary ambush , detarget + sword ambush for free.Still get catched >.< Maybe im just unlucky.

I use the superspeed, sword ambush leap, blink, jaunt, focus, if I need to travel fast. If running with group, someone probably is providing swiftness already. Busting cooldowns and endurance on it isn't a problem to me because the recharges are really fast, if I'm running mirage I make sure I have endurance regain food and vigor and so on. And as much mirage cloak and distortion as possible. Even without dodges I have deception evades and more shadowsteps etc.

Archived