Episode 5 SPOILERS topic.

ugrakarma.9416

@Castigator.3470 said:

@jimmy.9560 said:the intention was for him to
be
the replacement, no? like...that was the ENTIRE plan...to absorb the colossal amount of magic that is an elder dragon so he could be powerful enough to fight the other gods. otherwise he was just gallivanting around for no reason whatsoever.

Not really, the replacement would need to stay on Tyria and absorb incoming magic. Balthazar wanted to go after the other gods, Tyria be damned.

Exactly. Balthazar was going to go after the gods after killing Kralkatorrik. This would then leave a large gap in the All for Tyria. Which would leave Tyria with nothing to regulate magic anymore. As Ogden said:

Ogden Stonehealer: Too much magic, and the world spins out of control. Too little, and it crumbles into darkness.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Tanith.5264" said:

1. Aurene absorbed God magic. No specific connection to resurrection in that, but it is God magic.

I don't know about resurrection, but your post
does
remind me that there was a fleeting glimpse of Balthazar as we were delivering the final crystal blast to Kralky. I noted it, but there was so much going on at that point I couldn't look more closely.

As kralk built towards a huge blast, all 3 other spheres he absorbed (balth, zhaitan, mordy) appeared as symbols around him, presumably to show he was drawing an enormous amount of power in an attempt to finish the fight and escape. Balth appeared as a red silhouette above him.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Tanith.5264" said:
  1. Aurene absorbed God magic. No specific connection to resurrection in that, but it is God magic.

I don't know about resurrection, but your post
does
remind me that there was a fleeting glimpse of Balthazar as we were delivering the final crystal blast to Kralky. I noted it, but there was so much going on at that point I couldn't look more closely.

As kralk built towards a huge blast, all 3 other spheres he absorbed (balth, zhaitan, mordy) appeared as symbols around him, presumably to show he was drawing an enormous amount of power in an attempt to finish the fight and escape. Balth appeared as a red silhouette above him.

Yeah, and Aurene saved us from this blast then, in the final cinematic he used his magic only.

@Arden.7480 said:Did Rox die?

We don't see her at the end, so anything's possible, but she was on the second platform along with Mia Kindleshot, Boticca, Captain Glennon, Zafirah, and Logan. So given we see Zafirah, I think it's safe to believe most folks on the second platform survived. Same with folks on the first platform with Rytlock, who didn't know what happened.

The only named NPCs on the third platform that got annihilated were the new MN-4C3 golem, and General Almorra Soulkeeper. Though while the golem and the generically named NPCs didn't do squat as Kralkatorrik was charging his laser, Almorra hightailed it out of there. And before the blast, she got a Determined buff. So she might have managed to survive.

It should be noted that the area behind the third platform would be where Varya (the dredge), Thora Griffonbane, and... some others I can't recall, were, in the passages being blocked by crystals earlier. Nearby were the Wurmarshal and Troopmarshal (and Grace the Junundu).

So any of those on/near platform three are probable for deaths.

Kinda interesting how most named NPCs were on the second platform...

Archived