Warclaw feedback!

Jen.6021

The lag is a problem. I do not know why but last night warclaw-ed zergs (20 people mini zergs) fought and I experienced lag as no one has experienced before. They said it was due to CPU power but I never had that much lag, not even in 3-way sm fights.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random thoughts:

• "get your Warclaw collection" was OK. Finishing the track probably took people the longest
  • "sit in box collection" is lame.
  • "pages" collection has flooded EB with collection completetists, which kind of disrupted regular WvW gameplay (as so many people just don't participate in the mode and keep up high queues)
  • the need to "pull chain" for x-amount of damage is too high and encourages wasting and not "spending" supply in a meaningful way.
  • the combination of low gate damage + long recharge of the pull skill makes it not viable, even to add on top of rams. Currently I see the use of the chain pull dropping to zero use, once everyone has finished the achievement. It is just a gimmick.
  • the mount is a bit too evasive, the HPs seem to be OK for me
  • the sniff ability hardly adds anything to spotting enemies with your eyes on the screen + map awareness. As long as I can not share it with allies in party (not in squad) in is a bit useless.
  • The "finish downed players with the pounce" has encouraged many people to keep sitting on their mount and waiting for a downed opponent instead of joining a fight. This is especially annoying in small fights with a few people.

@flyro.6083 said:

@"Helicity.3416" said:it
may
be a little strong...
O2zzyHw.gif

Remove zerg gameplay and #fixed!

Red was given 1-2 seconds to deal 10.9k damage; to dismount Green's leaping stampede. Ooh, tried.

Edit : Be it for roaming or blob fight (more apparent on small scale fights), unmounted players need to initiate with 10.9k damage on a disposable mount is at such disadvantage.

The "finish downed players with the pounce" has encouraged many people to keep sitting on their mount and waiting for a downed opponent instead of joining a fight. This is especially annoying in small fights with a few people.Another popular way to use this is during a blob fight, run to the back line when low (get out of combat to reset HP), mount up and charge back in to pounce on downed players to finish them off.

@Eramonster.2718 said:

could use a breakbar that dismounts the rider when brokenNot disagreeing but hoping for a better alternative than burning a cd (cc at that before the fight).

What about a short stun or daze after being breakbar dismounted?

@Eramonster.2718 said:

and the battle maul attack should also dismount one enemy it hits in addition to its current effects.The problem with this is it first require players to owned a mount, out-run the chase(with more leap and speed otherwise its a cat and mouse gimmick both running at the same speed),and pounce, hoping it would hit because this will dismount you regardless.

Keep the increased movement speed in owned territory in mind. It'll make it a bit easier to force engagements when you're fighting on your land.

@Rotten Bones.2391 said:Now that the warclaw's been out for some time, I think it could use a breakbar that dismounts the rider when broken, and the battle maul attack should also dismount one enemy it hits in addition to its current effects. My previous opinion of the gate pull attack remains unchanged. It still shouldn't use up supply.

How can a breakbar work when you can’t CC the mount..?

• 3 weeks later...

After more time with the warclaw, I wouldn't complain if it started out with a single dodge with a second dodge you can level up, instead of starting with two and leveling up to three.

I think that mounted players shouldn't be able to contest cap circles, trying to catch a mounted player in some of the bigger cap circles can be frustrating.

It's also a little too easy to keep both garri and hills on alpine BL contested by riding back and forth between the two on your mount and getting guard aggro each time.

dying scrapper

I feel a bit foolish now...staying close to commander, with protection, minstrel scrapper, still receiving 13k hits and dying instantly...

If there is now an AoE stomp with CC immunity, why can't scrappers function gyro have an AoE revival at the scrapper's location? or at least a "target next downed ally" keybind...

Archived