Warclaw feedback!

Jen.6021

I agree that CC needs to affect them in some way even if its to negate the dodge or deal health damage or something. They shouldn't have full ability to just eat that. I also agree that the dodge going from 3 to 2 would be way better over all. Jury is still out on the health pool only because Ive seen them both melt and not melt in combat situations so that might need more checking up on.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Zaoda.1653 said:• While I don't exactly like the -1 supply required with every tug, I get that, without this, it would render rams kinda useless, so I get that.

Considering their extremely slow speed and being limited to 3 per gate, I think the -1 supply per pull is overkill in the terms of limiting siege capabilities. There is absolutely no reason to even pull a gate with a Warclaw, as 3 Warclaws with 20 supply each won't even take a T0 gate below half HP.

Achievement Points!!!

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Zaoda.1653 said:• While I don't exactly like the -1 supply required with every tug, I get that, without this, it would render rams kinda useless, so I get that.

Considering their extremely slow speed and being limited to 3 per gate, I think the -1 supply per pull is overkill in the terms of limiting siege capabilities. There is absolutely no reason to even pull a gate with a Warclaw, as 3 Warclaws with 20 supply each won't even take a T0 gate below half HP.

The only time it would likely be beneficial is if it’s one player, as three could likely build a ram. So.,, a havoc group running with 4 or five with enough to build one ram (maybe two) with some leftover supply, it would make sense to do the pulls after.

But otherwise, it’s true that the mount isn’t nearly as effective as rams (or catas even)

@zionophir.6845 said:

@"Helicity.3416" said:it
may
be a little strong...
O2zzyHw.gif

fun way to destroy combat in wvw. Rest In Peace WvW our beloved gamemode.

that's also the kind of action that TC/BP had on Eu Prime. the difference is it is in EBG.

The actual meta is completly crap compare to pre-HoT and this thing completly destroy the fun i had in fight.

@Redponey.8352 said:

may
be a little strong...
O2zzyHw.gif

that's also the kind of action that TC/BP had on Eu Prime. the difference is it is in EBG.

The actual meta is completly kitten compare to pre-HoT and this thing completly destroy the fun i had in fight.

k tell a.net to rollback all updates to its vanilla (2012) form.

@zionophir.6845 said:

may
be a little strong...
O2zzyHw.gif

The actual meta is completly kitten compare to pre-HoT and this thing completly destroy the fun i had in fight.

I think this was actually suggested a while back, even with the random events we have a suggestion to remove Elite specs for a week. Anything that requires work will not be implemented...

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

may
be a little strong...
O2zzyHw.gif

I think this was actually suggested a while back, even with the random events we have a suggestion to remove Elite specs for a week. Anything that requires work will not be implemented...

if it'll be rolled back, can you assure that ALL the players (in 2012) will still play? they could've been scientists and stockbrokers by now.

Prior to the release I was among those concerned about the impact the warclaw might have on the game mode (particularly my preferred style of play: solo roaming) and skeptical of its benefits. Consider me a convert at this point. Solo roaming with the warclaw is fantastic! I waste so much less time getting to the action now, and I no longer have to worry much about getting steamrolled by every zerg that comes around the bend (and subsequently wasting more time slow-walking back to the action!).

It has definitely changed some things, but overall I'm finding that the positives far outweigh the negatives (again, from the perspective of a solo roamer). I'm sure I will find some specific criticisms worth addressing as I continue to roam using the warclaw, but my initial impressions are very positive.

@zionophir.6845 said:

may
be a little strong...
O2zzyHw.gif

if it'll be rolled back, can you assure that ALL the players (in 2012) will still play? they could've been scientists and stockbrokers by now.I would love but anet prefered to have a noskill meta which rely on overpowerd class like FB , scourge. Class which doesnt need to have interaction and synchronization between player to make much dmg or healing. Before we used to heal on repack , water field and blast for major healing. Bombing meaning corruption well and a synchronized debuff to be effective with damage.

Love the warclaw for added mobility, it's allowing us to find content much faster. Therefore more action, less downtime. People actually responded to callouts because they could make it in time for a change.

Dislike the damage and stomp. I think skill 1 should be changed to knocking people off the mounts. It'll at least be a way to counter mount speed, mount vs mount combat. But the aoe stomp and damage is just too much, they're not needed.

@gavyne.6847 said:Love the warclaw for added mobility, it's allowing us to find content much faster. Therefore more action, less downtime. People actually responded to callouts because they could make it in time for a change.

Dislike the damage and stomp. I think skill 1 should be changed to knocking people off the mounts. It'll at least be a way to counter mount speed, mount vs mount combat. But the aoe stomp and damage is just too much, they're not needed.

Agree with this hopefully it gets altered.

I haven't had much of a chance to use it. My biggest complaint is that I can't gank people when they're on the mount.

I main Herald. I basically use my PVE build in WvW, with some easy changes. One of the things that I've got going for me is high burst damage, which I used to take advantage of via maximum aggression. I would stalk somebody, and then use Phase Traversal -> Deathstrike -> Precision Strike in order to quickly catch up and disable an opponent before I get flattened by the counter-attack. But the Warclaw gives 10k extra health, which is enough to eat up the entire Death Strike. This means that, instead of entering into the fight at an advantage, I'm entering into the fight by blowing all of my energy just to get started.

That's assuming I can catch them... which I can't. The mount is faster than I can move with Phase Traversal -> Deathstrike. They just leave me in the dust.

Archived