Female Asura Clothing

Disig.7169

This suggestion really got shot in the foot by the moral outrage argument. I agree with the OP, though, that future sets ought to work in some more options that reflect other races' female sets.But the devs seem pretty set against increasing their armor-modelling workload any more, so that seems unlikely.

Skimpiness is when you fight to the point of loosing your whole armor and ending up in your underwear should we fix that too. Oh and while we're at it we should not be allowed to dive, because diving = no armor another fix needed. The beach at the Cove where where Kasmeer and Tarzan run in their bathing suit. Close your eyes for what's next.https://imgur.com/WnMSc9e Diving, character no longer among the living, she missed a dive and went belly up.https://imgur.com/VmVTPnn This one a vegan diver, fell asleep while sunbathing never woke up, she fried.
https://imgur.com/SdJxXKn Ah my Asuran belly dancer she was no good at being a Guardian.https://imgur.com/a/gvWXL And my new ranger he plays with 3 armor parts one visible.
Off topic can someone tell me why my gamma is light and the pics still come out dark?

@Panda.1967 said:

@Jovel.5706 said:

@Panda.1967 said:Not to mention, their are quite a few armors that are quite inappropriate on a female.

changed on females Asura (and Charr)changed

I remember when Mr. Mike O'Brien posted on the old forums about the legendary light precursor armor being changed in response to some hurt feelings.He included in his post that, since the armor skins were new, nobody had the chance to "bond" with those skins and grow to love them-- they were fairly new (or unreleased and just previewable, not sure) and there was no real harm in tweaking them so early after people got peeks. But I have a friend who was really looking forward to the old legendary light precursor chest skin, that was later just changed to the male version.

You see, I'm also disappointed by the asura armor skins from PoF for heavy soldier professions. I don't like 'em.But you won't see me asking them to be changed. Why? The expansion has been out for enough time for people to be using the skins, loving the skins, working hard to acquire the skins. You can't pull a switcheroo this late into the expansion and take away the sets that people love, even if you don't. The OP didn't ask for a change but instead asked for more sets of armor that show a distinction between male and female.

Also, "inappropriate on a female" is just your opinion.Norn have tattoos.Charr have fur patterns.Sylvari have skin textures and bioluminescent glows.Asura have skin patterns (from subtle to very prominent options).

People want to show off those racial features they've chosen at the start of their character customization. That means revealing armor of varying degrees. What's the point of picking a certain racial feature if it's going to be completely hidden by unisex armor? I personally LOVE the Pit Fighter's set on my female asura guardian and the Tribal set for my female asura necromancer. It's been five years, why should people be forced to give up their favorite armor sets now? A waste of work that could've been better spent on more armor.

And quite frankly, there are far more people who are offended by these armors on females than who enjoy them. Heck, most of the people who enjoy them won't even miss them since they use different armors anyways

You have some actual data to back up those assertions, bud?

@AstralDusk.1670 said:This suggestion really got shot in the foot by the moral outrage argument. I agree with the OP, though, that future sets ought to work in some more options that reflect other races' female sets.But the devs seem pretty set against increasing their armor-modelling workload any more, so that seems unlikely.

TY for trying to get back on topic. I think this thread is unfortunately doomed now :( But yeah, seems like Anet wont concern themselves with this for various reasons. Which is why I made a new Necromancer today...Sylvari. I'm just sick of not having the tools to make my Asura gal look the way I want her to.

Personally, I have a character who, although she is a Guardian, also enjoys looking feminine and vaguely-threatening. I would think it possible to make feminine armor for asuran females which is both adorable/pretty that doesn't lose the sense of "I'm going to punch a bookah in the nose and there's nothing you can do to stop me."It's really based on the player's perception of characters' personalities and how they're displayed. As the age-old saying goes, "You can't fight crime if you ain't cute!"

My problem with the clothing is if they decide to change some of it to match other female races, then my Asura will lose their neat looking armor. Certain styles are affected and look better on female Asura as 'male'. Like the Scarlet eye piece, the Aetherblade medium set etc. Hell some of the heavy armor looks better since it doesn't make the female Asura look like they are wearing high heels or skirts.

• 5 weeks later...

@Jinroh.4251 said:My problem with the clothing is if they decide to change some of it to match other female races, then my Asura will lose their neat looking armor. Certain styles are affected and look better on female Asura as 'male'. Like the Scarlet eye piece, the Aetherblade medium set etc. Hell some of the heavy armor looks better since it doesn't make the female Asura look like they are wearing high heels or skirts.

Yeah...that too is a problem. Mainly why I was more hoping to plea for the new armors in PoF. And future armors. The older armors, well, people are used to thema nd have found great looks already. The new ones at least we can change before people get too comfortable. but I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm for this, too, and was very disappointed to see the light armor Elonian was the male version. The female top would have looked great on an asura, too. I really wanted to use it for my elemental. Still going to, the vest also looks great on her. I struggled with my mesmer to find something elegant and feminine. 'Specially the bottoms. She doesn't wear pants.

I don't like my female asura baring their chests, either. "Nothing there" and culture is a rather poor excuse. If people are uncomfortable with something, you aren't going to just change their minds by trying to correct them. They have gender neutral bodies, there is no right or wrong answer. Regardless, I still see mine as the ladies they are and will continue to avoid chest baring armor.

• 1 year later...

Asuras are mammals. I remember seeing that when I was reading some GW2 lores.

It is possible for them to not have nipples, but they do breastfed (with some sort of pores where said nipples should be.)

The only reason I can see them covering their upper part would be purely for practical purpose. For Asuras, they don't have the same "body sexual attraction" than conventional humans. I personnally prefer my asura character to be well equiped (immersion).

Asura and Charr are both beast races, that being said. No armor on either of them are offensive. But since Asura male/female share the same frame work (Charr included) It is easier and faster to make one armor for each of those two races. Which sucks for the most part when trying to do fashion wars. Outfits are a good example, the Noble outfit a Tux on the Charr for both sexes and a nice gown on the humanoids. We have seen a few dress style outfits for the Charr (Countess Anise) so why is the Female Charr stuck wearing a Tux ? The Lich outfit for the Asura IMO looks fine for both sexes.

@"Edge.8724" said:Asuras are mammals. I remember seeing that when I was reading some GW2 lores.

It is possible for them to not have kitten, but they do breastfed (with some sort of pores where said kitten should be.)

The only reason I can see them covering their upper part would be purely for practical purpose. For Asuras, they don't have the same "body sexual attraction" than conventional humans. I personnally prefer my asura character to be well equiped (immersion).

What's with all the thread necroing? The posts you're replying to is over a year old.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Edge.8724" said:Asuras are mammals. I remember seeing that when I was reading some GW2 lores.

It is possible for them to not have kitten, but they do breastfed (with some sort of pores where said kitten should be.)

What's with all the thread necroing? The posts you're replying to is over a year old.

Probably did a search first and this is what showed, and just responded to it without checking the date?

Archived