Legendary Fractal Armor

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:Ok, 1 question for all those that suggest, think, believe, and angrily demand that there shouldn't be a fractal legendary armor:

Apart from raiders keeping the exclusivity of the so called "PVE legendary armor", what's your reason to deny other PVE players (way more numerous than raiders, btw) a new way to get ANOTHER (yes, another, a different one, not the same, and probably a way uglier one) legendary armor? And please, don't talk about it would be too easy, because it shouldn't be easy at all, the same way that getting the "Fractal God" title isn't easy at all.

As I said in a previous post, GW2 has so many examples of different ways to get the same or equivalent items in game, so that wouldn't hurt raiders at all. Moreover, raiders could get the new armor as well, in case they were interested in it.

What would be the point of creating another PVE legendary armor, when we already have one? And if it's to make it way uglier what's the point at all? Moreover wouldn't adding legendary armors from different game modes make it less prestigious? Also 5 and 10man contents are very different, you shouldn't be able to access legendary armor from Dungeons no matter how many steps it takes to get it. It's just wrong.

What would be the point of adding a new mount, when we already have many?What would be the point of adding a new map, when we already have many?What would be the point of adding a new food, when we already have many?

How is this relevant? I think we are getting confused here. Are we talking about a new skin ? or a new legendary armor ? If you just want new skins, I don't think that it has to be a legendary armor necessary. Plus what are you suggesting; that you would like more 'combat enabled' armor skins? Do you consider the skins from the PvP legendary armor to be legendary ?

You have a RAID legendary armor. Raids are the worst representative of the PVE playerbase, simply because raids are , by far, the least played PVE content. I am asking for a FRACTAL legendary armor.

In any case, the key of your answer is "Prestigious": thats your real, unintentional answer. In other words, exclusivity. "I have it, and (since I know that the vast majority of PVE players are unable to participate in raids, for many reasons) I don't want more people to have it".

What do you mean by unable? Are you saying that they do not have enough time to consider to raids? Are raids not their primary focus as it isn't as rewarding as Fractals?

Also if you give legendary armor to fractals, why shouldn't you give "raids encryption box" to raids ? And add daily rewards too on top of that? Since you seem to think that there are no difference between the two.

What I'm trying to say here is that you should start giving some serious arguments as to why Legendary armors should be added to Fractal? Asking Anet to add legendary armors to fractals because it is what people play the most and thus (arguably) the easiest way to get it. Is just being lazy. Many people hate world completion, however unless you want a legendary weapon you have to do it (that or pay 2k gold at the trading post).

Because Armor isn't reward, it's convenient item. Reward for raiders was the skin, not functionality.

If raids were fine in this game, people would raid.I don't care of easy encounters.There is already legendary armors outside raids, so asking for another from most played mode makes sense to get outta raidjail.Now gimme one good reason why are you against it beyond 'I do raids, I'm better then you'

I want griffon, aurora and gift of battle from raids. I do not get that because it is crazy and it is not how games work

Do those thing help you with raiding? Make a thread and tell Anet about it

They do help but they are not needed nor do they give advantage to players who have them.I would post something if for example griffon was needed to complete wing 5 but it isnt so no problem

Exactly, I never asked for advantage, just convince.Given Gw2 is open world and story driven game, griffon and aurora come from story and open world. Have bough, had lots of fun doing it.

@tim.4596 said:

Also, only having legendary armors in Raids is inviting players to play raids, while adding it to fractals would only create more boundaries between the two. As in this is wrong on so many levels, I'm not even sure why I need to be pointing this out.

As you can see it didn't work,people don't want that invitation, 3 years is enough time to state this.What boundaries you are talking about? Boundaries were put the day legendary armor was locked on raids and called PVE legendary armor.Ask vet wvwers if you know any, they can tell you the story.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:Ok, 1 question for all those that suggest, think, believe, and angrily demand that there shouldn't be a fractal legendary armor:

Apart from raiders keeping the exclusivity of the so called "PVE legendary armor", what's your reason to deny other PVE players (way more numerous than raiders, btw) a new way to get ANOTHER (yes, another, a different one, not the same, and probably a way uglier one) legendary armor? And please, don't talk about it would be too easy, because it shouldn't be easy at all, the same way that getting the "Fractal God" title isn't easy at all.

As I said in a previous post, GW2 has so many examples of different ways to get the same or equivalent items in game, so that wouldn't hurt raiders at all. Moreover, raiders could get the new armor as well, in case they were interested in it.

What would be the point of creating another PVE legendary armor, when we already have one? And if it's to make it way uglier what's the point at all? Moreover wouldn't adding legendary armors from different game modes make it less prestigious? Also 5 and 10man contents are very different, you shouldn't be able to access legendary armor from Dungeons no matter how many steps it takes to get it. It's just wrong.

What would be the point of adding a new mount, when we already have many?What would be the point of adding a new map, when we already have many?What would be the point of adding a new food, when we already have many?

How is this relevant? I think we are getting confused here. Are we talking about a new skin ? or a new legendary armor ? If you just want new skins, I don't think that it has to be a legendary armor necessary. Plus what are you suggesting; that you would like more 'combat enabled' armor skins? Do you consider the skins from the PvP legendary armor to be legendary ?

You have a RAID legendary armor. Raids are the worst representative of the PVE playerbase, simply because raids are , by far, the least played PVE content. I am asking for a FRACTAL legendary armor.

In any case, the key of your answer is "Prestigious": thats your real, unintentional answer. In other words, exclusivity. "I have it, and (since I know that the vast majority of PVE players are unable to participate in raids, for many reasons) I don't want more people to have it".

What do you mean by unable? Are you saying that they do not have enough time to consider to raids? Are raids not their primary focus as it isn't as rewarding as Fractals?

Also if you give legendary armor to fractals, why shouldn't you give "raids encryption box" to raids ? And add daily rewards too on top of that? Since you seem to think that there are no difference between the two.

What I'm trying to say here is that you should start giving some serious arguments as to why Legendary armors should be added to Fractal? Asking Anet to add legendary armors to fractals because it is what people play the most and thus (arguably) the easiest way to get it. Is just being lazy. Many people hate world completion, however unless you want a legendary weapon you have to do it (that or pay 2k gold at the trading post).

Because Armor isn't reward, it's convenient item. Reward for raiders was the skin, not functionality.

If raids were fine in this game, people would raid.I don't care of easy encounters.There is already legendary armors outside raids, so asking for another from most played mode makes sense to get outta raidjail.Now gimme one good reason why are you against it beyond 'I do raids, I'm better then you'

I want griffon, aurora and gift of battle from raids. I do not get that because it is crazy and it is not how games work

They do help but they are not needed nor do they give advantage to players who have them.I would post something if for example griffon was needed to complete wing 5 but it isnt so no problem

Exactly, I never asked for advantage, just convince.Given Gw2 is open world and story driven game, griffon and aurora come from story and open world. Have bough, had lots of fun doing it.

Difference is that you are asking and i am not.Its like this: you are writing a math exam and you dont know how to solve an equasion so you ask the teacher if you can get full points for writing a poem instead

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

As relevant or irrelevant as your previous coment. No confusion at all. We are not talking about skins or legendary armors. We are talking about the possibility that the game gives to players to obtain the same or very similar items (be them skins, legendary armors, food or whatever).

What do you mean by unable? Are you saying that they do not have enough time to consider to raids? Are raids not their primary focus as it isn't as rewarding as Fractals?By unable I mean what you understand by unable. It's obvious.

Ohhh, "easy", here we go again. Who said easy? When you get your "fractal God" title after +1 year of work and close to 8,000 gold spent, like I did, tell me what's easy in it. Besides, the "easier" to get that FRACTAL legendary armor, the higher "prestige" of that "hard" RAID legendary armor, right?

Once again, be clear: you simply don't want more people (people that cannot do the same things you do while playing GW2) to access other items that could be similar in some way to those you already have. Only that.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

Difference is that you are asking and i am not.Its like this: you are writing a math exam and you dont know how to solve an equasion so you ask the teacher if you can get full points for writing a poem instead

More of I'm on math exam and someone has a chair and I have to stand

@Curunen.8729 said:Can't it just be a skin/cosmetic ascended armour?

I prefer if it remains one source of legendary armour per game mode, but would welcome ascended or even exotic fractal armour for cosmetic only.

Can it be legendary with no skin and I'll go ahead and buy more skins from cash shop?

I prefer if it remains one source of legendary armour per game mode, but would welcome ascended or even exotic fractal armour for cosmetic only.

How are RAIDS a game mode?If they are, FRACTALS are a game mode also, so they deserve to have a legendary armor as well.

Raid is a tiny % of PVE, the smallest one. PVE has not a legendary armor. RAIDS have.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:Ohhh, "easy", here we go again. Who said easy? When you get your "fractal God" title after +1 year of work and close to 8,000 gold spent, like I did, tell me what's easy in it.I have "fractal God" title. It is easy.

Besides, the "easier" to get that FRACTAL legendary armor, the higher "prestige" of that "hard" RAID legendary armor, right?still not see answer - we have enough ways to get leg armor. Why should be one more ?if someone is fractal player - he can easy have 2-3 sets in bag.If you real want leg item from fractal - ask leg necklace will be more interested and uniq.. but of course not armor set.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

How are RAIDS a game mode?If they are, FRACTALS are a game mode also, so they deserve to have a legendary armor as well.

Raid is a tiny % of PVE, the smallest one. PVE has not a legendary armor. RAIDS have.

And raids are part of pve -> pve heva legendary armor

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

Can it be legendary with no skin and I'll go ahead and buy more skins from cash shop?

I was refering to getting legendary armor.If you were refering to its uses its more like:Someone learned from their writings and someonefrom writings of a friend that uses colors when writing.During test you have no disadvantage

@lare.5129 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:Ohhh, "easy", here we go again. Who said easy? When you get your "fractal God" title after +1 year of work and close to 8,000 gold spent, like I did, tell me what's easy in it.I have "fractal God" title. It is easy.

Besides, the "easier" to get that FRACTAL legendary armor, the higher "prestige" of that "hard" RAID legendary armor, right?still not see answer - we have enough ways to get leg armor. Why should be one more ?if someone is fractal player - he can easy have 2-3 sets in bag.If you real want leg item from fractal - ask leg necklace will be more interested and uniq.. but of course not armor set.

We didn't have answer to why not? Why you guys so against it? Clearly there isn't enough ways if we have topics like this.

They will keep legendary amulet for Alliance wvw release, my bets are on it.

And raids are part of pve -> pve heva legendary armor

Raids are part of PVE, armor isn't, it's locked on part of PVE that hardly anyone is interested doing.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

I was refering to getting legendary armor.If you were refering to its uses its more like:Someone learned from their writings and someonefrom writings of a friend that uses colors when writing.During test you have no disadvantage

I never said I have disadvantage, I only asked to give us way to get convenient item. That is all.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:As relevant or irrelevant as your previous coment. No confusion at all. We are not talking about skins or legendary armors. We are talking about the possibility that the game gives to players to obtain the same or very similar items (be them skins, legendary armors, food or whatever).

Okay, but can you imagine if we start getting the same rewards in Raids that people get in Fractals... I mean... Fractals already give so much rewards to players, while Raids clearly does not. Also you are aware that right now the game is asking Players to do Fractals to get a legendary backpiece ? So it's the same with legendary armor, you have to do Raids. Both aren't that hard to obtain in either game mode.

And completely separating raids and fractals and giving them the same rewards, would just dissociate both game modes completely. In all honesty I think you guys asking for Legendary Armor to be added to Fractals is not really fair. You don't see raiders winning so much about all the different things available from other content to be added into Raids. They just understands that they need to play other game modes.

I think it's pretty much like what @ButcherofMalakir.4067 is saying. You can't do "X" and you're asking if you can do "Y" instead to get the same things as you would doing "X".

Ohhh, "easy", here we go again. Who said easy? When you get your "fractal God" title after +1 year of work and close to 8,000 gold spent, like I did, tell me what's easy in it.

I think the section above answers "easy".

@tim.4596 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:As relevant or irrelevant as your previous coment. No confusion at all. We are not talking about skins or legendary armors. We are talking about the possibility that the game gives to players to obtain the same or very similar items (be them skins, legendary armors, food or whatever).

Okay, but can you imagine if we start getting the same rewards in Raids that people get in Fractals... I mean... Fractals already give so much rewards to players, while Raids clearly does not. Also you are aware that right now the game is asking Players to do Fractals to get a legendary backpiece ? So it's the same with legendary armor, you have to do Raids. Both aren't that hard to obtain in either game mode.

And completely separating raids and fractals and giving them the same rewards, would just dissociate both game modes completely. In all honesty I think you guys asking for Legendary Armor to be added to Fractals is not really fair. You don't see raiders winning so much about all the different things available from other content to be added into Raids. They just understands that they need to play other game modes.

I think it's pretty much like what @ButcherofMalakir.4067 is saying. You can't do "X" and you're asking if you can do "Y" instead to get the same things as you would doing "X".

Ohhh, "easy", here we go again. Who said easy? When you get your "fractal God" title after +1 year of work and close to 8,000 gold spent, like I did, tell me what's easy in it.

What game are you playing? Fractals and raids were on separate notes the day, there was a raid. Please stay on topic,if you not happy with raids rewards, open own thread and put your thoughts in it

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

What game are you playing? Fractals and raids were on separate notes the day, there was a raid. Please stay on topic,if you not happy with raids rewards, open own thread and put your thoughts in it

What do you mean stay on topic. I'm not the one who started crossing boundaries by asking Legendary Armor to be added to Fractals... when PvE already has legendary armor. And the grind level from WvW and Conquest modes are just not comparable to PvE game modes.

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

What do you mean stay on topic. I'm not the one who started crossing boundaries by asking Legendary Armor to be added to Fractals...

Excuse me? I never asked for Envoy to be added to fractals. Please read my OP.PVE doesn't have legendary armor, raids have. Raids are not the whole PVE.Why not WvW is PvP, Conquest modes is PvP so what is the difference you see.That fractals can have own set of legendary armor?> @Curunen.8729 said:

@phs.6089 said:

I thought the whole point was to have a fractal aesthetic/design to the armour.

But sure if it was plain armour like wvw/pvp legendary then I've got nothing against that.

Well I added the part of fractal skins as it would be nice but if it's much trouble I even will get it in faceless with no legendary, just ability to change stats out of combat.

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

What do you mean stay on topic. I'm not the one who started crossing boundaries by asking Legendary Armor to be added to Fractals...

Excuse me? I never asked for Envoy to be added to fractals. Please read my OP.

I have read your OP, and I think, as from the messages from previous comment already made, we are way past that. I'm sorry if my usage of the word "same rewards" in raids than in fractals was misleading.

PVE doesn't have legendary armor, raids have. Raids are not the whole PVE.

Isn't that the same as saying Fractals have Legendary Backpiece, Fractals are not the whole PVE? I mean, not much to say about this.

Why not WvW is PvP, Conquest modes is PvP so what is the difference you see.

I won't pronounce myself about PvP because I don't play those game modes enough to have anything relevant to say. But although similar to Fractals and Raids (both game mode being different, and player doesn't seem to enjoy crossing between both). When Legendary armors got added to Conquest mode (as it wasn't at first), WvW required you to play it for multiple hours in order to get the tokens to craft legendary armor. Raid doesn't require such an investment from players.

I don't know if what I just said is still relevant, maybe now with just doing daily WvW you could potentially get the legendary PvP armor. That's why I do not wish to elaborate on this.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:1) If it was called "kitten fractal armor in no way related to the prestigious raid legendary armor " and...2) it had no special skin at all (just the same boring skins the ascended armors already have) and...3) it was pink instead of purple and...4) it only added the convenience aspect of the interchangeable stats and...5) It would take a long term effort full of hard work and high expenses...

we have that "kitten fractal armor" now. It has no special skin, it is pink instead of purple, and if someone want get new stat - just click on ascend box from daylis and get it. Also dont delete old.

Of courge can be intersting idea if you can forge 4 diff stats ascend to get 1 item whit possibility select starts from previous forged combination. But without possibilities swap runes it again fail, and may be not easy do it. Of course runes can me accumulated inside, just give possibility swap inserted runes .. But again, to many changes - less profit.Buy few slot for bags, and like me use 2-3 sets on each character. it works!and be very very happy that ascend is not soulbond xD

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

Excuse me? I never asked for Envoy to be added to fractals. Please read my OP.PVE doesn't have legendary armor, raids have. Raids are not the whole PVE.Why not WvW is PvP, Conquest modes is PvP so what is the difference you see.That fractals can have own set of legendary armor?

Raids have legendary armor. Raids are part of pve. So pve has legendary armor.

If you say that this is wrong than we cannot aregue or discuss with you since you are failing to understand basic concept of logic.

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

Excuse me? I never asked for Envoy to be added to fractals. Please read my OP.PVE doesn't have legendary armor, raids have. Raids are not the whole PVE.

Isn't that the same as saying Fractals have Legendary Backpiece, Fractals are not the whole PVE?

Why not WvW is PvP, Conquest modes is PvP so what is the difference you see.

I won't pronounce myself about PvP because I don't play those game modes enough to have anything relevant to say. But although similar to Fractals and Raids (both game mode being different, and player doesn't seem to enjoy crossing between both). When Legendary armors got added to Conquest mode (as it wasn't at first), WvW required you to play it for multiple hours in order to get the tokens to craft legendary armor. Raid doesn't require such an investment from players.

I don't know if what I just said is still relevant, maybe now with just doing daily WvW you could potentially get the legendary PvP armor. That's why I do not wish to elaborate on this.

Again you want legendary back item from Raids--> new topic.

You information on legendary armors is bit incorrect, actually all 3(exclude shiny wvw the 4th) require almost the same amount of playtime be that raids, wvw or spvp.

And no you can't get legendary wvw armor by doing dailies.

rofMalakir.4067" said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

Excuse me? I never asked for Envoy to be added to fractals. Please read my OP.PVE doesn't have legendary armor, raids have. Raids are not the whole PVE.Why not WvW is PvP, Conquest modes is PvP so what is the difference you see.That fractals can have own set of legendary armor?

Raids have legendary armor. Raids are part of pve. So pve has legendary armor.

If you say that this is wrong than we cannot aregue or discuss with you since you are failing to understand basic concept of logic.

Basic concept of logic? OK. WvW is part of PvP, sPvP is part of PvP. So PvP has 2 sets of legendary armor(3 if we count shiny wvw, wait now it's even 4 if we cout shiny pvp one).Why PvE has 1 set only? I want it to have 2 sets.

GW2-PvP and GW2-WvW are basically PVP in every mmo, the same way GW2-non-raid PvE and GW2-raids are basically PVE in every mmo.

Elitists admit having a legendary set for GW2-PVP and another one for GW2-WvW (being both part of the general PvP game mode) , but they dont admit but one set for the small proportion of PVE that are GW2-raids, leaving the other, big part of the non-raid PVE orphan.

@phs.6089 said:

I thought the whole point was to have a fractal aesthetic/design to the armour.

But sure if it was plain armour like wvw/pvp legendary then I've got nothing against that.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

pvp/wvw/pve - one per game mode. I never said raids were a game mode by themselves.

For the record I don't like the concept of raids anyway and have never touched them.

You could argue regarding backpiece that raids should get a backpiece if fractals get unique cosmetic armour.

But as @"phs.6089" said, I don't mind if it was "non-cosmetic" legendary armour like pvp/wvw are.

Overall I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other (-> filthy neutral). I wouldn't bat an eyelid if fractals did or didn't get legendary armour.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:1) If it was called "kitten fractal armor in no way related to the prestigious raid legendary armor " and...2) it had no special skin at all (just the same boring skins the ascended armors already have) and...3) it was pink instead of purple and...4) it only added the convenience aspect of the interchangeable stats and...5) It would take a long term effort full of hard work and high expenses...

we have that "kitten fractal armor" now. It has no special skin, it is pink instead of purple, and if someone want get new stat - just click on ascend box from daylis and get it. Also dont delete old.

Of courge can be intersting idea if you can forge 4 diff stats ascend to get 1 item whit possibility select starts from previous forged combination. But without possibilities swap runes it again fail, and may be not easy do it. Of course runes can me accumulated inside, just give possibility swap inserted runes .. But again, to many changes - less profit.Buy few slot for bags, and like me use 2-3 sets on each character. it works!and be very very happy that ascend is not soulbond xD

I really want the convenience aspect of the legendary armor. Not the shiny paraphernalia that seems to be what worries the average elitist raider.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:1) If it was called "kitten fractal armor in no way related to the prestigious raid legendary armor " and...2) it had no special skin at all (just the same boring skins the ascended armors already have) and...3) it was pink instead of purple and...4) it only added the convenience aspect of the interchangeable stats and...5) It would take a long term effort full of hard work and high expenses...

I really want the convenience aspect of the legendary armor. Not the shiny paraphernalia that seems to be what worries the average elitist raider.

With upcoming legendary runes and sigils that won't be a problem.

And yes I would take forging ascended together to be abble to change stats but this is a new idea, new concept for devs, I don't know how much work it will require.