An opinion from the fight community.

Trajan.4953

@aspirine.5839 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Fight for the objectives, that will cause a fight, u need to pull enemy out if they have similiar numbers, if they are a s smaller server on your timezone dont expect fights, play the game how is ment to be played... Ktrain and pvd.

IMO i think OP is QQ cause is has a mass zerg against smaller groups.... cause that's what WvW has been most time during this 6 years....

@"Blocki.4931" said:Well what's stopping you from tearing the wall down and getting that fight?

Oh wait.

Half a trillion siege weapons that are often times unreachable, buffs + tactivators and people spamming siege disablers from stealth.Combine all that trash and you usually kill all the siege weapons deployed to take down the wall.

How so.... ??? u can hit siege o inner side of the wall, some skills can even pull players and damage them almost on the inner side of the strucutres... just pull the players and kill them, being in wall is a downside for the defenders.. lol..

Spam isnt always the way to win.... sometimes brains are required to counter enemy siege....

Oh look at you mr. Brains.

Alright lets start then with a simple example:

I want to go and flip a T3 bravost. I have to drop 2 mortars from keep to make sure i can use the gate/wall. Additionally keep cannon has to go that will take a dump on me if a enemy zerg comes to defend.The cannon and mortar on outer are close to eachother which is easy to kill but the inner mortar that can hit the bravost gate, you have to go directly to double gate blue keep to kill it. Thats already a massive hassle.Now some siege monkeys often times tend to deploy trebs on inner keep wall which are unkillable. If theres a treb there then no point using the gate nor the wall thats at enemy spawn side.

Now all you have left is to jump on the "sneaky" wall aimed at umberglade camp side. Once you reach there enemies can easily deploy acs on the bravost lower - middle ramp nearby lord room and you cant kill nothing once that happens cause the terrain is cut off.Throw in 2 shield gens into the tower and the nr 3 skill on the gens block all cata shots due to the gen bubble bugging through the wall. Add infinite amount of disablers with tactivators and good luck doing anything.

This only one example out of many.

Sometimes brains and EXPERIENCE is required before replying on matters you lack knowledge.

So you say Spawn towers should be easy to cap and hard to defend? I think you and I live in opposite worlds.

Even if you remove all that i listed above you still have a keep waypoint nearby which is a hassle to contest. Additionally you also have mounts which give you incredible movement speed in your home territory.There isnt nothing hard to defend anything. Defending is brainlessly easy over attacking due to how much snowflake conditions the defending gameplay has receieved over the years.

I understand that not everyone has been playing this game for years and years, so to them the scoring and fights still matter. But at this point, I think everyone could do themselves a favor by dampening their pride a little. Servers aren't communities anymore and winning or losing means very little. Don't invest time in an objective if you can't handle losing it. Conversely, don't get attached to the idea of capturing something if you can't handle failing.

I used to be very prideful of my servers and spent a lot of time getting things upgraded. I'd spend hours scouting, sieging, refreshing and defending. I was most passionate about WvW when I felt like I was part of something. Fighting for my world and for the people I enjoyed was what drove me to compete. Now we have links, mega servers and less activity as a whole. Servers don't have a face, they have guilds. Lion's Arch is not a place you can go to rally citizens for support in the Mists. And winning or losing doesn't mean a significant increase or decrease in the kind of activity you'll see because the difference between tiers isn't as significant.

I still play because GW2 has the best combat any MMO has to offer and because I still have friends/names I recognize that I like being around. I care nothing about the general mechanics of WvW anymore. And to be honest, I don't think I have any less fun than I did "back then." All that has changed is the reason I play; It used to be to support my server and to be with friends. Now, it's to find combat with friends.

The issue with guilds is that they have become what servers used to be. They each have their own personalities, goals and desires. They're still passionate about WvW because they're passionate about their guilds. They want to be somebody in a sea of nobody's. What they don't realize however, is that many pugs and smaller guilds that have been around just as long as they have are suffering as a result of their constant migrations. And this is why servers are constantly rising and imploding with pugs clashing based on their WvW preferences (eg. some prefer defense, some prefer offense).

Final point - there's no where you can go to find what you want. You can join an active WvW guild or you can deal with where you are. What you need to ask yourself is; do you want fights or do you want to win? Does a fight to you mean against other guilds/zergs or does it mean holding objectives? Does winning mean being the surviving group after a battle or does it mean going up a tier? Because you can find those things any where... Yet we still have players stacking en masse.

I would totally support trying to get a well-defended T3 keep. If it's worth it. But it isn't.It was fun the first 3 years or so, when trying to capture a high-level keep can give fights here and there - when the population was healthy and people are more enthusiastic in all aspects of the game mode.

Proverbial carrot and the stick.

Years ago, the carrot is coated with chocolate sprinkles you can chip off so everyone gets something. (You get fights while trying to get a defended objective). Now, the carrot on the stick is rotten due to years of neglect and staleness.

@borgs.6103 said:I would totally support trying to get a well-defended T3 keep. If it's worth it. But it isn't.It was fun the first 3 years or so, when trying to capture a high-level keep can give fights here and there - when the population was healthy and people are more enthusiastic in all aspects of the game mode.

Years ago, the carrot is coated with chocolate sprinkles you can chip off so everyone gets something. (You get fights while trying to get a defended objective). Now, the carrot on the stick is rotten due to years of neglect and staleness.

Some people like fermented stuff though.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@borgs.6103 said:I would totally support trying to get a well-defended T3 keep.
If it's worth it
. But it isn't.It was fun the first 3 years or so, when trying to capture a high-level keep can give fights here and there - when the population was healthy and people are more enthusiastic in all aspects of the game mode.

Some people like fermented stuff though.

And I respect that. So even if I don't like that festering, disease-ridden, bug-infested, disgusting fermented carrot, I try to find some other dangling carrots out there. Be it on the same game or another.

@Shining One.1635 said:A suggestion to the fight community: Find the like-minded guilds who play at the same time as you. Spread yourselves out to different servers. Now you'll always have someone to fight when you're online.

Several actually have. vR has consistently moved regardless of what servers are on the one they are going to. Yes, they hit pug groups, but they also go where they can consistently get their group on without significant queues.

There are Blob guilds that... purport to be fight guilds, that aren’t.... those are normally the ones you see hugging each other.

Looking at the guilds in the GvG tourney, most of those are not in the same servers, so the whole, spread out thing? It’s haopened for the most part.

Again, the discrepancy is with some of the guilds who say they want fights, but run..., unless their sitters are with them.

@Trajan.4953 said:Not one of us cares in the slightest about your T3 objective. None of us cares about capping it or the PPT involved. All we want is for you to come out and fight.

WvW involves different playstyles because its not a gamemode designed around one goal. There are many different ways to go about it, roaming, scouting, havok teams, zerging etc. If a guild is focused on fights, that's fine but there are a lot of different variables involved. Pug groups are more hesitant to go head to head with organized guilds especially when they are running together.

Archived