The Unofficial Australian Server

Exotic Panda.4967

Greetings!I am a returning GW2 player and have a general question that I need answered. As there is no oceanic server that exists currently or to be arriving in the future, I'm wishing to find a server with a high australian population, that will in-turn benefit me in WvW experience. I understand the whole Megaserver gist, but as an avid WvWer I just need some direct examples of what servers are best for Australian WvWers. After diving through a million forums I have some vague and varying answers, anywhere from Isle of Janthir, Jade Quarry, Stormbluff, SoS (Which is full stopping me from joining) etc. What is a very high/high pop server with a moderate Australian Presence?

@duillyn.2697 said:Someone will suggest Piken Square in EU, I would advise against it, they haven't had a positive k/d match up yet this year.

Doesn't matter if they have a big group of Aussies and still suck... and would probably make sense cuz we cant take anything serious...

....But...

...Im also interested to what OP asks, so does Piken Square have lots of Australians?

Piken EU does have quite a few Aussies (6 in my guild and others around also). Yes we have shitty ping, but we still manage to have a lot of fun. Most of us know NA might be better ping, but we choose EU anyway..
Really depends on what OP wants out of the game. If you competitively PVP a lot, then maybe NA is a sensible choice, but if you are looking for a few to hang out with on Aussie times, then EU can be enjoyable. We can all whine about the shitty ping together xD If you choose EU, you are welcome to pm me.

• 1 month later...

SoS was the original server GW1 Aussies moved to on day one but ppl have transferred off, and come back etc etc. Aussies are still on SoS but idk wether its more compared to other servers now, how would anyone know really, but yea seems like theres a lot around still. You could check out wvw stats.com for OCX times. OCX time has always been strong on SoS.... we do suk tho.

@"Vayne.8563" said:Honestly I'd look for an Aussie WvW guild first and then find out what server they're on, rather than the other way around.

That is literally the best idea.... Hard thing is "is that guild on a full server?" Theres a website that you can check it out (google gw2.altervista should bring up the page)

I know my guild [boB] Brotherhood of Bogans are on a medium server (maguuma), and are always welcoming new members from other servers needing "a aussie guild"

Many many ideas and places to try in this thread

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:Honestly I'd look for an Aussie WvW guild first and then find out what server they're on, rather than the other way around.

That is literally the best idea.... Hard thing is "is that guild on a full server?" Theres a website that you can check it out (google gw2.altervista should bring up the page)

I know my guild [boB] Brotherhood of Bogans are on a medium server (maguuma), and are always welcoming new members from other servers needing "a aussie guild"

I have to say as an Aussie, I love this guild name.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Honestly I'd look for an Aussie WvW guild first and then find out what server they're on, rather than the other way around.

Thank you, needed a name that stood like a beacon of light to all aussies and turned to a aussie tag... So BoB was created, worked in eso and now where aswell =)Aussies shouldnt have to play alone

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Honestly I'd look for an Aussie WvW guild first and then find out what server they're on, rather than the other way around.

Thank you, needed a name that stood like a beacon of light to all aussies and turned to a aussie tag... So BoB was created, worked in eso and now where aswell =)Aussies shouldnt have to play alone

Guild name sounds so Logan, QLD area :)

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Guild name sounds so Logan, QLD area :)

Needed that name that would be recognized straight away as aussie. Worked in many other games.

Funny thing is there is a small percentage that dont want to associate with the name, yet being a bogan is the demographic they are :lol: :lol: (even the live in logan part)